AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gapi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Well, maybe its "Program Customer Features"? Its in the first page after selecting control unit My2013 PowerNet/Active Diagnostics/Select Procedure To Start/ 13 from the bottom.
Id this our CSM?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Question, when I try to enable my trailer brake in alfa obd the "CustSetMenu - Trailer Selected CSM"
"CustSetMenu - Trailer Name" and "CustSetMenu - Trailer Type" when enabling i get an error message that says "The option is not supported by the body computer modification"

Any idea why?
Which version of alfa are you using Windows or Android?
Have you been able to successfully make any other changes?
What software version of alfa are you currently running?
What year is your truck?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

gapi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Android 2.1.6.8, The truck is a 2018 Sport, but we also have a Charger. I see the CSM for the truck, just wondering if there is the same type of setting in the Charger pages but named differently.

I may be trying to get to the bottom of something where there is no bottom. Sorry.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Question, when I try to enable my trailer brake in alfa obd the "CustSetMenu - Trailer Selected CSM"
"CustSetMenu - Trailer Name" and "CustSetMenu - Trailer Type" when enabling i get an error message that says "The option is not supported by the body computer modification"

Any idea why?
Please provide the additional info that @Ricks Ram requested and if you have some time I will try to set these later today or tomorrow to see if they're working on mine. The settings @Mpgrimm2 posted were working in previous versions.

Scar1331

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Scar1331 This is a link to an old thread.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/supporting-member-bonus.22654/

6 months ago I clicked on the payments part of the link and took me right to Paypal and I made my supporting member donation that way. Next thing I knew I had a "Supporting Member" blue banner under my screen name!
I might be incorrect but I think the free decal promotion might be over as I never received any contact for it ?

You are absolutely correct, this is the most helpful place ever, welcome aboard!!!

Paid thank you sir

slag009

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got the same message when I tried to add the tilt in reverse. I'm running version 2.1.6.8 and it's a 2013 1500 Express.

gapi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I got the same message when I tried to add the tilt in reverse. I'm running version 2.1.6.8

Same here for a 2013 Charger, door modules for the doner car the memory/tilt were removed from are the same as the modules we have in the charger.

RipTheDuke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
For all of the apple people out there the Amazon fire tablet 7 is on sale for 39.99.

I purchased one and followed this link posted in the blog

Added google play store to the tablet and was able to purchase AlfaOBD (Android version) no problem.

So far I have been able to change TPMS and wheel size settings, power tilt mirrors on reverse, global window down.

Hope the info is helpful.

I would like to know if anyone has figured out how to disable the chime notifying you that the key fob has left the vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justin peck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l
Which version of alfa are you using Windows or Android?
Have you been able to successfully make any other changes?
What software version of alfa are you currently running?
What year is your truck?

Android
I havent tried any other changes yet, this was/is my first one and I can not get it to work so I am hesitant to try any others at this time.
The software version is 2.1.6.8

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Android
I havent tried any other changes yet, this was/is my first one and I can not get it to work so I am hesitant to try any others at this time.

What year is your truck?

justin peck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l
Android

2013 ram 2500

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I haven't seen anyone have these issues. Did you purchase the full version for $49$. Are you sure you are connected to the truck? Were you able to enable any of the codes or did they all say the same thing? Did you actually install the trailer brake module? What type of OBD connector are you using? Sorry for all the questions but they are needed to try to help you. Please try to answer them all. It may help one of us to assist you. I have never seen a 2500 that didn't already have the trailer brake from the factory.

Last edited:

justin peck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l
I haven't seen anyone have these issues. Did you purchase the full version for $49$. Are you sure you are connected to the truck? Were you able to enable any of the codes or did they all say the same thing? Did you actually install the trailer brake module? What type of OBD connector are you using? Sorry for all the questions but they are needed to try to help you. Please try to answer them all. It may help one of us to assist you. I have never seen a 2500 that didn't already have the trailer brake from the factory.

I am using the scan tool mx bluetooth obd, with the full 49$ alfa program on an android device. I am connected to the truck, and yes the trailer brake module is installed. Of the 4 steps to enable the trailer brake module the first three do not work.
as far as the trailer brake on the 2500, I have seen a couple but i don't know why they would do that.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am using the scan tool mx bluetooth obd, with the full 49$ alfa program on an android device. I am connected to the truck, and yes the trailer brake module is installed. Of the 4 steps to enable the trailer brake module the first three do not work.
as far as the trailer brake on the 2500, I have seen a couple but i don't know why they would do that.

Ok it sounds like everything you have is correct so I think we can rule that out. I would try the tool on a simple code like maybe the (Global Window Down) feature just to see if it will work. We haven't really had any issues with the tool causing any corruption issues so you should be ok. This way we can see if the tool will work on known codes that are done all the time. I noticed there was another member who got the same message while trying to enable the (Tilt In Reverse) and his truck was also a 13. This is a code that has also been successfully done several times. The 13 trucks are the ones that seem to have the most issues when it comes to the program such as the CSM menus not being present ect. I would suggest contacting the developer and explain the issue to him and send him a debug file. There is a chance that there may be an issue with the new software version since it is displaying the same message on two completely different codes on two different trucks. He has been very helpful in the past when we have had issues.

slag009

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok it sounds like everything you have is correct so I think we can rule that out. I would try the tool on a simple code like maybe the (Global Window Down) feature just to see if it will work. We haven't really had any issues with the tool causing any corruption issues so you should be ok. This way we can see if the tool will work on known codes that are done all the time. I noticed there was another member who got the same message while trying to enable the (Tilt In Reverse) and his truck was also a 13. This is a code that has also been successfully done several times. The 13 trucks are the ones that seem to have the most issues when it comes to the program such as the CSM menus not being present ect. I would suggest contacting the developer and explain the issue to him and send him a debug file. There is a chance that there may be an issue with the new software version since it is displaying the same message on two completely different codes on two different trucks. He has been very helpful in the past when we have had issues.

I was able to set both memory mirrors to yes and it saved. Also, I've had the alfaobd software for 6 months and enabled multiple codes including the turn signals and puddles on these mirrors. Seems like the 2013's are having issues setting in the CSM. I will try to send an error log to the programmers and will let you know what the say.