Why the hate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
They mainly say like ugh why a dodge? You should have bought a ford or anything besides a dodge
Well, see, there you go. Shows how much they know. Just tell them you don’t have a dodge.
(Let’s see how many people this triggers...)

tdonjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just bought a 2016 ram and I love it. My dad owned won and I loved it too. But ever since I bought it 3 days ago all the guys at work have been giving me **** about it. Why do people have such a negative opinion of them?

Tell them when they pay for your truck, you will drive whatever they want you to.

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Bought my first Ram, well “Dodge” Ram 1500 then, new in 03. Co-worker bought a new F150 just a couple weeks earlier. Asked why on earth did I buy a Dodge? He had the low end trim level F150 for the day. I had the SLT w/Leather seats, chrome wheels, raised white letter tires, full length chrome nerf bars, class III receiver hitch, fog lights and more and I paid 5K less than he did. His next truck, he traded for a Ram. He didn’t even look at anything else.

TheDude266

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic
Engine
Pentastar V6
Total honesty here. This is my first truck ever and love it. Love the Ram but driving a truck just fits my over-sized body well.
I like the GMC but can't buy one due to the way they treated our Oshawa auto-workers the past year and a bit.
Ford I like but one thing about the F150 that I don't get is the front window cut-outs. Did they run out of metal to bring up and cover the driver?
Also, Rams have to be tougher than a "Sierra" or a "Silverado" and definitely has to out-do an F150 whatever the heck that is ;-)

Cheers

Nutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The same reason why we all say :

oh it's just a Ford which is a F$%k'd Over Rebuilt Dodge or why a Chevy? On a quiet night you can hear the Chevy rust, e.t.c

just nature of the beast

BeachWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Owned them all; Chevy, Ford, Dodge and Toyota. Had issues with them all truth be told. I prefer the styling of my Ram Power Wagon and its off road capability for the beach. It comes down to what a person wants.

Fergusontd

FTD
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a '01 1500 SLT, loved it for 16 years. Bought a '17 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4x4. My cash, my want, my business.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

geotex1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Depends where you are. i'm in the mountains and true to the symbolic Ram, there are more RAM trucks here than Fords and GMs combined! Also depends on the clique or community you associate with. i mean, for example, I'm an avid camper and have a large 5th wheel. My 4th Gen Cummins/AISIN/4.10/crew-long is legendary, if you will, and coveted in this community...

What do you kids say? Haters gonna hate... Back in my day, it was sticks and stones... Either way, same advice - words will never hurt me...

Walter Mc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had a guy with a 2015 Chevrolet Suburban ask me why I bought a Dodge. When I reminded him that he's already had 2 transmission put in the Chev Sub he shut up. Back years ago people did have some issues with Dodge trannys, but they're good now. I had a 1998 Durango that when I traded it for my new one in 2014 it had 348,000 miles, with no tranny issues. My mechanic says that Dodge has the best transmission out there and he drives a 4x4 Toyota Tundra. When my Ford truck friends asked me why I bought a Dodge truck, I simply say "Because you can't argue with 348,000 miles. Whatever you buy, you will have friends that attack it. Just either ignore them or get new friends. Don't get angry, just prove to them how much better Dodge is than the other brands.

tbird71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
SOKY, your Ram looks better than ANY of the competition. I drive mine because it looks good, rides nice, and has the HEMI. I dont need to justify my choice to ANYONE