A little help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skull1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Normal driving home and the service light comes on. Scanner tool says codes
P2006 and P2016. Bank 1 actuator. Could be stuck closed, some low electric power, etc.... Has anyone had this happen and can I fix it on my own? I own the truck out right and dropped 4k to fix the valve train last year. Thank god the cam was fine. I just don't want it to start falling apart on me. Also if anyone has a good extended warranty, that covers diagnostic, teardown, parts and such could you please share. Some I've looked into do not cover this or that. Looking for a complete solution. Thanks.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Not sure about the issue but any warranty you get will be non-factory so be careful. They are notorious for exclusions and weaseling out of things. On a nine year old truck I can't imagine any warranty you can find will be worth it as the cost, deductible and exclusions will all be steep.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
How old is battery? Number one cause of stuff when it hits cold, in that 4k did you get a new top battery?

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
We certainly understand why this may be concerning. We kindly recommend having your dealer inspect this concern for you as they are in the best position to assist. If you do work with your dealer, we would be more than happy to provide you with additional support via private messages.

Callie
Ram Cares