2021 75th Anniversary PW Ordered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Overlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 75th Aniv Build #0006
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I would probably take one of two paths...

a) go with new wheels
b) rattle can / plastidip

To do a proper powder coat job you're going to be $100/ring. At that price I'd just go with new wheels that have a better offset. But that's just my opinion. If you really want the A75 package wheels then yes, media blast and powder coat would be your best bet for durability. Keep in mind that the rings sit proud of the rim and will get trail damage. $400 to get a great powder job only to have them barked up seems like a waste. YMMV.

OP
OP
B Mitty

B Mitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
6.4L
Had a Super Duty owner checking out the truck at a gas station.....He loved the truck, and asked it they were real bead-lock capable wheels. He then asked if I had the rings painted to silver, because he thought it broke up the monotone look and liked it! I said no, and from his perspective, he thought Ram did right by not another all black wheel (like the Trailboss, Tremor, etc.) Go figure....

Yea I’m not minding the silver on the black mono tone, was not liking it on the other colours. I bet it looks best on a silver. We will have to wait till someone posts a 75th silver to judge!

OP
OP
B Mitty

B Mitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
6.4L
I would probably take one of two paths...

a) go with new wheels
b) rattle can / plastidip

To do a proper powder coat job you're going to be $100/ring. At that price I'd just go with new wheels that have a better offset. But that's just my opinion. If you really want the A75 package wheels then yes, media blast and powder coat would be your best bet for durability. Keep in mind that the rings sit proud of the rim and will get trail damage. $400 to get a great powder job only to have them barked up seems like a waste. YMMV.

Good info, thanks!

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea, I wouldnt mess with plasti-dip, but just a typical spray paint instead. Would hold up a little better, and lets face it, it would be simple to remove a ring and touch it up when it is needed.

I would not be surprised if Ram offers optional color rings down the road...beadlock style or simulation style. But, would still have to cost way more than just painting the originals.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.
Scuff up the rings with a 200 grit sandpaper so the Krylon grabs a hold a little better.

Spray a few layers of clearcoat after the paint has dried to help the paint from chipping* ("help" used loosely).

*Disclaimer - it will still chip

OP
OP
B Mitty

B Mitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
6.4L
Yea that looks awesome, as silver.

I think that’s the move honestly. If you match paint colour to rim, it’s gonna look awesome.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
A very overlooked color combination for a black car is bronze. I just went through this on my car, and ended up with bronze wheels. Love the combination.

View attachment 234525
Bronze and black looks ****. I did my stock evo wheels in bronze plastic dip and loved the look.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.
A very overlooked color combination for a black car is bronze. I just went through this on my car, and ended up with bronze wheels. Love the combination.

View attachment 234525

Yeah I've kicked around the idea of going with a bronze wheel for my truck but the gray PW stickers would look off... I could of course remove them or even get them redone in a matching bronze...

Hmmmm......

OP
OP
B Mitty

B Mitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
6.4L
Been in stage D1 gateline schedule for a week.

Hopefully built by end of next week. Ordering a truck is torture.

Sheikyerbootie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I couldn’t wait for an ordered truck. I pulled the trigger this week and bought the only 75th AE within 125 miles of my house. Had to drive 100 miles to buy it but I do love it. Only bad thing so far is not having the technology package with adaptive raise control and added camera functions. Got build # 0039 Wonder how many they plan on building?

Sheikyerbootie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I couldn’t wait for an ordered truck. I pulled the trigger this week and bought the only 75th AE within 125 miles of my house. Had to drive 100 miles to buy it but I do love it. Only bad thing so far is not having the technology package with adaptive raise control and added camera functions. Got build # 0039 Wonder how many they plan on building?

Scotts26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice! We are going to need some pics of the new ride!

Robert fletcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Congrats! According to guy in California they will build up to 7500 of them ....you got and early one...last digits of your vin 035? Mine is still in d1 status but est ship date is still January 29th