Why did you pick your model/year of the Ram?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought my '05 Ram Daytona 4X4 for 3 reasons.
1) I wanted a 4X4 vehicle and this is my first truck and first 4X4.
2) I loved the color and still do.
3) I wanted a truck that wasn't just another regular truck on the road.

Capone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was in da market to buy a mean looking pick up......I was looking at tundras went to my local dealer test drove my truck a 2012 ram express reg cab 2wd.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Two Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM RCSB Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wanted a RCSB. The Express i bought had good options and the salesman was having a slow month, which translated into a great cash price.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 srt10 ram, 2003 4.7 4x4 quad cab ram
Engine
Viper 8.3 supercharged, stock 4.7
I bought the srt because it rocks and the 4x4 Qc because it matches

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
My 2002 threw a rod on the way to work. 301,000 miles on it. This R/T had just showed up on my wife's lot with 3,800 on it.
What a difference 12 years make.

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 07 GMC was rusting apart and using about 2qts of oil in a oil change. Plus I thought the rams was the best looking trucks on the road. And I always wanted to try a Hemi out.

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

jlis

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wanted to upgrade to a full size truck. They gave me a good deal on my 14 CCRB Laramie. Went Laramie because of the memory seats and all the other ram's on the lot did not have a sunroof.

Sladerade

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I went for an 09' because of the mods I could do to it. Gears, leveling shocks, tuner and it was in my price range too. I was a big fan of the 4th gen too. It reminded me of my 2nd gen I was upgrading from.

Wait a second... I'm posting from an iPhone?

Jack Archer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
2014 Express Black Edition. Mostly impulse buy. Not a single thing wrong with my 2008 Chevy Cobalt. Only 68k miles on it. Decided one day I want a truck to do stuff with. Did some research for a couple weeks, went and looked around, saw the Black and fell in love. A week later I didnt even tell my car goodbye as I handed over the keys to the dealer. I do feel really bad about getting rid of it like that. All I have of it now are a few pictures where its not even the main focus...

DavidinGA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport Blue Streak
Engine
2014 cc Hemi 8spd sport in blue flame. Bought because I didn't have a time machine to buy a 2015 model.

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 HFE RCSB
Engine
3.6L V6 And proud.
I spent a little over a year researching different trucks while I was in Japan and loved the Ram with all its options and vastly superior interior designs at mid-level packages. That and the color options, I loved the copperhead pearl. The Rambox , brown interior, 8spd tranny, a V-6 that worked were all huge points for me. When I got stateside back in December I started searching around for the exact truck I wanted, but couldn't find it in copperhead pearl, ended up settling for a 13 RCSB HFE with 201 miles on it used as a Chrysler show truck, got 14k off new MSRP with a longer warranty, just wish I had my color.

J

jub jub

I was impressed with the power of the R/T. By far, the fastest truck I have ever owned!

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
When I totaled my 05 Hemi, I knew I wanted something bigger and better. Because of cost, and the fact that I liked the 3rd gens, I knew I wanted to stay with the same body-style of my old truck, and a quad cab. I also wanted a Cummins, so it had to be a 2500 or a 3500.

Now comes the fun part... Besides that, I wasn't picky... except, it had to be PR4 Flame Red because I love the color. The only one I could find in the area at the time was a quad cab long bed, so that is what I went with! At first I hated the length of the truck, but now, I wouldn't get anything else now, I love it!

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
I have only had my Ram for 2 weeks. This is my first Dodge Ever! Since I was 16 it has only been GMC or Ford!

The last 11 years I have driving a diesel-->01 F250 7.3L! Awesome motor and Truck & it has taken me over 328K miles. She will still run with the best of them. Our 5th wheel was totaled by baseball size hail. We just never replaced it! So no really need for a diesel any longer. Even though it had been payed for 7 years. Nice not having any payments. I was tired of Diesels!

I wanted to try something different. My brother in law bought a 2013 Bighorn 1500 with the 5.7L 6 speed & next door neighbor just bought a 2014 8 speed Longhorn Edition. I was given a chance to drive and examine both many times over.

The 8 speed Transmission sold me! Also I love the 5.7L Hemi! I could only imagine those who own the 6.4L--->The Huge Smile on their faces every time they drive it!

There is no way I could not have brought home a Chevy or Ford with the same options @ the Price I payed for my Ram.

The only problem I have now is---->Everyone in the Family loves to Drive it. Especially my 16 year old daughter! She loves the Power and Feel. I have to hide the Keys!

Ram put a great package together--> 5.7L + 8 Speed ZF 8HP70 + 3:92 Anti-slip = Great Combo!

The Interior is Perfect-->Seats are Comfortable/Dash is well laid out-->I feel/ Ride and Handling is Awesome for a 1/2 ton pick up in my eyes.

The Exterior is perfect except for I really don't like the front end, but the rest of the truck makes up for that with Extremely Smooth Lines all the way down the Ram.

In my opinion Ram created a Awesome Truck in 2014! I am Proud to be a Ram Owner. This is my First and Probably my Last New Truck. I know I made the right Choice!

This Ram will never get abused and will receive the best care possible. She will be garage kept and receive Top Brand Oils and Filters as well as Top Tier Fuel and Fuel Additives. I'm sure She will drive me all the way into Retirement and Beyond!

Thank You Ram!

The only mods left I really would like to do are!
1. Muffler Delete-->Keeping Cats and Resonators
2. Amsoil Air Filter
3. Replace all Factory Speakers
4. Weather Tech Mud Flaps

Last edited:

BigAlH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'm on my 4th Ram. Our last truck was a 2004 3500 dually CTD. We sold our 5th wheel (kids grown, weren't using it) and I was getting sick of driving a dually every day. Just too dang wide. :) We still have horses so I needed to tow. Was tired of diesel so when I saw the 6.4L was available, I decided on the spot I wanted that. :)

Took a bit of search around the Sacramento area but found that the dealer close to me (Roseville) had a couple in stock - and one had everything I wanted.

I love the 2014 2500 6.4L!!

-al

WarrenRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
I had a CDI from Chrysler so I was in the market for a new vehicle in early 2013. Originally thought we'd get a minivan to replace the previous minivan but when I realized I could get a Ram, plus it had 0% APR, it became a very simple choice. All I required was the hemi and the 8.4 u-connect. Happened to be on a black 13 QC big horn, so that's why I have what I have.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got my ram in 2012 because I wanted to.

Traded in my 06 dodge charger rt. I miss that car so much. I'm gonna end up buying one as my project car one day.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Ive wanted a reg cab cummins for awhile now
I wanted a 6 spd as well as power locks and windows
Just like the way they look I guess
The credit union I did my financing through required the vehicle to have less then 100k miles
Found one relatively local under blue book

preachp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi All,

Wife had an 07 Canyon with 5 speed manual (piece of junk truck). She has bad hip problems and was having a lot of trouble with the clutch. Looked at a bunch of trucks (she wanted a pick-up, I wanted 4WD). Found a 13 1500 Tradesman 5.7 4X4 with LSD skid plates tow hooks power windows, remote door locks, heavy duty engine and trans cooling, cloth seats, cruise air 4 wheel disks, black on white. $26700. Brought it home. Wife had trouble getting in and out because of the height so added 4" black nerf bars, needed covered storage added Jerico Hi-Rize cap, Bought her a 2014 Avenger and the truck became mine (since I traded my 2003 Sebring LXI keeper in on her Avenger, man I liked that car!). So now I have the Bumble Beast. I have the stripe smoked headlights and smoked LED tail lights to put on and have absolutely no regrets with this truck. It is awesome! I have added the above mentioned things and also BFG Rugged Terrain T/A tires (stock size, they just look right on the truck) and Ultra Barons 17X9 Rims.

Would I trade it....not a chance.

preachp

Last edited:

BennyHanna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
My company pays me a vehicle allowance as long as my truck meets certain requirements (it docks points for how old and how many miles). My 2011 F150 with 80k on the clock was fast approaching the limit so I started looking at trucks. I have always driven Fords, Grandpa had Chevy's on his farm so I had plenty of opportunities to really come to dislike GM products. So I narrowed it down to Ford and Ram. I wanted a diesel this time around, because... well.... why not? I wanted to get back into a 3/4 ton since my little F150 got abused on rig roads. Went in to look at a 2500 CTD with the black appearance package, noticed a couple scratches on it. Decided that I was tired of seeing black trucks with blacked out lights literally everywhere anyway. Saw mine on the lot and loved the color. Incentives were good, I got friends and family pricing or whatever its called from my employer (below invoice + incentives) plus it was about 3 grand cheaper than a comparably equipped F250 with their incentives and x-plan pricing.

So thats how I got my 3500 SLT CTD.