What size bolts on catalytic converter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carlo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
Hi all,
Last night on my way home from work my 2014 1500 v6 started sounding like it had an exhaust leak. So just now I went and looked under my truck and I could see a broken bolt where the leak was coming from. It's where the catalytic converter attaches to the the exhaust pipe. Does anyone know what size bolts these are?
I won't have a chance to jack the truck up today to figure it out and I will be going out tomorrow morning and ideally would grab some new bolts on my way home, would save me a bunch of time if I could figure out what bolts to buy without having to get under the truck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

PXL_20230520_180603720~2.jpg

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
I Wana say it's 3/8 but it's been a lomg time since I messed with a cat.

1999 White C5 Coupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi all,
Last night on my way home from work my 2014 1500 v6 started sounding like it had an exhaust leak. So just now I went and looked under my truck and I could see a broken bolt where the leak was coming from. It's where the catalytic converter attaches to the the exhaust pipe. Does anyone know what size bolts these are?
I won't have a chance to jack the truck up today to figure it out and I will be going out tomorrow morning and ideally would grab some new bolts on my way home, would save me a bunch of time if I could figure out what bolts to buy without having to get under the truck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

View attachment 521520

I don’t know the size - but you may want to stop at or call a dealer, as they may have the common bolt in stock (it may be a special bolt due to the connection and heat).