Why the hate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boblonben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just bought a 2016 ram and I love it. My dad owned won and I loved it too. But ever since I bought it 3 days ago all the guys at work have been giving me **** about it. Why do people have such a negative opinion of them?
people are just that way. Way back in the 60's and 70's if you drove a Dodge, everyone bet at you. Jealousy I think, most of the time is was the Dodge's whop pulled the other out of the mud, the streams, the fields. Help guys go get their trucks from the shop because XYZ had broken, etc. And the Dodge plugged along, maybe not the best styling, but the best engineering and builds. Over the years have owned 84 vehicles in many part s of the world. Can say by manufacture that Fords broke down the most, followed by GM products, then VW (piece o' crap), then Fiat, then BMW, then Dodge/Plymouth. The least troublesome were Datsun/Nissan products, then Mitsubishi. Owned one Toyota and no Honda, don't list them a sample of one or none isn't valid.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
“Ford 5.0, Chevy 5.3, Ram 5.7. I need a larger engine to complement my larger ****.” Tell them that. For brownie points, actually pull your shaft out. That’ll show em’!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome advice ROFLMFAO

Blue Mule

Ram1958

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For many years a Dodge(Ram) was always cheaper to purchase(but not quality)People associated sticker price with cheap. My opinion is Year for Year dodge was better looking and higher quality interior. Current ford and gm/chev's require high trim for a quality interior. I for one will never ever but another F150 EVER.

TomB 1269

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They are all jealous........The only one to shake a stick at the Ram 1500 for power is Ford and they have to do it thru artificial means. Who else has a natural aspirated pick that at 6000 lbs and all stock can pull 93 MPH at 15.063 seconds in a 1/4 miles.......... Boost is great. The Ford 3.5 Eco is a power plant. But just think what you'd have if you boosted a 5.7 Hemi.......
I had a Ford and stumbled in to a Ram...............And I love my Ram, I have not had a car or truck with this much "Fun" Power in a long time, and those cars were old when I got them not brand new.
To me this is what Dodge used to be about (or what my dad's Dodge / Chrysler). Fun, and performance that the average person could afford. To get a powerful performing truck from Chevy or Ford you have to spend a lot more and get a special trim package to get what Rams providing for a reasonable price.

Hemimania

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just bought a 2016 ram and I love it. My dad owned won and I loved it too. But ever since I bought it 3 days ago all the guys at work have been giving me **** about it. Why do people have such a negative opinion of them?
In the immortal words of Dave Chappelle on the Chappelle Show, "cause *** em. That's why".

I have a 2015 and love it.

Tonino

bobeast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 2017
Engine
Hemi 6.4, 5.7
If you can't Dodge it, Ram it. Dodge had a bad rep a while back because they had some crappy transmissions. Bad news never dies regardless of its age. Modern Rams are at least the equal of the other big offerings and in terms of interior and comfort <opinion> far superior </opinion>.

sirguynate503

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I get the same thing all the time, something to the effect of, “Let me give you my number for when you need a tow.” Usually Ford owners.

I just tell them “take a number” or “get in line.”

Ramjack69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 SLT Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 liter HEMI
What are those people driving?
Minivans?
Sounds like sour grapes to me.
You have to drive it, if you like it screw them!!!!

OP
OP
S

Slatecreek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can’t believe the overwhelming response to my first post on this forum. I can already tell I’m going to enjoy using this site. I posted pics of the two headlights I’m trying to decide on in the gen 4 exterior page if you guys could take a look and give me any opinion or advice I would appreciate it. I would like to order them tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSloan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/ eTorque
Their hate may be based on outdated information or could just be going with what they're buddies think is cool.

Dodge/Chrysler went through periods of problems and for awhile did have the lowest reliability of the big 3. During the 90s and early 2000s, I worked in auto parts and also as a mechanic, during which time the most common problems I saw were fuel system failures and lots of random electrical issues. However, by the time they separated the trucks out from Dodge & into their own Ram brand, they seemed to have worked out most of those issues to the point I feel like they are easily as reliable as Ford...and I was a Ford guy for 30 years, but now am a proud Ram owner.

GM on the other hand, has been at the bottom for reliability for the last couple decades. It was no coincidence that I got more GM vehicles in my shop than anything...and plenty of those issues were clearly design flaws that the dealerships would claim nothing was wrong. As a result, you couldn't run fast enough to give me a Chevy truck!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Guys bust each other's balls. It's what guys do. If you're a fun target, you get your balls busted more.

Tell them you bought a Ram because it had the payload to Uber their mom home from the buffets and the money was too good to pass up.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Yo Momma a BIG woman, 'bout fo hunnit & fitty pounds. She step up into my Chevy & it toint over on her big ass. She say boy, go git me a RAM!

Thank you Richard Pryor for Mudbone!

Lee DeTro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was raised with the mantra of Mopar Or No Car. I've owned other brands Toyota, Datsun/Nissan, but I prefer Mopar, '70 D100 slant six, grany box 3:91 posi, '77 B200 360 125,000+, '98 Dakota Club Cab 5.2 5spd special ordered 84,000, '02 Dakota Quad cab 4.7 5spd special ordered wrecked at 252,500 miles now a 2010 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi bought Aug of 2017 with 94,000 miles now has 149,000+ miles. All of the manufacturer's have problems. I also own a 2003 PT Cruiser GT 2.4 Turbo 5spd had many people tell me their junk including Mopar people bought with 100,100 miles drove as a daily driver for 4 years now has 149,800 miles runs great a lot of fun to drive. So I believe if you take care of your vehicles and like them :)