Why are manufacturers still putting chrome on trucks?

Do you like trucks with chrome?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think the real question is why are manufacturers still putting cloth seats in trucks. Really should investigate this.

Cuz cloth is all a lot of people only wanna pay for when all they wanna spend is on them bottom of the totem pole-trimmed trucks. Unless it’s leather, I’d rather have cloth-covered seats which is easier to just put a good seat cover over. My last truck had them vinyl-covered seats and I hated them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes! And carpet! I really don't understand carpet in a truck!

LOL, why? Plastic floor’s for work trucks. But I guess I really can’t speak, not even two weeks or so after buying my truck brand new almost three years ago, I pulled out the fancy-schmancy Limited floor mats my truck came with for a set of Weathertech mats that protect better, along with the Weathertech mat for the rear footwell that goes from door to door.

But I still would much rather have carpet than vinyl.

Mike Flea

US ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think the real question is why are manufacturers still putting cloth seats in trucks. Really should investigate this.

I like cloth seats, not fond of leather seats, and hate vinyl seats. My assigned work truck (F-250) has vinyl seats, and it sucks getting into a hot truck in summer while wearing shorts.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Cuz cloth is all a lot of people only wanna pay for when all they wanna spend is on them bottom of the totem pole-trimmed trucks. Unless it’s leather, I’d rather have cloth-covered seats which is easier to just put a good seat cover over. My last truck had them vinyl-covered seats and I hated them.

Get with it man. We're making fun of the thread.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like cloth seats, not fond of leather seats, and hate vinyl seats. My assigned work truck (F-250) has vinyl seats, and it sucks getting into a hot truck in summer while wearing shorts.

Why no fond of leather seats?

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Get with it man. We're making fun of the thread.

My bad, man. But hey, at least in my defense, some people will come up with the darnedest things, how was I to know, this wasn’t one of those times?....[emoji2962]

Randy Grant

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hot in summer, cold in winter

THAT's why I like the heated/cooled seats. But I seem to remember getting stuck to the naugahyde/ vinyl (poor naugas) seats on a hot summer day. OUCH!!! Cloth seats get dirty easier, but are much more butt friendly. No one like a sweaty *** on a hot day and a long drive.
AAHHH, remember when ;-).

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I know, it just collects dirt. Should all just get with the times and put in laminate. Also, buttons. Why have them.Should just run everything off elon musks new brain chips.

I’m sensing sarcasm? lol

Reactions: BWL

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That plastic/rubber POS steering wheel in the F250/F350 is just as bad. Ours is a 2003 model. Wish I could find something better to clean it with.

BobSacomano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I didn't make an error in my original post.

Yes, you did.

In todays market it just seems to me like that vast majority of consumers don't want chrome on their trucks.

You said the vast majority don't like chrome. Based on the results of this poll, you are totally wrong. The people who say they love chrome outnumber the people who say they hate it and the people who say they don't care either way, together.

Yes, you made a mistake in assuming everyone was like you. Yes, you made an error assuming your view is in the majority.

So, what's the big deal? You made a mistake. Happens to everybody every day.

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
LOL, why? Plastic floor’s for work trucks. But I guess I really can’t speak, not even two weeks or so after buying my truck brand new almost three years ago, I pulled out the fancy-schmancy Limited floor mats my truck came with for a set of Weathertech mats that protect better, along with the Weathertech mat for the rear footwell that goes from door to door.

But I still would much rather have carpet than vinyl.

Amen, I remember the vinyl mats in trucks in days gone by and don't want to go backwards lol. The day I purchased the truck the Mopar full weather mats were installed at the dealer, the carpet mats are still in the plastic bags.

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
THAT's why I like the heated/cooled seats. But I seem to remember getting stuck to the naugahyde/ vinyl (poor naugas) seats on a hot summer day. OUCH!!! Cloth seats get dirty easier, but are much more butt friendly. No one like a sweaty *** on a hot day and a long drive.
AAHHH, remember when ;-).

YES I do! Who else remembers?

thenauga.jpg