AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
yes hid is set to yes
Do you think it will take a few key cycles or should it be immediately?

G2 with Hikari ultras both how and lo beam. Morimoto replacement vertical led fogs. Did the door set up to rod turn signal error but this parking light error just won’t go away

With led low/high beam set to no, did you get a error message on those? Or only the parking lights

Just to verify.

VehConfig 3 HID lamps > YES
CBC FEATURES-LED Front Turn Lamps > YES
CBC FEATURES-LED Front Park/Turn > No
CBC FEATURES-LED Low Beams > No
CBC FEATURES-LED High Beams > No
CBC Extern.Light Right/Left Low Beam > 12.2v
CBC Extern.Light Right/Left Front Corner > 12.2v

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

r84boomer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie 4X4
With led low/high beam set to no, did you get a error message on those? Or only the parking lights

Just to verify.

VehConfig 3 HID lamps > YES
CBC FEATURES-LED Front Turn Lamps > YES
CBC FEATURES-LED Front Park/Turn > No
CBC FEATURES-LED Low Beams > No
CBC FEATURES-LED High Beams > No
CBC Extern.Light Right/Left Low Beam > 12.2v
CBC Extern.Light Right/Left Front Corner > 12.2v

hell yeah I think that may have fixed it. I had everything set as above except voltage change for low beams. Once I did that and cleared codes they did not immediately come back with headlights on. Thank you very much. Will keep updated if problem returns.

Frank Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so here is something i found on my win10 laptop.. try using the software that came with, or downloadable for the MX+ Mine would connect even though it didn't show as a connected device.. it was a bit strange for me to grab onto. Make sure its a connected device, not necessarily "connected" but is listed in your devices. then open up the software, it should work, it did for me.

I can connect to the MX+ via the s/w that came with the MX+. No problem. I can see the live display with the mph and tach gauge, etc. Works everytime without issue.

Besides what I said above about trying to use the AlfaOBD with multiple Com ports to no avail, I disconnected and re-connected, physically, the MX+ to see if that would work. Nope.

I was going to uninstall the s/w and re-install on a different windows computer, but that is not an option it seems. Once you install the AlfaOBD s/w, that's all you get. I guess if it fails or faults, your just out of luck.

I'm going to see if I can find some other s/w that might work. I know some have said it works fine on an Android, but I'm not going to go buy another O/S just to fix the developers problem. Doesn't seem like the right thing to do.

Glad it works for you but I guess that just because it is marketed as working on windows, doesn't mean it works on all windows devices.

Thanks

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
@Frank Smith
I have both windows and android versions. I had a connectivity issue early on with the windows version and got help here on the Forum. I had the option of over a dozen Com ports and while I don't know **** about computers everyone here told me to try connecting by trying a different port. You said you're running windows but mentioned a tablet with a few Com ports, I run it on a laptop.
I will tell you with almost all certainty that if you purchased the app from Alexy and you need to install it on a different device that you own, Alexy will more than likely work with you on a transfer solution. He is the best and was really helpful when I had an update issue.

TacomaRam13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yay. Got my key code so I can program wine m some new fobs and deal with my tire pressure settings. Parts guy didn't even blink when I asked for it. Just said don't lose it

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
@ Frank Smith so when you got the app did you get an authorization code and what version does it say in the upper left corner? Are you clicking on body control module?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frank Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got the activation code and the s/w version is showing as : 2.1.5.0
Trying the Body Computer for the "Function" along with the "Brand" being Dodge/RAM and the Model being RAM 1500(DS/DX)

Any other ideas?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I tried installing HIDs in my fogs today. They blinked 3 times then quit. I have them on 35 watt ballasts with no relay.
In Alfa I turned the LED Fogs on

Any help would be appreciated

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I tried installing HIDs in my fogs today. They blinked 3 times then quit. I have them on 35 watt ballasts with no relay.
In Alfa I turned the LED Fogs on

Any help would be appreciated

What hid's are you using

jimlmackjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Just got my OBD & Alpha obd app

So I installed overhead console with garage door but the button do nothing.

So.....
Is there a setting I can turn on thought the Alpha app to make them work

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Those ballast look different than what comes with the Innovited hid kit. But still should work. I couldn't find any other settings that relate to fogs. I was hoping to see a voltage adjustment.

Those look like a knockoff version of the ones I have (is that a plastic ballast case?)
I’m guessing the startup current is unstable and too great for the fog lamp circuits, and the bcm is shutting them down to protect itself.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Those look like a knockoff version of the ones I have (is that a plastic ballast case?)
I’m guessing the startup current is unstable and too great for the fog lamp circuits, and the bcm is shutting them down to protect itself.
It's a metal case. Thought I was buying something good. At this point I'm ready to return the bulbs and ballasts. Start over. What is recommended to work that is less than $100 a set?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
It's a metal case. Thought I was buying something good. At this point I'm ready to return the bulbs and ballasts. Start over. What is recommended to work that is less than $100 a set?
The Innovited packaged set has worked well for me...

Innovited 35W AC Xenon HID Lights"All Bulb Sizes and Colors" with Slim Ballast - H7-5000K - Prue White - 2 Year Warranty https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07NCQFKQ8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_JVS.DbZFHX0HZ

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What setup do you have?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Those ballast look different than what comes with the Innovited hid kit. But still should work. I couldn't find any other settings that relate to fogs. I was hoping to see a voltage adjustment.

What setup are you running?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat