AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gapi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
2013 Charger, enabled Sport Mode, Performance Pages, moved DRL's to turn signals, fogs on with High beam. Enabled installed reverse cam and door dimming mirror.

ImaginThat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2013 Charger, enabled Sport Mode, Performance Pages, moved DRL's to turn signals, fogs on with High beam. Enabled installed reverse cam and door dimming mirror.
Sweet, sounds like just about anything you could want to add or mod can be unlocked.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Clifford 15

are you saying it was not there after you read your bcm dump or you missed seeing it?

dss56, I tried to activate the VTA last September with an earlier version of AlfaOBD and I did not see that particular setting. In the new version the setting is: LIN and Misc-VTA System Present:Not set (my current setting). I will change it to VTA tomorrow to see what happens.

EDIT> Went out at 6:30 am to change "LIN and Misc-VTA System Present:". The actual setting was "No Security". Changed to "VTA" and now the red LED blinks as it should.

Now I need to figure out how to properly use the LOG update because it seems like I get the same log uploaded to G-Drive all the time. I will delete the current file in my Android device and see if I can get a new log with the current settings.

Last edited:

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
dss56, I tried to activate the VTA last September with an earlier version of AlfaOBD and I did not see that particular setting. In the new version the setting is: LIN and Misc-VTA System Present:Not set (my current setting). I will change it to VTA tomorrow to see what happens.

EDIT> Went out at 6:30 am to change "LIN and Misc-VTA System Present:". The actual setting was "No Security". Changed to "VTA" and now the red LED blinks as it should.

Now I need to figure out how to properly use the LOG update because it seems like I get the same log uploaded to G-Drive all the time. I will delete the current file in my Android device and see if I can get a new log with the current settings.

Before you delete it, scroll to the bottom of it. The log is a continually expanding file, all the new entries are just added to the bottom. It is not overwritten or re-created each time. (unless you actually do delete it, in which case it will be re-created)

-K

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Before you delete it, scroll to the bottom of it. The log is a continually expanding file, all the new entries are just added to the bottom. It is not overwritten or re-created each time. (unless you actually do delete it, in which case it will be re-created)

-K

This. It's a pain but it's good practice to compare current and post logs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
It is supposed to append but it doesn't seem to. Now it might be that I am not doing something correctly to save the updated file or maybe I have not set up my tablet correctly. I like the tablet for convenience but it is taking some getting used to. I have all of my previous tablet files saved and dated so I can go back. Plus I have a complete log on my PC. I have both Android and PC AlfaOBD.

EDIT> I checked the file sizes of today's dump and past files and it is larger. Each file is progressively larger so the log is working correctly. One less thing to be concerned with.

Last edited:

Hookie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Just want to Thank all that have been in this thread. I have read darn near every post, all 600 pages and absorbed a ton of information. I bought AlfaOBD a OBDLink MX and a couple of KeyLessOption FOB's from Amazon and in about 5 minutes had 2 spare working FOBs for under $200.

Have some ideas of other mods to the Ram and will also look into what can be done on the Charger too :)

I also have read all of his thread but my brain just will not absorb all of it. Do the FOBs you bought actually start and remote start the truck as well?
Will you send me the link to the FOBs you purchased?

ImaginThat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Richmond2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I read on a charger forum that police vehicle lighting allows dimming the dash to full off BUT messes with the door locks
I tried it on my 2014 ram and it does ALLOW full dimming of the interior lights except the RA2 radio will not go full off
door locks still work but you hear a relay click 4 times / exterior lighting stays the same
I reverted the setting back to "no" and the truck reverted back to normal

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ghost_RAM

Hi

I was hoping you or someone could further help me get this right.

I did purchase the AlfaOBD for pc and have it activated.
I should have the obd reader tomorrow by the tracking #

I need to know how to log or save my complete INFO if something happens making changes.

As I have posted Im only interested in 1 change adding the VAT alarm function.

I have a 2013 Ram Big horn with most every option remote start-moon roof-auto folding mirrors Alpine Stereo 8.3>uConnect>911 assist>Backup camera>and more.

Again just the alarm I want to activate.

Again thanks to all who have chimed in on my specific post with replies.

I thought having the info I need pre-hand would help me get ready.

thanks Bob in Boston Ma.

Last edited:

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
How can I confirm the dealer gave me the correct pin code I would need if I ever change tire size? They didn't write anything down or print anything off just gave me the code

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
How can I confirm the dealer gave me the correct pin code I would need if I ever change tire size? They didn't write anything down or print anything off just gave me the code
Program your current key fob. It’ll come up as “failed, fob already programmed”, but if you get that far then you know the PIN is correct.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ghost_RAM

Hi

I was hoping you or someone could further help me get this right.

I did purchase the AlfaOBD for pc and have it activated.
I should have the obd reader tomorrow by the tracking #

I need to know how to log or save my complete INFO if something happens making changes.

As I have posted Im only interested in 1 change adding the VAT alarm function.

I have a 2013 Ram Big horn with most every option remote start-moon roof-auto folding mirrors Alpine Stereo 8.3>uConnect>911 assist>Backup camera>and more.

Again just the alarm I want to activate.

Again thanks to all who have chimed in on my specific post with replies.

I thought having the info I need pre-hand would help me get ready.

thanks Bob in Boston Ma.
Dude you have been told over and over and over, go to the first post and click on the words “known working list” there are step by step directions. It only makes the thread longer when you keep asking the same question over and over and adds no value to those who are reading this.

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey DUUUUUDE

I directed this to Ghost_RAM as he asked me to contact him and he would help me. Is that ok with you.

And I did read just need to make sure, is that a crime on here to ask
Sorry if you know it all as I don't.

So you dont have to answer my post any more if they bother you just log out or ignore my post.
Ok DUUUUUde

STecoD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Crew Cab Tradesman
Engine
3.0L Diesel
Dude you have been told over and over and over, go to the first post and click on the words “known working list” there are step by step directions. It only makes the thread longer when you keep asking the same question over and over and adds no value to those who are reading this.

Some people don’t know how to private message so they don’t look like a fool. Just let him be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey DUUUUUDE

I directed this to Ghost_RAM as he asked me to contact him and he would help me. Is that ok with you.

And I did read just need to make sure, is that a crime on here to ask
Sorry if you know it all as I don't.

So you dont have to answer my post any more if they bother you just log out or ignore my post.
Ok DUUUUUde
Click on his name and send him a message it’s that simple.

I’m not an admin but people use this thread to find out how to use the tool and it’s at this point 600 pages long, it helps nothing when you continually ask the very same question multiple times, the great people on this thread have given you the answer multiple times. If you need/want help from an individual then use the messaging system, it’s there for a reason.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lmao...everyone just calm down. @dss56 Click on my avatar (picture of my truck), then click on "start a conversation". From there it will open a conversation with me directly. Give me some time and I will give you a bit of a walk-thru which is outlined in the OP (post #1) of this thread.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I know I have said this 100 times already but Alfa REALLY needs it's own section to separate all this mess out. Trying to walk individuals through step by step and 10 other people posting about different things all at the same time is just turning this into a frustrating mess. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

@Shaggy @MADDOG Can we get a section for Alfa?? Pretty please!

Rant over for today. :favorites13:

bleyvajr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was able to activate it on my '14 1500 which does not have remote start.

These are my settings: (The highlighted bits were my observations from reviewing BCM files, not part of the settings)

Control-VTA Indicator Request: Yes
VTA Warning LED Output Present: Set
VTA System Present: VTA
Automatic VTA Arming: Not set (2014 only)
Vehicle Theft Alarm Present: Not set (2014 & 2015 only)
Sense-Hood Ajar Switch: No
Hood Ajar Switch Input Present: Not set

This is the correct way i just confirmed on a 2015 Ram 2500 6.7 THX