2021 75th Anniversary PW Ordered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B Mitty

B Mitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
6.4L
Okay, we're back on for the dance. Ram is honoring the originally negotiated price (based upon the $5,920 not the $11,715). The long of the short of it is that if the truck order has your name on it and you're the one actually buying it (name on title) then they will honor the price. But if it were ordered early by the dealer for stock and you were to subsequently buy it then it would be at the current pricing.

I fly Saturday...

Welcome back Overlander. I called them and yelled at them for 10 mins. I’m happy they listened, I didn’t wanna have to drive all the way down there.

OP
OP
B Mitty

B Mitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
6.4L
LoL can you imagine if I did that. And you had no idea flying down to pick up your truck.LOL. They would be acting all awkward and you would have no idea why lolol

David Mc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Newbie Member checking in. I’ve enjoyed reading through the forum, a lot of great information. I’m in the market for a 2021 PW, loving the 75th Edition. I have a color question. In many promo pictures of the truck, like B Mitty’s Profile picture, I can’t seem to match that color to the RAM website. Anyone know the color? Also loving the Olive Green, saw one on a dealer lot at it was amazing with the brown seats. Thanks!

Overlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 75th Aniv Build #0006
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I believe it's Anvil Grey and isn't available for order for another few months. Or perhaps its only available on the dealer's order form? I see that a few here have ordered.

David Mc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe it's Anvil Grey and isn't available for order for another few months. Or perhaps its only available on the dealer's order form? I see that a few here have ordered.
Thank you! Appreciate the information. I will check into the color option with dealer. Curious what Anvil Grey will actually look like in person.

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
You’ll find the anvil grey if you look up the 1500 Built to Serve units. Here is a pic of one ... in Anvil

40594B4B-9ECF-453E-840B-93C265239F95.jpeg

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I’ve been working my dealer for two weeks trying to order an Anvil. They keep calling and not told anything much other than to wait. So I’m waiting ... if I knew the actual orange color, which is still in question, I might consider switching but I think it’s in the same status as the anvil.

Robert fletcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve been working my dealer for two weeks trying to order an Anvil. They keep calling and not told anything much other than to wait. So I’m waiting ... if I knew the actual orange color, which is still in question, I might consider switching but I think it’s in the same status as the anvil.
The orange in the spy photos is go mango for sure. And the only orange you can order on a 75th anniversary edition right now. (Would not surprise me if you can't order go mango right now...just like anvil

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Just got back from my dealer and he said he’s been on the phone with the Canadian FCA head office in Ontario about the Anvil and Go Mango. He’s been told that those two colors are “late available colors” and day to day on when they can be ordered. He was told the Ontario factor has been closed due to covid in December, and the FCA vehicles from that plant are being fit into the US factory schedules. So all the factories are slammed right now with retooling and rescheduling but runs of the normal colors for PWs are on the schedule so they are slowed down a bit but not on hold.

So I can’t order yet, I’ll wait. Could be days, I’m thinking weeks.

Overlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well, AFAIK the HDs are only being made in Saltillo so not sure how an Ontario shutdown would affect things. Or is it an issue with subassemblies/parts?

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Well, AFAIK the HDs are only being made in Saltillo so not sure how an Ontario shutdown would affect things. Or is it an issue with subassemblies/parts?

great question. There are three plants in Ontario. All shut down, one is casting parts, the other two are assembly plants. I was told 2 models of Jeeps we’re relocated for assembly to assembly plants in the states. He didn’t give me details, and this came from a phone call with FCA. When I search info on the Ontario plants, there is no Jeep listed being assembled. So who knows ... could be just the one casting plant that is screwing up things for many other plants.

OP
OP
B Mitty

B Mitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
6.4L

Overlander did you get your truck!

OP
OP
B Mitty

B Mitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
6.4L
Very exciting, what colour/factory specs did you do

Overlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
All paperwork is in place, already went through the whole F&I sell on a call. All that's left is a walk-around and to pick up the keys! Hopefully it will be a very short time at the dealer as I have a six hour drive back to the homestead.

Does anyone have a checklist for specific PW accessories to check for in the cabin? I know to look for the winch stuff (controller, hook, sleeve). What else should I check for?

Also, I intend to disable mds for the break-in trip and to vary rpm and speed. Any other solid strategies for a good break-in? It's a 306 mile trip, all on two-lane highway with rolling hills (no major range to cross). The hills alone should provide variation in rpm and cylinder pressures. I'll leave the cruise off for most of the trip so that my foot can play goalie on power demands.

Then wheels/tires go on Monday!

I leave the house at 3am for a 5am flight...

tenor.png

Last edited:

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All paperwork is in place, already went through the whole F&I sell on a call. All that's left is a walk-around and to pick up the keys! Hopefully it will be a very short time at the dealer as I have a six hour drive back to the homestead.

Does anyone have a checklist for specific PW accessories to check for in the cabin? I know to look for the winch stuff (controller, hook, sleeve). What else should I check for?

Also, I intend to disable mds for the break-in trip and to vary rpm and speed. Any other solid strategies for a good break-in? It's a 306 mile trip, all on two-lane highway with rolling hills (no major range to cross). The hills alone should provide variation in rpm and cylinder pressures. I'll leave the cruise off for most of the trip so that my foot can play goalie on power demands.

Then wheels/tires go on Monday!

I leave the house at 3am for a 5am flight...

tenor.png

Dont forget to check for the 2” hitch sleeve.