AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rixter99

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 SRW
Engine
Cummins i6.7
OK, so hear is a good one I heard from a friend is possible on other makes of trucks. When you hit the unlock button on the fob you will get approach lights currently. I do have the tow mirrors with the puddle lights and all works well. My questions is about the timing of the lights and how long they stay on after a unlock fob push. Can the timing be changed for the lights or puddle lights to stay on longer after an unlock?
Yes...I believe it's under Settings, then Lights, on your radio...I don't remember the exact location after that, but you can change it...

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I use the OBDlink MX with a laptop AND forscan - 3 different laptops and 1/2 dozen different FORDS mostly late model pickups and never had ANY adaptor issues
my point is you can get the MX and use the PC version for both FORD and RAM

Oh, that's good to know.

What's the difference between MX and MX+?
You can't seem to the MX anymore. I did find some cheap knock off on ebay.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Oh, that's good to know.

What's the difference between MX and MX+?
You can't seem to the MX anymore. I did find some cheap knock off on ebay.

Don't go with the knock-offs and it doesn't look like the MX is available for sale from the manufacturer anymore. MX+ is the way to go you won't be sorry.

randerson0248

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just changed the cargo lamps to led. Is there a way to tell alfaobd to change cargo lamps to led, but leave upper brake light as non-led?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I just changed the cargo lamps to led. Is there a way to tell alfaobd to change cargo lamps to led, but leave upper brake light as non-led?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I don't believe so but their should be no I'll effects of its set to LED that I'm aware of.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

brutal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Don't go with the knock-offs and it doesn't look like the MX is available for sale from the manufacturer anymore. MX+ is the way to go you won't be sorry.

LX works and is available.

MX+ only needed if you want to use other than AlfaOBD on iOS or need a VIN locked license for a GM or Ford vehicle. MX+ includes a single license for either.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
LX works and is available.

MX+ only needed if you want to use other than AlfaOBD on iOS or need a VIN locked license for a GM or Ford vehicle. MX+ includes a single license for either.

The developer wrote the program using MX and recommends the MX which is now the MX+. Use anything else at your own risk. Bypass is required for everything 2018 and newer. The majority of users here are making their changes with the MX or MX+ so if there's a connection issue or problem and you're using something different the knowledge base for help would be limited.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The developer wrote the program using MX and recommends the MX which is now the MX+. Use anything else at your own risk. Bypass is required for everything 2018 and newer. The majority of users here are making their changes with the MX or MX+ so if there's a connection issue or problem and you're using something different the knowledge base for help would be limited.
The LX is the same as MX and MX+, except it can’t do Ford medium speed or GM single wire canbus, and no iOS. Otherwise, all three are exactly the same as far as AlfaOBD and our trucks are concerned.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Last edited:

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Is the speed the same? I thought some here had issues when doing the 7" EVIC upgrade.

https://www.obdadvisor.com/obdlink-mx-vs-lx-review/
They all use the same Bluetooth. It’s not a good choice for those that are going to use it across different vehicle brands, but strictly for FCA vehicles and AlfaOBD, they all function the same.
The mileage correction isn’t a good example for comparison because even those with the MX+ have issues. It used to be that I never had an issue with the mileage correction with the Android version and MX+, but recently I have. Whenever it doesn’t work for me, I just pull out the windows version and the OBDLink EX usb cable, and it will then work on the first try.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I do know the Ford guys like the MX too, I just got by with my cheap $25 usb one. It works the only think I hated was having to switch between MS and HS can with the switch. But it worked fine. If I was using forscan everyday it would get annoying.

But getting the MX now, it will be nice to use forscan and alphaobd without having to touch the obd device.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So, I have a 2019 classic with the 8.4 android auto/carplay no nav. Is it possible to activate turn by turn on the evil so when I use Android auto/Google maps for nav it shows up on the cluster?