AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ralph Bucci

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Does anyone know how to get the mirror turn signal lights to become running lights when my headlights are turned on? I can’t seem to find any setting to change that feature.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know how to get the mirror turn signal lights to become running lights when my headlights are turned on? I can’t seem to find any setting to change that feature.
We have tried all the settings with the alfa tool and have been unsuccessful so far.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mrmagoolin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I've read through quite a few of the pages. Last night I calibrated my speedometer. Fortunately with success.
Is there a setting to disable tpms, I see where the threshold is. I need 3 sensors for the truck and just don't care about the feature so I don't feel like buying new ones.
Also can I disable the rear bumper parking sensors?
I have not tried it but I think that you can change the TPMS from the base system which is the one you have to the premium system which just shows the value of the sensors with no alarms like the 3500 have. I have thought about trying it but I like the idea that it will at least beep at me if the tires get to low. I see why you would not want that.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I have not tried it but I think that you can change the TPMS from the base system which is the one you have to the premium system which just shows the value of the sensors with no alarms like the 3500 have. I have thought about trying it but I like the idea that it will at least beep at me if the tires get to low. I see why you would not want that.

I'm 99% sure you van change it to the base line system(forget what it's called in alphaobd) a bunch of people on cumminsforum have changed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
No. We enabled it but there was no change. We still could not add addresses manually while the vehicle was in motion. We tested it in a 2014 and a 2015.

I've tested it on a 2016 Radio as well, did not work there either. I believe what's happened is that the radio firmware has been changed to not even look at that BCM setting, so changing it makes no difference.

-K

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

There is no setting for that, the concept has been extensively researched, there's just no provision for it on our trucks. The only way to do it is with a wiring kit that a number of different companies sell for prices ranging from $20 - $50. All require splicing wires.

-K

Mrmagoolin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I'm 99% sure you van change it to the base line system(forget what it's called in alphaobd) a bunch of people on cumminsforum have changed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It is under VehConfig 3 Base TPM system present or Premium TPM system present.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, although I can't find VehConfig 3. I don't see it under tire control or body computer.

Haven’t looked myself but are you connected to the truck while looking. A lot of settings will not show unless connected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mrmagoolin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
i'm not. i'm sitting at work looking at the app.
Body computer - Select your control unit (truck year) - Active diagnostics (car with hood up) - select procedure to start choose at the bottom "car configuration change" - Select option - scroll to VehConfig 3 Find the base and premium selections. They are close to VehConfig 4. These show up even if not connected to truck.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone have this problem or know of anyone I’ve tried enable hid and also led
I had that issue and it had nothing to do with the truck or alfa, it was a bad igniter on the HID, for HID you should only enable Hight Intesity Discharge and leave the rest of the settings alone.

malsup83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Been reading a lot about alphaobd today cause I need to update my tire size.
I see that everybody uses the obdlink mx. Are there any others our there that work. I'm guessing this one is the best. Just curious.
A little late but I got the cheapest one on ebay that was elm 327 and it works well.

ImaginThat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes it should appear under the lights section in your settings menu. b64c5afb9a78c7641531aa3dbb83936c.jpg

Just to keep straight the DRL in question is a Canada truck, as mine is. I did get the option to show in my screen adding it to the CSM menu, but check/no check does not turn off the DRL. In comparing some BCM's I noticed that under CBC Config that my Canada truck has

DRL Configuration: Canada DRL
DRL Lamp Location: Dedicated
DRL Dropout Enable: Set

And a 2015 in the BCM google drive I'm comparing to has

DRL Configuration: Optional DRL
DRL Lamp Location: Turn Signal DRL
DRL Dropout Enable: Not set

So I'm thinking there is the Canada option that keeps from allowing complete control, will try when I get home.

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Update on my Issue: Had all of my screen controls along with ABS, Traction Control,and Brake light on Position after installing LED Tail lights and Projector Headlights for HID's. Was able to set everything back to stock and went to the Dealer today. Got it all sorted and they could not find out what the issue was. My Radio did not come back to Original settings for operation and they told me they are ordering a New Radio. Later today I started my truck and moved it into the Garage and went to see if I could change a couple settings on the Screen. Lo and Behold All of my Temp and Audio Controls came Back to Factory settings. I am going to have them install the New Radio when it arrives anyway. Thanks to everyone who had input and suggestions to help.

kylant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Yes it should appear under the lights section in your settings menu. b64c5afb9a78c7641531aa3dbb83936c.jpg

i got it figured out.

it appeared that the enable DRL setting under Program Customer Features did not take.
I went back under Program Customer Features, Daytime Running Lamps, selected enable and then start.

after that, I have the DRL setting under lighting on my screen

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Update on my Issue: Had all of my screen controls along with ABS, Traction Control,and Brake light on Position after installing LED Tail lights and Projector Headlights for HID's. Was able to set everything back to stock and went to the Dealer today. Got it all sorted and they could not find out what the issue was. My Radio did not come back to Original settings for operation and they told me they are ordering a New Radio. Later today I started my truck and moved it into the Garage and went to see if I could change a couple settings on the Screen. Lo and Behold All of my Temp and Audio Controls came Back to Factory settings. I am going to have them install the New Radio when it arrives anyway. Thanks to everyone who had input and suggestions to help.
I have seen this happen in the past. Sometimes it takes several key cycles for the radio to catch up with the truck. This is especially common on the UAS and UAQ equipped trucks. Your radio is most likely fine and just needed to have time to read the BCM changes. In any case congratulations that it's all working correctly now