Aftermarket Bolt on Skid plates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willischen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Greetings,
I recently went off roading in my ram 1500 in some rated trails and my truck was not ready for it physically. Power, traction and maneuverability was there, but the clearance and protection were not. I was, for all intents and purposes, using the stock tube style running boards as rocker guards, which consequently, bent the running boards. So i replaced them with 'rocker guards' from Lund which are still bolted to the rocker panel. Not the best protection, but it will do for now as these have removable steps. I want to at least protect the underbelly of the truck and would love some input on what y'all may have done to protect it from off road environments. I would love to lift the truck 2.5" more than my level I have now, but no more than that. I am a short guy and I would prefer not to base jump out of my truck every time I want to get out.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There's OEM skid plates available, not sure about any aftermarket ones...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denning