AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
Guys even if it says procedure completed like within the few secs of you switching it, let your truck sleep for like 5 mins before turning it back on - just to let the body modules take the new code.

Also like previously posted, be patient and take notes - you jump the screen and bump a change a few things and you can quickly make your ram immobile.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guys even if it says procedure completed like within the few secs of you switching it, let your truck sleep for like 5 mins before turning it back on - just to let the body modules take the new code.

Also like previously posted, be patient and take notes - you jump the screen and bump a change a few things and you can quickly make your ram immobile.
You are definitely correct. The tool does not seem to cause any corruption issues that I've seen so far like the AE tool does but that being said you need to pay attention to what you're changing and if you don't know what it is don't touch it until you verify.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finally found my OBD interface, ran the AlfaODB demo and it connects fine. Purchased AlfaODB from Google Play store and will start messing with it when I get a chance.

FYI I did not see an entry for Long Term Knock Retard, but there is an entry for Short Term.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
@mjf6175 I think my post below your response might help a little. It shows the selections and confirmations. If you need more help, let me know!

Ghost Ram....hope you do not mind a couple of questions.........

1) How do you close/backout of the program when finished? In your screen shots there are four round buttons on the top right. What are they? One of them allows you to exit the program?

2) When you click on an "option" in the menu (example: DRL's) you said it will confirm your current settings in the upper right box. You then can make your selection and click NEXT. Now if your option selected is the same as the current configuration it will say START again. So if you are leaving it the same and make no change, do you then press START? And takes you back to the menu list?

3) I have a 2017 2500 Cummins (like you I believe). You had previously posted a file of the settings from your Ram. From looking at that file I would think you have the BACKUP CAMERA in your Ram from the factory but you do NOT have the CARGO CAMERA? And your Ram has the CARGO LED BED LIGHTS (back by the tailgate)? I ask because these are options I have either added or about to add to my Ram and using your file as a guide.........................thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ghost Ram....hope you do not mind a couple of questions.........

1) How to you close/backout of the program when finished? In your screen shots there are four round buttons on the top right. What are they? One of them allows you to exit the program?

I've always tapped the key icon at the bottom which brings you back to the disconnect screen then tap disconnect. Then I press the back key on the Android device to get the exit screen and tap exit. The soft buttons at the top are the preferences on the left, next is the about screen, then the tools screen where you can send debug logs, upload config info to Google Drive and so on, and the last button is the help web page.

2) When you click on an "option" in the menu (example: DRL's) you said it will confirm your current settings in the upper right box. You then can make your selection and click NEXT. Now if your option selected is the same as the current configuration it will say START again. So if you are leaving it the same and make no change, do you then press START? And takes you back to the menu list?

If you have the same setting as selected, you're right it says "start" instead of a change of "next". You can simply back out unless you want to make a change.

3) I have a 2017 2500 Cummins (like you I believe). You had previously posted a file of the settings from your Ram. From looking at that file I would think you have the BACKUP CAMERA in your Ram from the factory but you do NOT have the CARGO CAMERA? And your Ram has the CARGO LED BED LIGHTS (back by the tailgate)? I ask because these are options I have either added or about to add to my Ram and using your file as a guide.........................thanks

No, I have a 2016 Ram 1500 Express with a few upgrades. Yes, what I posted is the BCM current settings config log. I have the backup cam but no cargo cam...at least not yet. I also don't have the cargo bed lights, at least not yet. Lol I may have had the option selected back when you looked but I don't actually have them in service.
Replied inline. Don't mind the questions at all and do my best to answer.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Making this a little clearer. If you have made a selection say for DRL then click start, after clicking start it will show your current config and then have a next button if it is different then what you have selected. If it is different then click the next button to change your current setting. After clicking next you will click start to make the change. You can also click start again to see if the change was made in the upper box.

Maybe that was better?

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Making this a little clearer. If you have made a selection say for DRL then click start, after clicking start it will show your current config and then have a next button if it is different then what you have selected. If it is different then click the next button to change your current setting. After clicking next you will click start to make the change. You can also click start again to see if the change was made in the upper box.

Maybe that was better?

Yes better, you actually answered a question I was about to ask. But my original question has to do with the following:

I had previously used an AutotEnginuity to make changes to the BCM. Some of those changes I did need to be re-checked since a couple did not "take" and will check on them with the OBDLink MX. I imagine when I re-check those settings, most will be left alone and NO change will be made. So in that case the screen will say "START" instead of a change of NEXT . And then "You can simply back out" .......Here is where I need the help. How do I "backout" and/or go back to the list/menu so I can check on the next setting? Press START? Or?

My apologies for being a noob in this but your posts are EXTREMELY helpful to someone like me!

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh I understand, sorry. I’m a noob too, don’t sweat it. Lol

Say if you’re on the DRL setting, and you’ve either made your change or need to back out. Just click on the setting again and scroll through the list.
a9a21ab1a077e443fa9c142ac5ec58d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MagicMike74

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Sport R/T RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm pretty sure truck should have the express up and down feature not just the down feature. It sounds to me like your window Express systems needs to be reset. Try this: Have the window in the up position push down on the switch and hold it until the window comes all the way down and stops and then continue to hold it for around another four to five seconds then raise the window all the way back up holding the switch the whole time and when it reaches the top hold it for around for 5 seconds then turn the key off at the truck sit for a minute and turn back on and see if it reset. If that doesn't do the trick there might be something on YouTube or in the owner's manual to reset it.

I tried this procedure and it didn't work. I watched a video on you tube of the exact same procedure and it worked for him. It was a 2017 I wonder if they put a different switch in the 2018's??? Thanks for the tip though....

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tried this procedure and it didn't work. I watched a video on you tube of the exact same procedure and it worked for him. It was a 2017 I wonder if they put a different switch in the 2018's??? Thanks for the tip though....

There is a setting in Alfa for window express settings. Looked at it today. Sorry I don’t remember, we’re yours working but then quit or you never had it and want it.

I tried it this morning (mine has auto in front only) for the rear windows and it would not work. Of course because the correct switch is not present.

MagicMike74

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Sport R/T RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is a setting in Alfa for window express settings. Looked at it today. Sorry I don’t remember, we’re yours working but then quit or you never had it and want it.

I tried it this morning (mine has auto in front only) for the rear windows and it would not work. Of course because the correct switch is not present.

Never had it, but want it. I was told that it is a safety feature? The switch has the auto icon on it.....

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Never had it, but want it. I was told that it is a safety feature? The switch has the auto icon on it.....

I’m surprised yours doesn’t have it...I can’t say for sure but if the switch is correct then I would think the Alfa program should be able to do it.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am pretty sure that single cabs never got the auto up windows.

As far as the remote start RF Hub programming, check out this thread. It shows what things need to be turned on in the BCM for remote start to work. Still not sure how to get the RF hub to reset using this tool though. I will know more about it once I get my MX tomorrow.
How does one go about getting the pin# for their truck?

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/how-to-add-remote-start-to-2017-ram.99849/

Last edited:

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not really sure if it's an option that was discontinued on the 2018 trucks but if it was I haven't heard of it. I know you said your truck was a Sport if I'm not mistaken so it should be pretty well loaded. I would recommend maybe posting it in a separate thread and see if you can get any feedback from fellow 2018 owners to see if there's are acting the same as yours. They're also maybe a different reset procedure for the 2018 s that we are unaware of. Maybe Mpgrimm2 can verify how his functions since he as a 2018 Laramie.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ahh...well that would explain it then. Kinda dumb if that’s the case.

To confirm, call your dealer and give them the vin number and inquire about it.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It makes perfect sense now that you mention it. I didn't even think about the fact that his truck is a single cab. There's a very good chance that's what the difference is even though I don't understand why they wouldn't make the Auto Up feature an option on the single cab.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As far as the pin for the hub, you’d have to go to a dealer with your vin and ask for the 4 digit pin. It’s needed for hub replacement/reset.

MagicMike74

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Sport R/T RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys, I don't underdstand why regular cabs wouldn't have the feature..... I will contact the dealership about it and update ya'll.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Thanks guys, I don't understand why regular cabs wouldn't have the feature..... I will contact the dealership about it and update ya'll.

Welcome to my world. I own one of these unicorns....a 2017 2500 regular cab. Even worse is that the 2500/3500 regular cabs have more limitations than the 1500's and are available in only 2 trim levels: Tradesman and SLT. Nothing else. This means you CANNOT get: Leather Seats; Heated Seats; Ventilated Seats; Heated steering wheel; Automatic Temperature Control; 20 inch wheels; Foot-well Lighting; Projector Headlamps; Push Button Start; and MORE. All of these options/upgrades are available only in trim levels HIGHER than an SLT. And like I said, SLT is the highest trim level for a HD regular cab. Which explains how and why I have played with, and used, an AutoEnginuity and soon the OBDLink MX to cure all of these short comings.

When I asked "why" no higher trims in a HD regular cab I was told that Ram (as well as Ford and Chevy) consider HD RC's "work" trucks bought mostly be contractors, companies, and municipalities, where these features are not needed or desired.

So no surprise that Auto Up window feature is missing

Last edited:

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine