AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I do have the Cable. Changed the BCM settings to HID's. Previously TPMS Lowered and DRL's Activated. Set all back to stock.
Now that you’re set back to stock, do you still get the b2204 fault? Are you still getting all the abs and brake lights in the cluster? And also, if you look at your tire pressure screen, is it showing all dashes?

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have reset everything back to original BCM. Re installed Headlights and Tail Lights. Temp controls not as original and Theme settings not working at all. Funny how that all changed for me. Going to the Dealer on Tuesday for Diagnosis and Repair. TPMS Shows Pressures as set.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have reset everything back to original BCM. Re installed Headlights and Tail Lights. Temp controls not as original and Theme settings not working at all. Funny how that all changed for me. Going to the Dealer on Tuesday for Diagnosis and Repair. TPMS Shows Pressures as set.
In most cases the dealer can correct your truck by flashing the BCM. We had issues in the past with the AE tool changing codes and not being able to.put them back. Many of us had to have them reflashed and they went back to normal. You may want to mention that if the dealer seems to be struggling to figure out what to do. If the radio can't detect what brand vehicle it's in it will default to the Uconnect screen and you will lose your themes. The trucks with single zone A/C will show the temp with a red to blue bar as you described so it sounds like the radio is not picking up your HVAC configuration either. Does the auto button still function?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The auto does not function. Passenger does not either. Looks like time for a Re-Flash for me. Mine shows th Uconnect screen also.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The auto does not function. Passenger does not either. Looks like time for a Re-Flash for me. Mine shows th Uconnect screen also.
That's exactly what I thought it sounds like your truck is set to the single zone manual temperature setting in your HVAC configuration in your BCM. I know you have put everything back to stock but by chance did you check to see what your HVAC settings are set to with the alfa tool? It should be set to (Dual Zone ATC.) 6685344997ea0771a9c00421f20fdfb1.jpg343cb0adaf8e6d0f4c50c92ecbd1953c.jpg

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have not checked that out. Will have to do that on Monday when I return. Thank you for pointing that out!

bleyvajr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Installed VTA but it does not seem to take it. Does it have to sleep?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have not checked that out. Will have to do that on Monday when I return. Thank you for pointing that out!
Might be it you never know. The question would be why would it change? You may also want to check your vehicle brand and make sure it's set to Ram 2500 DJ I believe is what it's supposed to be. This is what your radio uses to detect what screen themes should be on your radio. Once again just a thought. I have no idea why these settings would be changed. ada00067be5b9f55a45faf1117457d96.jpg9bcebea2a4a0dc4b90a8c42de3468b51.jpg

bleyvajr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Installed VTA but it does not seem to take it. Does it have to sleep? Or is there more than just the BCM to activate?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Installed VTA but it does not seem to take it. Does it have to sleep? Or is there more than just the BCM to activate?
Usually you just need to set VTA present. And if you have a factory remote start set hood latch present as well. I have been able to enable it on a few trucks using the alfa tool a few months ago with no issues. All the trucks had remote start. I just tried to enable it on a 2015 1500 without remote start and it didn't work. Im pretty sure others have been able to enable the VTA without remote start but not sure. The code set pretty quickly on the other trucks I did.

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Re: VTA, On my 15 without factory remote start it did not appear to activate. The red indicator in the IC does not flash when the truck is locked. Everything was set (I think it was just one setting) last year after successfully activating DRL. I check it a few times in my logs but have not bothered to play with it any further.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@G. Mcpherson Since you have the originl config before changes, grab a shareable link to that one and a fresh copy of the config and either post them up or send to my inbox. I'll run a comparison for you to see what all the differences.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Usually you just need to set VTA present. And if you have a factory remote start set hood latch present as well. I have been able to enable it on a few trucks using the alfa tool a few months ago with no issues. All the trucks had remote start. I just tried to enable it on a 2015 1500 without remote start and it didn't work. Im pretty sure others have been able to enable the VTA without remote start but not sure. The code set pretty quickly on the other trucks I did.

I was able to activate it on my '14 1500 which does not have remote start.

These are my settings: (The highlighted bits were my observations from reviewing BCM files, not part of the settings)

Control-VTA Indicator Request: Yes
VTA Warning LED Output Present: Set
VTA System Present: VTA
Automatic VTA Arming: Not set (2014 only)
Vehicle Theft Alarm Present: Not set (2014 & 2015 only)
Sense-Hood Ajar Switch: No
Hood Ajar Switch Input Present: Not set

-K

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all I just picked up a 2013 ram big horn 1 owner.
It has almost every option including remote start factory.
When I arm lock doors I see no red flashing light on dash and if I upen doors after 60 seconds no alarm goes off.

So I see here with this ALphaOBD and module some have activated their alarm.

If someone has done this can you enlighten me or some who might want to do this.

How was this done and was it easy.

I went to local Sound place today and he cant believe that the alarm does not work with all the options it has.

This is a Big Horn 2013 moon- roof remote- start Alpine sound system 8.3- electric rear slider window
dual heat climate control and more.

Please chime in with some info
thanks

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I arm lock doors I see no red flashing light on dash and if I upen doors after 60 seconds no alarm goes off.

If someone has done this can you enlighten me or some who might want to do this.

I went to local Sound place today and he cant believe that the alarm does not work with all the options it has.

This is a Big Horn 2013 moon- roof remote- start Alpine sound system 8.3- electric rear slider window

thanks

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

thanks
Yrs you can enable the alarm with the tool. It's actually posted in the beginning of the thread in known codes. It's also mentioned a few posts above this one. I have never seen a Bighorn with a Moonroof or the 8.4 Alpine 10 speaker system. To the best of my knowledge these options weren't available on the Bighorn and only available in the higher trim levels . You could get the Bighorn with the standard 8.4 system. Also I have never seen a 2013 Bighorn with the Dual Zone Climate control. It wasn't an option on the Bighorn until later. If your truck is a 13 Bighorn and has these options then you definitely have a unicorn.

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well its a Big Horn with the 8.3 radio and Moon roof and electric rear slider and auto fold side mirrors.

Im interested in the alarm to have it work on the truck.

So if I buy the obd module and the AlphaOBD for android is it all menu driven or is there some funky way it has to be done.

Also I dont own a android phone so it this available for a windows laptop with blue tooth?

thanks for the reply

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well its a Big Horn with the 8.3 radio and Moon roof and electric rear slider and auto fold side mirrors.

Im interested in the alarm to have it work on the truck.

So if I buy the obd module and the AlphaOBD for android is it all menu driven or is there some funky way it has to be done.

Also I dont own a android phone so it this available for a windows laptop with blue tooth?

thanks for the reply

Yes it’ll work with Windows laptop over Bluetooth. Highly recommend the OBDLink Bluetooth MX.

And I’m pretty sure other ‘13s have enabled VTA on their Rams. Known working code doc and simple to do. If you go this route please read the OP and follow all the steps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vweaver

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Alright, here's a question. Can this method be used to turn DRL's OFF? I just found out my truck was originally owned in Canada (used dealership didn't tell me that...surprise!), where DRL's are mandatory. Sounds straightforward, but nothing about vehicles are anymore...