Decided to add a Foxbox 10" Vented Enclosure need sub opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dont have any vent noise at full throw on these subs. The port is huge and flared so no noise unless im in the 25ish hz range. Anything in the mid 30's and up its clean. I cant speak for the back wall though, that bad boy makes some noise!
I really wish I could hear one of them in person before buying.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you were in Tampa Id let you. Even the Type S on my RF 1200.1 amp will get silly. I can feel the hair on my body moving on most songs. I know its overkill, but at 70mph on the highway with the windows down its just perfect to keep up with my Morel components up front.

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll have to check and see if it's deep enough for a jl w6

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like it will be about a 1/4 inch too tall. A 3/4 mdf adapter will fix that. It looks like the magnet might be too big though on the 12. Even the 10 had a bit too large of a magnet to fit those boxes because they taper down to fit the well. Do you already have the w6?

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll have to check and see if it's deep enough for a jl w6

Depth-wise, the Net Audio Tall box fit my 12W6V3. The box requires the seat spacers. This is on the passenger side though. Just something for you to use as a comparison. Maybe compare the specs vs the Fox to see if they are similar?

1663DCB0-5197-4F5F-9A47-111B032AD7DC.jpeg

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Depth-wise, the Net Audio Tall box fit my 12W6V3. The box requires the seat spacers. This is on the passenger side though. Just something for you to use as a comparison. Maybe compare the specs vs the Fox to see if they are similar?

View attachment 130643
How much did that box cost you? And how does it sound?

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like it will be about a 1/4 inch too tall. A 3/4 mdf adapter will fix that. It looks like the magnet might be too big though on the 12. Even the 10 had a bit too large of a magnet to fit those boxes because they taper down to fit the well. Do you already have the w6?
Yeah. And I love it.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How much did that box cost you? And how does it sound?

It sounds awesome! It’s fast and reaches low with authority. I’m not a bass head (more kick drum rock and roll) but my brother is a club DJ and played some of his mixes and he was seriously impressed for a single sub. Of course he wants to run two in his truck. LOL

Here’s a link to the site. They have quite a few different box options and are very happy to talk to you about what you want. Just to be sure it will work.
https://www.netaudiowf.com/store/product-category/dodge-ram-2/2013-up-dodge-ram/

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah. And I love it.

Cant blame you there, JL makes a mean subwoofer. If you were close to me Id pull my subwoofer out to see if it will clear. I know Fox rate the box a tad smaller for variations of speakers.

countrygunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got two 12” sundown SA-12 subs in a dual 12 fox box vented. It’s really loud for an under the seat box. It does pretty much everything I wanted it to do for less than $300 shipped. I wouldn’t have like less.

The sundown subs are some of the best on the market for the money and still have pretty good sound quality.

appzattak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Fot the same, highly recommend.
Got two 12” sundown SA-12 subs in a dual 12 fox box vented. It’s really loud for an under the seat box. It does pretty much everything I wanted it to do for less than $300 shipped. I wouldn’t have like less.

The sundown subs are some of the best on the market for the money and still have pretty good sound quality.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I really wanted to try sundown but have never heard them in person. Instead I took bad advice and bought Alpine Type S 12’s. When I was close to buying P3’s which I know are sledge hammers of bass.

I might take these Type S’s after I get my DSP in and make a TL for my church with them and get the subs I wanted.

Chief_6.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I really wanted to try sundown but have never heard them in person. Instead I took bad advice and bought Alpine Type S 12’s. When I was close to buying P3’s which I know are sledge hammers of bass.

I might take these Type S’s after I get my DSP in and make a TL for my church with them and get the subs I wanted.
You can’t go wrong with the type Rs these are just bad ass subs if you ask me and mines just a single 10” but it sounds awesome. Plenty bass and if I don’t want so much bass I mounted a bass knob from the amp just in arms reach for different types of music.

Chief_6.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I really wish I could hear one of them in person before buying.

Well I’m 6 hours away from you in El Paso....... if your passing by or visiting I’ll be glad to let you here my single 10” type R. This is all I need the sound is incredible.

OP
OP
Mbrigh3

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The sub, amp and 4 gauge wiring kit arrived today. The Foxbox is still pending ( I hear they take a while to ship) and I just ordered the Lc2I w/controller. Those two items will arrive Thursday 732f673ef4c89eddd2dd45897e1297d4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

ivey_usmc

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Cant wait to see the finished product. Im running 2 10in jl w3's and they pound! Eager to see what you think on the alpine.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cant go wrong with that box. Now that you have purchased you will never hear from them again. In a few days you will get a tracking number, but you can email, call, text, carrier pigeon, smoke signal, Morse code, all you want, they will not respond.

Only down side is assembling the box. It says you dont need silicone, go buy silicone. Also there is not template you have to figure it out to make it fit and screw together. I used a few inches of double sided tape. I set the bucket with the tape on the edges, the dropped the box overtop to tape together, from there got silly with the screws.

Ive been trying to contact them after the sale since I got the box only to ask what the recessed cutout around the sub are for and if there is a bar style grill that fits them. Not to complain, not to whine, just ask.

OP
OP
Mbrigh3

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cant go wrong with that box. Now that you have purchased you will never hear from them again. In a few days you will get a tracking number, but you can email, call, text, carrier pigeon, smoke signal, Morse code, all you want, they will not respond.

Only down side is assembling the box. It says you dont need silicone, go buy silicone. Also there is not template you have to figure it out to make it fit and screw together. I used a few inches of double sided tape. I set the bucket with the tape on the edges, the dropped the box overtop to tape together, from there got silly with the screws.

Ive been trying to contact them after the sale since I got the box only to ask what the recessed cutout around the sub are for and if there is a bar style grill that fits them. Not to complain, not to whine, just ask.
Lol as long as it's a good box I'll be happy. Not even smoke signals? Tho? [emoji23]

OP
OP
Mbrigh3

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cant wait to see the finished product. Im running 2 10in jl w3's and they pound! Eager to see what you think on the alpine.
Yea W3 was out of my budget lol. I also wanted to keep it on the drivers side to save the majority of the fold flat floor. I think itll all come out real nice. But I have a feeling the box isn't gonna arrive anytime soon lol only downside