What did you do with your 5th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
I installed my ERG BUG SHIELD. Fiddly is the word. The retainers for the screws are a tad too loose as you fit them in the holes in the hood. A drip of silicone worked for me.

Attachments

• 62DF609D-BA3F-43A1-A5A8-092F27675752.jpeg
    62DF609D-BA3F-43A1-A5A8-092F27675752.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 9

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In the last 2 weeks, been at Dealership 3 times for AC TSB. Had TSB done, AC a lot better, but lost my REMOTE START/AC enabled, ie., remote start, AC does not come on when truck set that way when turned off. Truck will have to go back to dealership when they have a loner for me available for STAR case and who knows when repaired.

Aelwulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Got a Pedal Commander for Father's Day. If I remember correctly the 2017 had a small 'change' box on the left side but looks like they took it out on the 5th gens. It looks a bit busy under there around the plug, but I don't want it to be 'out there'. Any suggestions/examples for where to tuck them on these?

Also picked up the Mopar mud flaps and center console lockbox. Those need to be put on. I'm a bit surprised the Mopar flaps require some drilling/rivets instead of just using existing holes.

I took it to the dealer to check out some things. They re-did the alignment (front wheels were toed-out from the factory causing issues at highway speed).

They ordered a new master cylinder as the brakes are a bit softer than others they have on the lot with some air sound.

I had them check it for the issue with most gas pumps not filling it properly. They're going to replace the gas tank per a service bulletin. He said that's fixed 90% of similar issues (and seemed to for one on here as well), and it's the first fix step in the bulletin.

The running boards had one bolt instead of two so had those checked although I doubt there's an issue with the three in it. They said each truck on the lot seems to have a different number of bolts but they don't expect any issues. If it ends up being a problem it's been reported under warranty already so I'll bring it back in.

The radio system tends to drop my phone and doesn't hold contacts. My 2017 did the same. They said it was fine, but wound up needing a USB flash update that I did at home. They said they'd expect the same on this, but currently, there isn't an update. They did say one was expected soon.

I think there was one other thing but minor. All in all, it had good results.

The Peragon tonneau cover has broken in pretty well. No issues, it's closing/locking properly now, and it's sliding more easily as expected so should be all good with that. We had a VERY full bed on a camping trip with it and only one minor instance where I had to work around the fold-down design.

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
Just went through every page of this thread. Got some things to upgrade now!

I know the profile pic is still of the '17.... Ill update it soon enough. I picked up the '20 on 4th of July weekend and havent even taken pics yet. :rolleyes:

Aelwulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Just went through every page of this thread. Got some things to upgrade now!

I know the profile pic is still of the '17.... Ill update it soon enough. I picked up the '20 on 4th of July weekend and havent even taken pics yet. :rolleyes:
Same here, mine is of the '17 I traded in. But pretty close still. :)

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welp! I bought the truck a week and a half ago. Since then I installed the mopar rear wheel well liners, amazon mud flaps on all four corners, max mate roll up tonneau cover, AVS in channel window vent visors. I made and installed my own rear under seat storage box. Oh, and I put gas in the tank lol

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welp! I bought the truck a week and a half ago. Since then I installed the mopar rear wheel well liners, amazon mud flaps on all four corners, max mate roll up tonneau cover, AVS in channel window vent visors. I made and installed my own rear under seat storage box. Oh, and I put gas in the tank lol
How was the install of the vent visors, I’ve had in channel in the past on my 4th Gen and they were a little tough getting in. They also created lots of wind noise, do your side mirrors fold without hitting the visor?

Redfour5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Put a new Truxedo Truxport tonneau cover on my 2021 "Bulit to Serve" with Rambox and bought the after market "pins" so the bed divider would work as a bed extender. Those are about 35 bucks.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How was the install of the vent visors, I’ve had in channel in the past on my 4th Gen and they were a little tough getting in. They also created lots of wind noise, do your side mirrors fold without hitting the visor?
The AVS vent visors went in really easy. In fact they went in so easy that I was second guessing myself about the install. I tried to use the AVS in channel on my 4th gen but I could never get the window to close because of them so I went with the stick on ones. I'd hit the automatic up and they'd always stop the window and it would roll back down. I tried the in channel again on my new 5th gen because I think they look much better than the stick ons. I followed the included instructions and installed them yesterday. Much to my surprise the windows function properly after the install. The instruction say to keep the windows closed for 72 hours which isn't a problem because its raining like a mother now. As far as the mirrors folding I havent tried that yet although I don't see it as a problem and I will hardly ever fold them.

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The AVS vent visors went in really easy. In fact they went in so easy that I was second guessing myself about the install. I tried to use the AVS in channel on my 4th gen but I could never get the window to close because of them so I went with the stick on ones. I'd hit the automatic up and they'd always stop the window and it would roll back down. I tried the in channel again on my new 5th gen because I think they look much better than the stick ons. I followed the included instructions and installed them yesterday. Much to my surprise the windows function properly after the install. The instruction say to keep the windows closed for 72 hours which isn't a problem because its raining like a mother now. As far as the mirrors folding I havent tried that yet although I don't see it as a problem and I will hardly ever fold them.
That’s good to know, I had the same issues with them on my 4th Gen. Do you not have the power folding mirrors?

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Put a new Truxedo Truxport tonneau cover on my 2021 "Bulit to Serve" with Rambox and bought the after market "pins" so the bed divider would work as a bed extender. Those are about 35 bucks.
What color built to serve? I just bought a Spitfire Orange

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That’s good to know, I had the same issues with them on my 4th Gen. Do you not have the power folding mirrors?
I do have power folding mirrors. I hardly ever use them but I dont see it as a problem with the AVS visors

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok, I use mine every time I park my truck. Did you buy the black or smoke version of the vent visors?

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Disregard the smoke color, it appears that they are only for the quad cab.

mb33458

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 etorque
I installed a Gator hard trifold tonneau cover on my 21 1500 Bighorn.

Attachments

• 20210710_122641.jpg
    20210710_122641.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210710_122648.jpg
    20210710_122648.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 15

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
I posted some way back in this thread that I fitted the ERG bug shield to my new 2021 and didn’t like it cos it was actually a bronze colour in the sun, not what I would call dark smoke, (and I was a full time firefighter for 18years!)On a black truck it doesn’t look good. I called Real Truck where I got it and lo and behold! another one in Matt black came out to me a week later. Full refund for the original too.
Not a plug, but I always look for advice here about good deals/companies so passing it on. The ERG was a good fit. I think they do vent visors too but I held off because as someone said, they did cause extra wind noise in my 17. So those who have them on 2019-2021 do they cause significant noise?