AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crowell392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Thanks for pointing me in the rite direction, that worked like a charm.

Crowell392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Is there a way to change them from amber to white, I have the akkon aftermarket headlights

shicksjr01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
First time using ALFAOBD. activated fog lights to stay on with highbeams, check
activated DRL, check
Activated factory alarm, got flashing light on dash when locked, but when i use the key and unlock door and open no horn/alarm?

mustangRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Installed Alfa on my new phone with Android 13 installed and all connects fine to the truck. When I go to back up config , there is nothing happening. No file to restore from. When I go to save gauges or load file to google drive nothing is found. I have done a bit of reading and seems like there are some security updates to the location where the log files are stored. Can't even browse to them to see if the file saved. I have had no issues on my older android 10 phone. Anyone had the same situation and figured out how to fix? App has all permissions enabled.

RamVol

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Ok fellas, I’m stumped here. 2018 Ram 2500. Putting LED bulbs in Halogen Tail lights. Auxito Bulbs, installed resistors in Tail lights and reverse lights so two resistors each side. I also swapped out my 3rd brake with Leds too. Now before all is this I swapped out my license bulbs with no errors at all. Once I swapped our Tails and 3rd, I get codes B16D7 Left Tail Lamp Control 1 and Code B16DF Right Tail lamp Control 1.

Only resistors are on the Tails, and Reverse bulbs.

All led in Alpha are set to NO. Just didn’t want to mess with chasing my tail in alpha for led tails. But yet, here I am

Not my first time using Alpha

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Great thread. Just ordered a Bypass from DeerGuy, found a

OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth on Amazon Canada for less than ordering it from Amazon U.S.

Now all I have to do is download AlphaOBD

one question. There are instructions on how to save the original setup file to google drive. Can that file just be saved to my android device instead?

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there still support for Alfa?
Emailed Alexey, but no replies.
Having a data from ECU corrupt error.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
one question. There are instructions on how to save the original setup file to google drive. Can that file just be saved to my android device instead?
To upload vehicle’s System ID (BCM) Information to PC’s Google Drive:
1 Go to "Tools" icon in the upper right corner.
2 Select "Upload to Google Drive", it will ask you to link to Google Drive.
3 Link your Google Drive to Alfa.
4 Select "Upload to Google Drive" and "Upload Faults and Status Log".
5 Select "Body Chrysler Info".
6 Name the file to upload whatever you wish.
7 Now you can go to your Google Drive and read the system info a little easier.

I'm pretty sure it cannot be saved to an android device. The android is only a vessel carrying Alfa, Alfa cannot read or write the android.

FYI - For viewing the information live:
Connect to the “Body Module”
Go to the bottom and select the “Battery” icon (once a connection has been made)
Select “Read System ID”. It then populates the screen.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
To upload vehicle’s System ID (BCM) Information to PC’s Google Drive:
1 Go to "Tools" icon in the upper right corner.
2 Select "Upload to Google Drive", it will ask you to link to Google Drive.
3 Link your Google Drive to Alfa.
4 Select "Upload to Google Drive" and "Upload Faults and Status Log".
5 Select "Body Chrysler Info".
6 Name the file to upload whatever you wish.
7 Now you can go to your Google Drive and read the system info a little easier.

I'm pretty sure it cannot be saved to an android device. The android is only a vessel carrying Alfa, Alfa cannot read or write the android.

FYI - For viewing the information live:
Connect to the “Body Module”
Go to the bottom and select the “Battery” icon (once a connection has been made)
Select “Read System ID”. It then populates the screen.
I understand what you are saying and I did read those instructions. What I am curious about is alpha is basically creating and saving a file. I would think I should be able to specify other places than Google Drive for that file to be saved to. I am not a fan of Google nor of the fact they can see 100% of everything you save to their cloud storage. They already aggressively gather as much personal data as they can, don't want to help them out any more than I absolutely have to.

I will check it out when I get the gear, was just hoping someone had already figured it out.

Last edited:

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I understand what you are saying and I did read those instructions. What I am curious about is alpha is basically creating and saving a file. I would think I should be able to specify other places than Google Drive for that file to be saved to. I am not a fan of Google nor of the fact they can see 100% of everything you save to their cloud storage. They already aggressively gather as much personal data as they can, don't want to help them out any more than I absolutely have to.

I will check it out when I get the gear, was just hoping someone had already figured it out.
I understand and I have the same misgivings about Google.
If you find out otherwise or figure it out, please let us know.

iiDangerv2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry if this information is laying around in this thread but I’m starting to feel defeated and give up after hours of searching. I don’t know wiring too well, so possibly searching for the wrong thing. I’m trying to add remote start to my 2020 1500 Classic. I’ve already made the necessary changes with AlfaOBD and need some help with finding information regarding the connector that plugs into C1 pin 11. I’m wanting to just ground that pin, but the connectors I have purchased won’t fit into the C1 housing. Can anyone point me in the direction of a part number or a link to something that has worked for someone else?

Frank Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, did a search but not finding any answer to my lighting problem.
My yellow park lights come on when I open the door to the truck and even though all the switches are off for ALL lights, they stay on with a "Lights ON" dash warning when I turn the truck off and open the door. They stay on for over 7 mins. before they go out.

I've checked all the settings in the display settings along with all the manual switches, but nothing turns them off.

This started happening about a week after I had a new engine installed..

Also, have checked as many "plugs in" as I can find under the dash, driver side frame, hood, trailer hitch.

Any ideas??

JellyBoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi,
After many hours I managed to get my DRL on turn signal working. But I get message that back light is out and the turn signal blinks fast, when I check I see at the back turn signal are on constant aswell. I live in Norway, have a 2015 eco diesel, my back lights are aftermarket Spyder my front lights are original projector. Can't find a setting to stop back lights coming on as dark. Would be very grateful to get some help on which settings I need to change

tomi1980

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.2 pentastar
Ok I did confirm that alfa was able to program all my fobs using the baseline setting.

So i now have the two original fobs and 1 replacement fob.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Hello. I'm new to the forum. I hope someone can help. I have a 2015 Cherokee with a key inserted into the ignition. What is the alphaobd key coding procedure? please help. Thank you.

tomi1980

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.2 pentastar
A little walk through of how to program FOBIKs

First turn you truck on to accessory.(I always do this to connect to the RF Hub)

View attachment 413085
Select Radio frequency hub(RFH)
In the drop down select Radio frequency hub(this is the only option to select here)

View attachment 413086
Connect to the RF Hub

View attachment 413087
Once you’re connected. Locate the Car with the hood up on the bottom right hand corner. Click on it

View attachment 413088
Click on the drop down menu. Almost all the way at the bottom select - Program Ignition FOBIKs Baseline system

At this point turn your key to the Lock Position(turn the truck off) and remove the key from the ignition

View attachment 413089
Place the FOBIK(Key) you’re wanting to program in the ignition and leave it in the off position

Enter you 4 digit pin provided by your local dealership

View attachment 413090
Click Start. Your screen should look something like this!

View attachment 413091
Once the process is complete you will see Procesure complete in blue. Please note the above dialogue box will say “FOBIK successfully paired” I think lol

If a key is already Paired to your truck. You will get the Failure error. “Failure FOBIK already learned”

Now start you truck up to make sure it was successfully paired!

2018 Black Pearl Ram 1500

LED Tail Lights, Black Quad Halogens with LED conversion, LED Black 3rd Break Light, Blacked Out Emblems, Rims & Grill, 8.4 UAQ conversion!
Hello. I'm new to the forum. I hope someone can help. I have a 2015 Cherokee with a key inserted into the ignition. What is the alphaobd key coding procedure? please help. Thank you.

Bajaboy7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Quick question on programming remote start and the key fobs that go with it. Which should be done first? Program key fobs or turn on remote start?

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I understand and I have the same misgivings about Google.
If you find out otherwise or figure it out, please let us know.
So, got the security link from Koadtech AKA DeereGuy, $55 plus $15 U.S. for shipping, total $95 Canadian, an OBD MX+ from Amazon Canada for $170 CDN and AlphaOBD off the play store for $49 Cdn. Total $315 Cdn to my door.

Shootout to Koad, quality built product and pretty easy to connect with the instructions on the site. I did the temporary version so that if I need to take the truck to the dealer, it is easy to disconnect the bypass from the OBD port and make the truck's OBD port work just like factory. Being an old fat guy, not as limber as I used to be so plugging the leads into the Canbus was a bit of contortion job that you do by feel but it only took a couple of minutes. A good LED flashlight helps a whole bunch to see the Canbus that is tucked back in behind the light switch and dimmer knobs.

I had previously paired the MX+ to Bluetooth on my phone. Downloaded Alpha and it hooked right up no problem.

First step was to create a base configuration file so I did that in the BCM module. Good news, you do NOT have to load it to Google, you can email yourself a copy of it and save the attachment on your own computer. If you double click the attachment on the email it opens right up and you can read all of your original settings before you started doing any changes.

First thing I tried was adjusting the TPMS thresholds on my 2021 2500. Dead simple to do, scroll down the menu list under BCM 2021 Control, and set the limits you want. I did 35 front and 30 back, as I want to run 45 front and 40 back empty. When it read complete I cycled the key off. Let it sit ten minutes then fired the truck up, and presto, no more low warning lamp or ding. It was worth $300 for that fix alone.

Got up to 80 F outside by the time I got done double checking stuff, so decided that was enough for today. Will update as I try adjusting the other stuff on my list.

Last edited:

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
So, got the security link from Koadtech AKA DeereGuy, $55 plus $15 U.S. for shipping, total $95 Canadian, an OBD MX+ from Amazon Canada for $170 CDN and AlphaOBD off the play store for $49 Cdn. Total $315 Cdn to my door.

Shootout to Koad, quality built product and pretty easy to connect with the instructions on the site. I did the temporary version so that if I need to take the truck to the dealer, it is easy to disconnect the bypass from the OBD port and make the truck's OBD port work just like factory. Being an old fat guy, not as limber as I used to be so plugging the leads into the Canbus was a bit of contortion job that you do by feel but it only took a couple of minutes. A good LED flashlight helps a whole bunch to see the Canbus that is tucked back in behind the light switch and dimmer knobs.

I had previously paired the MX+ to Bluetooth on my phone. Downloaded Alpha and it hooked right up no problem.

First step was to create a base configuration file so I did that in the BCM module. Good news, you do NOT have to load it to Google, you can email yourself a copy of it and save the attachment on your own computer. If you double click the attachment on the email it opens right up and you can read all of your original settings before you started doing any changes.

First thing I tried was adjusting the TPMS thresholds on my 2021 2500. Dead simple to do, scroll down the menu list under BCM 2021 Control, and set the limits you want. I did 35 front and 30 back, as I want to run 45 front and 40 back empty. When it read complete I cycled the key off. Let it sit ten minutes then fired the truck up, and presto, no more low warning lamp or ding. It was worth $300 for that fix alone.

Got up to 80 F outside by the time I got done double checking stuff, so decided that was enough for today. Will update as I try adjusting the other stuff on my list.

welcome-to-the-club-fist-bump.gif