AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ghost Ram....many thanks.........So changes to the BCM are made in all three categories? Settings are found in the "battery", "check engine" and the "little car"? When I go into each one of the categories and scroll through it and find a setting I want to change to "set" or "present" I am assuming I click on it or highlight it and the program will give me an option make the change to set/present? Sorry for all the questions, you have been extremely helpful...........
No you will only make changes in the BCM which you will connect to. It is the little car emblem. The battery and check engine light are for diagnostics. I'm sure Ghost-Ram will get some better pictures for you if he doesn't I will do it when I get back later

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
YES!! THANK YOU!......You have no idea how much I would appreciate your (and Ricks Ram) help since I do not want to bork up my BCM.
It really is no problem but be aware that there is no guarantee for any of this not to "bork" your BCM unfortunately. This has proven so far to be better compared to others.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, sorry...told y'all I wasn't the best at this. I included those because it is best to check faults for example before hand. It's quick and will also keep you aware of any issues that could arise from some of the changes you've made or something maybe you were not aware of.

The Battery symbol is where you find your current configuration. After connecting to the body control module, run it. This gives you an insight as to your current settings. It is also good to look at the first post of this thread. It shows you how to make a backup of your configuration settings. Not that you can restore them with it but it gives you a starting point to look if something goes wrong. This way you can retrace your steps to revert the changes you've made. Taking good notes of everything helps as well!

PNUTLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Removed

Edit Reason: Brain Fart

I seen you say that you activated a factory anti theft alarm or something like that?

What is that?
Didn’t your truck come with a factory alarm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@mjf6175 I think my post below your response might help a little. It shows the selections and confirmations. If you need more help, let me know!

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I seen you say that you activated a factory anti theft alarm or something like that?

What is that?
Didn’t your truck come with a factory alarm?

Yes and no. It came ready with some of the factory alarm. The actual setting for the factory alarm were not set for my model.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mostly on-topic...has anyone used AlfaODB for actual data logging/diagnostics?

Im curious if it has certain values to read, mostly concerning engine timing, Short Term and Long Term Knock Retard values, etc.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can check out their site. I have not seen these but I also have not been all through the app.

List of screenshots from thier site.
http://www.alfaobd.com/screenshots.html#

From Alfa:

AlfaOBD features include:

• monitoring various dynamic parameters of body, dash, code, engine, gearbox, ABS, climate control, etc. and graphical presentation as adjustable plots
  • reading of static data (ECU id, system status, fault codes with probable causes and environment information where applicable)
  • clearing fault codes, monitoring the system for appearance of new faults
  • active diagnostics and configuration procedures for various equipment controlled by engine, gearbox, body computer, climate control, ABS, airbag, code control and other ECUs. Service light reset, engine oil change, DPF regeneration and many more.
  • electronic key and RF remote control programming

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thought I would also post some shots for the Windows people we have here. It is essentially the same. Instead of the symbols you get at the bottom of the screen on Android, in the Windows version it is a menu bar across the top.

Status connected..
68144ac70be0e40856dcf4963f81b6ab.jpg

Program customer features menu..
c433c1bc66e9920eee38a809e3e2f9aa.jpg
Car configuration change menu..
1e696efd60dfeba6525e2bd1edeceaa0.jpg
Example of making changes in car configuration change menu...
f22b65cedf8d09f1f2d493c8ae4262ba.jpg
Example of reading system ID
ac6394fdc28e82e2dbd51fbc9fe3e7b4.jpg
Checking for faults
7be7dffed03eebea5e65c91a4a91fa14.jpg

Edit: If you have trouble connecting the first time like I did and it is giving you a COM error. Check the COM port number in Windows Device Manager. Once you have device manager pulled up you should see the following screen.

Screenshot (13).png

Expand "Ports (COM & LPT)

Screenshot (14).png

Take note of the ports yours has listed. There must be two COM ports created by Windows for the OBDLink interface for the incoming and outgoing. You need to select the outgoing port in the program (see the Start tab in advanced mode). Just try both ports, one of them should work. Alternatively you can check which port is outgoing in the Windows “Bluetooth devices”.
Credit to dev

"The "Port" won't be there till it's created. Connect the OBD MX to the computer then check Device Manager for Bluetooth/COM port numbers." @crash68
https://www.ramforum.com/posts/1883141/

Last edited:

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for all of the information and the screen shots! I ordered the MX this morning, can't wait to mess with this stuff.

Side note, I have a parking light bulb out message because of my LED switchbaks. The irritating thing is that I get a damn ding every time I stop or use a turn signal when it is dark outside. Am I able to fix this issue with these BCM settings? I really don't want to take the switchbaks out. And I already have resistors on everything lol.

Hoping this will fix it until I get the OEM projectors.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for all of the information and the screen shots! I ordered the MX this morning, can't wait to mess with this stuff.

Side note, I have a parking light bulb out message because of my LED switchbaks. The irritating thing is that I get a damn ding every time I stop or use a turn signal when it is dark outside. Am I able to fix this issue with these BCM settings? I really don't want to take the switchbaks out. And I already have resistors on everything lol.

Hoping this will fix it until I get the OEM projectors.
If it is anything like the license plate settings I had on, it will remove the message. Downside is you will most likely not get an actual bulb out message at all even if the LED goes out. Was easy to keep an eye on mine as the backup camera let me see them every time I went in reverse.

The settings are there for all of the LED options.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If it is anything like the license plate settings I had on, it will remove the message. Downside is you will most likely not get an actual bulb out message at all even if the LED goes out. Was easy to keep an eye on mine as the backup camera let me see them every time I went in reverse.

The settings are there for all of the LED options.

AWESOME!! I don't mind if it doesn't tell me about a bulb being out. My truck dings at me about 50 times on my way to work. And I like my switchbaks too much to take them out haha.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
AWESOME!! I don't mind if it doesn't tell me about a bulb being out. My truck dings at me about 50 times on my way to work. And I like my switchbaks too much to take them out haha.
It might work, that is why I did mine and it did. I know it works because I just today I took all my codes back out and it came back. Lol

PNUTLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes and no. It came ready with some of the factory alarm. The actual setting for the factory alarm were not set for my model.

I remember ricks ram was telling me about enabling the factory alarm.

Im completely lost about that lol

What other settings can be set with the alarm?
Mine has an alarm too but I can only unlock, lock and hit panic

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe I only set VTA System Present. I don't think there is anything you can really do with it other than the horn will go off. To test, lock the doors inside with the fob then after a a minute or so open the door with the handle.

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
wow the windows version pictured looks like things are categorized better,

I scrolled the entire list like 20 different times looking for 1 last line code on the DRL, had to PM ghost_ram and he was like boooooom right here near the bottom, lol.

I think the app dumps all the modules into 1 scrolling list, where as the window version breaks down into drop down sections of selectable options.

fire101fighter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Maybe I missed it some where, but would this work for a 2010? Trying to disable mds and a couple other things.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe I missed it some where, but would this work for a 2010? Trying to disable mds and a couple other things.

I only have listed back to 2013 in the app.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was going to post something earlier as a PSA but forgot until I was reminded. Thanks @G-Ride990

I recently purchased a remote start and completed the install today. I also did not want to go to the stealership to have them finish the programming side, but with the advise of a couple buddies and an email to the developer... I have an appointment tomorrow at 1pm. Below is a response from the developer which ultimately sealed the deal so to speak for me.

"All the listed steps are covered by the program, but for
some of them I have no reports from the car owners for the
results of the real life tests. The procedure is
complicated and there is the risk to brick the new RFH if
anything goes wrong. I would suggest to go to the dealer
for this particular case, sorry!"

Going to take a braver soul than me! Lol

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wanted to mention it might be a good idea for guys to leave positive comments in the Google Play Store or wherever you buy the alphaOBD tool from and mention that you're using it for your RAM so the developer will see how many of us who are using the tool are from the Ram community. I'm thinking it might help us in the future as he refines a tool when he knows how many guys are using it for Ram trucks since it was primarily used for Alfa Romeos and other cars Pryor to the Ram pickup.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk