AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erikk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Does anyone know what Snow Plow mode does?
In the pre13 Rams it engages the cooling fan, and was a dealer visit option. Haven’t heard anything about it even still being offered in the 13+ trucks. It is in my alfa options so was wondering if anyone knows anything before I engage it and screw something up. Mines a 2016.
I asked Alexey about it but haven’t heard back from him yet. Also asked him about keeping exhaust brake on as a default setting.

Mrmagoolin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Does anyone know what Snow Plow mode does?
In the pre13 Rams it engages the cooling fan, and was a dealer visit option. Haven’t heard anything about it even still being offered in the 13+ trucks. It is in my alfa options so was wondering if anyone knows anything before I engage it and screw something up. Mines a 2016.
I asked Alexey about it but haven’t heard back from him yet. Also asked him about keeping exhaust brake on as a default setting.
I found this on the Snow Plow mode. http://www.rambodybuilder.com/2016/docs/ram/SPLFV.pdf

Erikk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thanks mrmagoolin!

Has anyone seen all the new options on the alfa for the Cummins? Wow! Looks like all the emissions stuff can be reset plus there is a stationary regen function. I just got the new android update this morning. I’m still looking through it but there’s a bunch of new functions. Thinking maybe worrying about long trip limp mode because of emissions may be a thing of the past.
Version 2.1.5.0

Guillermo Arevalo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New to the group, just downloaded this software 2 days ago and man is it powerful! Only issue I had is I changed my head lights to hid in the settings and now my low beam headlights don’t turn on, all other lights work as the should. Anyone know the solution? I reversed it how it was and still nothing. Thanks

Outbreak

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Alexey is very responsive (including responding to me within an hour *on Thanksgiving* no less), have you checked your Spam/Clutter?

Well, to be fair, he’s not in the US is he?

Redheadhunter21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thanks mrmagoolin!

Has anyone seen all the new options on the alfa for the Cummins? Wow! Looks like all the emissions stuff can be reset plus there is a stationary regen function. I just got the new android update this morning. I’m still looking through it but there’s a bunch of new functions. Thinking maybe worrying about long trip limp mode because of emissions may be a thing of the past.
Version 2.1.5.0
Anything related to the exhaust brake on the new update?

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

Didn't see anything. If you are wanting to set it to stay on all the time or on at start I don't think that is going to happen. It's considered a safety issue so doubt we will see a way to change it.

Erikk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

Didn't see anything. If you are wanting to set it to stay on all the time or on at start I don't think that is going to happen. It's considered a safety issue so doubt we will see a way to change it.

There is an exhaust brake enable/disable. Not sure if enabled would turn it on at startup or not. From what I’ve been told the c&c trucks are reset at startup like they were when you turned them off. That’s what I want, and if they can then we should be able to as well.

Mrmagoolin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
There is an exhaust brake enable/disable. Not sure if enabled would turn it on at startup or not. From what I’ve been told the c&c trucks are reset at startup like they were when you turned them off. That’s what I want, and if they can then we should be able to as well.

Give it a try and see what happens.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
My Android updated automatically but my Windows that I purchased last week is 2.0.4 and it shows that the version released 11/25 is 2.0.5.0. How do I access and load that update. I downloaded the APK link and it took me to the Google store like it wanted me to purchase it again.

To update the Windows version go to their website and download it.
FYI - an .apk file is for androids only

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New to the group, just downloaded this software 2 days ago and man is it powerful! Only issue I had is I changed my head lights to hid in the settings and now my low beam headlights don’t turn on, all other lights work as the should. Anyone know the solution? I reversed it how it was and still nothing. Thanks

I think that is only part of the equation. I have BCM dumps from my sisters Jeep GC Summit which has HIDs and there are additional settings that need to be changed to HID output. I will need to check when I get home from my business trip but I believe these two settings are set to HID left and HID right (may be wrong as I am going from memory):
Spare LSD Relay #1 Usage: Not defined
Spare LSD Relay #2 Usage: Not defined

Given that, I believe you may need to add relays to the TIPM and run a new power wire to the HID ballasts. My guess is that changing the output to HID headlights triggers the relays instead of the BCM output due to current requirements by HID ballasts (one of the reasons relay harness are used). I would guess that relays in the TIMP are used instead of the BCM output due to having a steady power supply as opposed to a PWM supply from the BCM. Take above with a grain of salt as it is just my guess based on the configurations I have seen.

I will post a Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit BCM config when I get home. A large amount of the settings are the same between the two vehicles so it will help set additional options.

EDIT:
Might actually be the following relay outputs that allow for HID output:
IOD HSD Relay On Usage: Snow Plow Left Turn Lamp
IOD HSD Relay Off Usage: SNOW PLOW RIGHT TURN (0)

Check to make sure those did not get switch from the default. Compare your BCM config to the ones shared in the first post.

Last edited:

Guillermo Arevalo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think that is only part of the equation. I have BCM dumps from my sisters Jeep GC Summit which has HIDs and there are additional settings that need to be changed to HID output. I will need to check when I get home from my business trip but I believe these two settings are set to HID left and HID right (may be wrong as I am going from memory):
Spare LSD Relay #1 Usage: Not defined
Spare LSD Relay #2 Usage: Not defined

Given that, I believe you may need to add relays to the TIPM and run a new power wire to the HID ballasts. My guess is that changing the output to HID headlights triggers the res instead of the BCM output due to current requirements by HID ballasts (one of the reasons relay harness are used). I would guess that relays in the TIMP are used instead of the BCM output due to having a steady power supply as opposed to a PWM supply from the BCM. Take above with a grain of salt as it is just my guess based on the configurations I have seen.

I will post a Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit BCM config when I get home. A large amount of the settings are the same between the two vehicles so it will help set additional options.

EDIT:
Might actually be the following relay outputs that allow for HID output:
IOD HSD Relay On Usage: Snow Plow Left Turn Lamp
IOD HSD Relay Off Usage: SNOW PLOW RIGHT TURN (0)

Check to make sure those did not get switch from the default. Compare your BCM config to the ones shared in the first post.

I already had hids installed in the vehicle with no issues, just wanted to program the truck to recognize them that way I can remove all of the resistors that is has. But I’ll definitely check it out when I get home. Also instead of headlight illumination on approach it is now taillight illumination on approach

Last edited:

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I already had hids installed in the vehicle with no issues, just wanted to program the truck to recognize them that way I can remove all of the resistors that is has. But I’ll definitely check it out when I get home. Also instead of headlight illumination on approach it is now taillight illumination on approach

Take your config and compare it to one of the shared configs in the first post. Easiest way to compare is get something like Notepad++ and installing the "Compare" plug in for it. Then you can see all the differences line by line and you should be able to track down the other settings that may need to be fixed.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Spotted a little something interesting in the new radio module stuff. Did a dump of the radio status (2016 VP4) and spotted the highlighted option near the bottom of the list. So, it's there in the radio's internal options, we just need Alexey to come up with a way to alter it!

Brand Splash Screen: Automatic
Cell Signal Strength: 10 dBm
Camera Level Brightness: 48 %
X65 Subscription Status: Subscribed
Buzzer Output: Buzzer Off
Seek Status: Not set
Frequency Step Selection: 0
Mode Selection: USB
In Motion Menu Control: Disabled
SDAR Station Selection: 26

-K

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Spotted a little something interesting in the new radio module stuff. Did a dump of the radio status (2016 VP4) and spotted the highlighted option near the bottom of the list. So, it's there in the radio's internal options, we just need Alexey to come up with a way to alter it!

Brand Splash Screen: Automatic
Cell Signal Strength: 10 dBm
Camera Level Brightness: 48 %
X65 Subscription Status: Subscribed
Buzzer Output: Buzzer Off
Seek Status: Not set
Frequency Step Selection: 0
Mode Selection: USB
In Motion Menu Control: Disabled
SDAR Station Selection: 26

-K

This would be Awesome!!

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Finally got a chance to mess around with the new update on my 13. Found this in the Body Computer, anyone know what units it's looking for? Liters?3f87175e57cbe64096df016b9ac6807c.jpg

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Finally got a chance to mess around with the new update on my 13. Found this in the Body Computer, anyone know what units it's looking for? Liters?
3f87175e57cbe64096df016b9ac6807c.jpg

The BCM log I did with the new version earlier today shows it in liters.

Vehicle Config 3:
Fuel Capacity: 98 Liters

I have the 26 gallon tank, so that would be the correct equivalent in liters.

-K

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi everyone. Great Forum!

Found this site after being told by dealer service dept. I couldn't get DRLs because the truck wasn't equipped with the right wiring. Digging in with DuckDuckGo seemed to indicate they were completely wrong. Found several after market "ODB" mods, including OBD Genie. Didn't like the price on that, and kept digging - find this thread. BINGO! Dig some more, read as much as I can, bite the bullet, order the OBDLink MXBT, paid for AlphaOBD, and started playing. Got a couple of things working so I'm happy for the moment.

Anyway, found a setting in Alpha under Body Computer/Car Configuration Change/VehConfig2 - Off Road Capable. Turned it on. Next day while driving, truck went to "Aerodynamic" ride height per the EVIC, but I think it was actually riding higher than that (as if I had put in "Off Road 1" or "Off Road 2". Not sure as I couldn't really take measurements of bumper clearance to verify. Noted also that when slowed down, EVIC indicated "Normal Ride Height", but still seemed a little high. Stopped and parked, and put the gear in Park, it went to Areo mode, per the EVIC. Then when I pushed the button to put it in "Entry/Exit" and it took a lot longer for it to get there, and still seemed kind of higher than it should have been in that configuration.

So, the day after that, I turned off the same setting again, and everything is back to normal for the way the automatic ride height is supposed to be.

No concerns on this, but I figured someone might be interested in exploring this.

Thanks again for this great site!

V/R

BlackWolf