AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aimvee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did we get the tire size change figured out for 2019 trucks?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Cummins3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I successfully changed the toms on my 2019 cummins but I also went ahead and changed to tire size and I think it changed but now I have the abs straction and few other lights on in dash.... I did the abs Initialization tried to follow directions but idk if I have a g sensor and I have esc with no codes. What does it mean to cycle key I have push start... I tried going from off to acc to run and all lights still on what am I doing wrong..... Does the truck have to be on off to do all this or in acc or in run??? Someone please help

Sorry if this has been discussed here but long thread..

Cummins3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did we get the tire size change figured out for 2019 trucks?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Same boat all my lights are on lol tried following the alpha obd directions with no success I'm obviously doing something wrong

Zdemerchant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Need some help here! Got a 7" evic and can't update the mileage or hours. I've been reading this thread and made sure both the app and mx+ software are updated. Tried to do the Vin update and it wouldn't take either. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Meant to put in that my truck is a 2016 ram 2500 outdoorsman.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Need some help here! Got a 7" evic and can't update the mileage or hours. I've been reading this thread and made sure both the app and mx+ software are updated. Tried to do the Vin update and it wouldn't take either. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Meant to put in that my truck is a 2016 ram 2500 outdoorsman.
Try the key in different positions too.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Nkiwan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi I need some help lol I installed HIDs into my 2019 classic with projectors, I also installed the Gateway Bypass harness. I loaded up AlfaOBD, selected my2019. I tried two things, I tried changing the "VehConfig 3-High Intensity Discharge Headlamps" to Yes with no luck, Low Beams never turn on. I also tried enabling "CBC Features-LED Low Beam Lamps Present" with no luck neither. I tried having them both enabled also with no luck.

I know the changes are taking affect, cuz I could see it in the vehicles Logs that this were enabled. Why aren't my Low Beam HIDs turning on?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Hi I need some help lol I installed HIDs into my 2019 classic with projectors, I also installed the Gateway Bypass harness. I loaded up AlfaOBD, selected my2019. I tried two things, I tried changing the "VehConfig 3-High Intensity Discharge Headlamps" to Yes with no luck, Low Beams never turn on. I also tried enabling "CBC Features-LED Low Beam Lamps Present" with no luck neither. I tried having them both enabled also with no luck.

I know the changes are taking affect, cuz I could see it in the vehicles Logs that this were enabled. Why aren't my Low Beam HIDs turning on?
Your going to need to verify the HIDs work, unplug the headline +12V connection and power it directly from the battery. Also plug your headlight bulb back in to test if you have voltage at the connection.

Nkiwan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your going to need to verify the HIDs work, unplug the headline +12V connection and power it directly from the battery. Also plug your headlight bulb back in to test if you have voltage at the connection.
I finally put my old halogen bulb in. It turned on no problem. My HID high beams work fine. I haven't had the chance to try the ballast/bulbs I was using for the lows. Just seemed odd that both ballast/bulbs for the lows would not work with a brand new kit.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

johnwayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 slt
Engine
I HAVE BECOME AN EXPERT IN THIS!!! Any led bulbs will work. For signal/tail lights make sure you have the SWITCHBACK bulbs ordered. That is the equivalent of our 2 filaments in one bulb for those who don't know. Standard 3157 led wont work must be switchback 3157 or whatever the bulb number is. Next make sure you enable combined rear lighting in AlphaOBD menu. This tells the truck that both the brake and signal light is the same bulb. Thats all I had to do but went one step further and enabled led brake light and led signal settings. No more codes for me!

For error on the middle brake light make sure to enable LED CHMSL. It sounds stupid but took me forever to figure out this meant center high mounted stop light lol. No more code there either
have switched everybulb in truck now to LED including fogs/highs/rears, signals and even interiors. I came to forum tonight to get info on last error for dome light but I am sure I will find the answer lol. Anyway I have totally figured this out if anyone needs help. Even did a successfull cluster swap from 3.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
New to alphaOBD but I've used Forscan for fords a bunch. AlphaOBD seems way easier.
Of course though I can't get it to read my OBD interface. lol

I'm using the PC version.

This is the one I use for Forscan. I just have to switch back and forth the HS and MC can when I use it
IMG_20210313_124148_1280x720.png

I might just have to use the android version and use he OBDlink MX

NETim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I HAVE BECOME AN EXPERT IN THIS!!! Any led bulbs will work. For signal/tail lights make sure you have the SWITCHBACK bulbs ordered. That is the equivalent of our 2 filaments in one bulb for those who don't know. Standard 3157 led wont work must be switchback 3157 or whatever the bulb number is. Next make sure you enable combined rear lighting in AlphaOBD menu. This tells the truck that both the brake and signal light is the same bulb. Thats all I had to do but went one step further and enabled led brake light and led signal settings. No more codes for me!

For error on the middle brake light make sure to enable LED CHMSL. It sounds stupid but took me forever to figure out this meant center high mounted stop light lol. No more code there either
have switched everybulb in truck now to LED including fogs/highs/rears, signals and even interiors. I came to forum tonight to get info on last error for dome light but I am sure I will find the answer lol. Anyway I have totally figured this out if anyone needs help. Even did a successfull cluster swap from 3.

So what brand LED's are you using for the tail/brake lights? And I take it that no resistors were needed? No hyperflash encountered?

Thanks!!

Nkiwan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New to alphaOBD but I've used Forscan for fords a bunch. AlphaOBD seems way easier.

This is the one I use for Forscan. I just have to switch back and forth the HS and MC can when I use it
View attachment 241087

PC version of AlfaOBD works fine with me, but it is highly recommended to use OBDLink MX. Can't speak for that adapter.

rixter99

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 SRW
Engine
Cummins i6.7

I had the exact device for ForScan and it didn't work either...I agree that AlfaOBD is easier - likes tons easier...I hated having to do the hex conversions on items that weren't 'text' options...

I got the MX+ and using a laptop running Win10...What issues I've had seem to be 'user' related' or 'DOH!!!' moments...

Jakec0311

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'm going to be the stubborn one and ask a question that's been asked since 2009 because I refuse to accept defeat haha. So I don't guess there is anyway with all the wonders of Alfaobd that anybody has figured out how to get high idle on a truck with a G56 in it have they? I have read til my eyes have bled and haven't found anything concrete other than a concrete block to get my truck to stay in high idle when I need it to. Beating a dead horse I know but refuse to believe it cant be done.

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
I'm going to be the stubborn one and ask a question that's been asked since 2009 because I refuse to accept defeat haha. So I don't guess there is anyway with all the wonders of Alfaobd that anybody has figured out how to get high idle on a truck with a G56 in it have they? I have read til my eyes have bled and haven't found anything concrete other than a concrete block to get my truck to stay in high idle when I need it to. Beating a dead horse I know but refuse to believe it cant be done.

Fill out your signature with truck info.

On a 5.9 there was a ground jumper that needed to be added to the ecu connector. I think line is brought under dash on third generation 6.7. Not heard of anyone finding it on a 4th generation. The line is a clutch interlock that turns off high idle when clutch is pressed in.

cbach

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Hi all, new here and just picked up a 2018 Ram 2500 CC 6.4L today. I have played with AlfaOBD on my 09 1500 4x4, but wanted some clarification as I have searched and not found a definite answer. I see on 2018+ we need a security bypass cable. Is this needed for ALL functions of AlfaOBD? Can I use it to view and reset codes without the cable? Program new FOBIKs? Thanks in advance!!

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Hi all, new here and just picked up a 2018 Ram 2500 CC 6.4L today. I have played with AlfaOBD on my 09 1500 4x4, but wanted some clarification as I have searched and not found a definite answer. I see on 2018+ we need a security bypass cable. Is this needed for ALL functions of AlfaOBD? Can I use it to view and reset codes without the cable? Program new FOBIKs? Thanks in advance!!

You can view and reset codes without the cable. Otherwise you need it

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman
1990 5.9L 12v Cummins W250

cbach

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
You can view and reset codes without the cable. Otherwise you need it

Thought that might be the case. I'll order it up, as I have already ordered an OEM remote start kit for the truck. Thanks for the confirmation!!

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Thought that might be the case. I'll order it up, as I have already ordered an OEM remote start kit for the truck. Thanks for the confirmation!!

You'll also need your 4 digit pin for the rf hub. 2 ways to get it. Dealer (sometimes problematic or charge for it) or if the dealer wants more than $15 for it you can use the Chrysler pin puller app and retrieve it yourself.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
PC version of AlfaOBD works fine with me, but it is highly recommended to use OBDLink MX. Can't speak for that adapter.

Guess I will have to get one then. They claim it's great for Forscan too so that's a plus.

I had the exact device for ForScan and it didn't work either...I agree that AlfaOBD is easier - likes tons easier...I hated having to do the hex conversions on items that weren't 'text' options...

I got the MX+ and using a laptop running Win10...What issues I've had seem to be 'user' related' or 'DOH!!!' moments...

Omg, the hexadecimal stuff is mind boggling.
You like have to read it 15 times making you for the write number. lol

Also, watching some youtube video's. A lot people say change one thing at a time and if you are changing a lot of things. Change one and wait a while, then change another.
Is that true.