Adding back up cam app to 8.4 uaq

CLowell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If anyone that does not have the back up camera icon in there apps on your 8.4 uaq this may help. It all started when I installed the Mopar OEM back up camera on my2016 Ram 2500 SLT with the RA2 radio.I performed the install per instructions, took it to the dealer to have the back up camera sales code applied (sorry can’t remember the code). Then a year later decided to upgrade to the 8.4 uaq and single zone ATC with the help of @Mpgrimm2 and Alphaobd. Everything went smoothly. After some time I noticed not having the back up camera icon in my apps to turn on manually when at low speed or any other time it would only come on when the truck was put in reverse. I checked all the normal Alphaobd settings to ensure everything was enabled that should be and still no icon. So I started looking and found this in alpha.
Also figured out the CSM options and radio & connectivity options were only available in MY2016-17 and NOT in MY 2013-17 so if you can’t find it you may have to search in other options that pertain to your year other than the one your into enable.

hope this helps

1CA41828-0B74-4620-BCA6-177BA2CA9C0C.jpeg

0D135579-3B82-4532-B0FE-302FFF3945E6.jpeg

DBBBB874-71E4-46B3-8129-4283400CCEE5.jpeg

3F6E190D-8047-4F97-A40E-8C179CD04EED.jpeg

PdPuNOme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am dealing with this same issue on a 2015 and been posting in another thread. I have everything set properly, but was missing this trailer hitch setting which was in my2015, turned it on and still no change. Trying everything here as I had the icon app when I had the ra4 8.4 nav but now with the UAQ it is not appearing.

jhiggins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I'm investigating this problem and a related similar problem. I have a 2014 2500 that I just upgraded with the UAQ radio. I bought the radio new from Mopar (68331631AM). The radio I replaced in the truck was the factory 8.4" uconnect (68224531AH). I also cannot get the icon for the backup camera to display. When connecting in AlphaOBD, I don't have the option to connect to the MY2016-2017 Body Computer. It doesn't matter which option I try to select, it will only find the MY2014+ Body Computer so I don't ever get the option to see the "Radio & Connectivity: Trailer Hitch Camera Present" option. The only camera related options I have available in Alpha are these:
IMG_4395.jpg
I have all the relevant options selected as YES.

Possibly related to this issue is I no longer have the icons to switch between the tailgate camera and the cargo view camera. I had these icons available with the old radio so I could switch between the cameras either when reverse had triggered pulling up the video screen or I had manually pulled up the video screen by selecting the Cargo Cam icon from the apps list. When in reverse, I can't exit out of the tailgate camera and since I don't have the icon to switch to the cargo camera, this means I can't access the cargo camera when in reverse hitching up to a 5th wheel. Is my problem that the BCM is just too old to interface properly with the newer radio?

Athlium

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
I'm investigating this problem and a related similar problem. I have a 2014 2500 that I just upgraded with the UAQ radio. I bought the radio new from Mopar (68331631AM). The radio I replaced in the truck was the factory 8.4" uconnect (68224531AH). I also cannot get the icon for the backup camera to display. When connecting in AlphaOBD, I don't have the option to connect to the MY2016-2017 Body Computer. It doesn't matter which option I try to select, it will only find the MY2014+ Body Computer so I don't ever get the option to see the "Radio & Connectivity: Trailer Hitch Camera Present" option. The only camera related options I have available in Alpha are these:
View attachment 485551
I have all the relevant options selected as YES.

Possibly related to this issue is I no longer have the icons to switch between the tailgate camera and the cargo view camera. I had these icons available with the old radio so I could switch between the cameras either when reverse had triggered pulling up the video screen or I had manually pulled up the video screen by selecting the Cargo Cam icon from the apps list. When in reverse, I can't exit out of the tailgate camera and since I don't have the icon to switch to the cargo camera, this means I can't access the cargo camera when in reverse hitching up to a 5th wheel. Is my problem that the BCM is just too old to interface properly with the newer radio?
according to here... it isn't available until 2016+

jhiggins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
This question may be answered elsewhere on the forum, but I've searched for a while and can't find the answer. Is there a way to update the BCM so that some of the newer options are available? If there is a way to flash an update, that would be great, but I haven't found any information on how to do that on the internet. The other option would be replacing the BCM with one from a later model year. Has anyone done this?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie QC (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L eTorque
This question may be answered elsewhere on the forum, but I've searched for a while and can't find the answer. Is there a way to update the BCM so that some of the newer options are available? If there is a way to flash an update, that would be great, but I haven't found any information on how to do that on the internet. The other option would be replacing the BCM with one from a later model year. Has anyone done this?
... @Jimmy07

Gordo2212

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 L Hemi
Does it take a little bit for it to show up? I switched this feature on this afternoon when I installed my power fold tow mirrors and looked shortly after and saw nothing on my radio. Is it just UAQ? I have a UAS unit.