AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I’m in some serious need of help guys!
2015 Dodge Ram. Purchased a 2013 7” Evic to swap. Odometer, idle and hours will not change no matter what I do. I tried different versions of alfaobd and no luck. Currently using an android phone and a veepeak obd. Any help would be much appreciated!

Try using the recommended Scantool MX or MX+ OBD dongle. This thread has a number of cases where using this OBD dongle solved the issue. Also, I put a 7" EVIC back in July 2018 and used AlphaOBD version 2.1.7.3 running on a Galaxy S7 with the Scantool MX dongle. Changing the hours and mileage worked the first time. I think there is a post by Lawsuit11 in this thread that lists the procedure.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I’m in some serious need of help guys!
2015 Dodge Ram. Purchased a 2013 7” Evic to swap. Odometer, idle and hours will not change no matter what I do. I tried different versions of alfaobd and no luck. Currently using an android phone and a veepeak obd. Any help would be much appreciated!

alphaobd has been hit or miss on changing mileage and hours. I would definitely recommend using the obdlink mx, that may solve your problem. Not all obd2 readers are the same. Most can read and send a signal but some changes require the reader to receive and change pins. The veepeak can handle simple changes but most likely is unable to process more complicated tasks

Well I did post about this a bit ago and still can not find it...I can not find the odometer correction in the app anywhere...I found engine hours and idle hours but where the odometer correction is supposed to be it is not...was told that the earlier version you could not change it but it looks like the app was updated in NOV. I have watched multiple vids on it and it's just not on the app...is there anything you could think of to do to update the app or ????

What obd2 reader are you using? Are you using android or windows version?

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

2019ram150057

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
does and one know what the difference is between the obd mx and the obd lx

txfire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Question for the masses...this is for a 19 Classic 1500. I know for my 18 2500, I had to purchase a special OBD security bypass adapter that had the 2 plugs for the starcan ports...does this adapter have to be used on the 19 classic or no? I tried it and got connected but when making changes, it kept losing connection. When I remembered the harness, I looked under the dash of the 1500 and it only has 1 port strip, where my 2500 had 2.

Do I even need it and if so, do I plug in the extra port under the dash? I am using the MX+ bluetooth OBD plug also.

Thanks for any help!!

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Crew Cab
Engine
Question for the masses...this is for a 19 Classic 1500. I know for my 18 2500, I had to purchase a special OBD security bypass adapter that had the 2 plugs for the starcan ports...does this adapter have to be used on the 19 classic or no? I tried it and got connected but when making changes, it kept losing connection. When I remembered the harness, I looked under the dash of the 1500 and it only has 1 port strip, where my 2500 had 2.

Do I even need it and if so, do I plug in the extra port under the dash? I am using the MX+ bluetooth OBD plug also.

Thanks for any help!!

You do need the Security Adapter for the 20019 RAM 1500 Classic.
The Security Adapter provides an OBD Port to replace the existing Port when the Security Adapter is plugged into the the original OBD Port.
Simple installation. The hardest part for me was finding the Starcan Ports.

RodeoGeorge

Sdpadrez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
alphaobd has been hit or miss on changing mileage and hours. I would definitely recommend using the obdlink mx, that may solve your problem. Not all obd2 readers are the same. Most can read and send a signal but some changes require the reader to receive and change pins. The veepeak can handle simple changes but most likely is unable to process more complicated tasks

I have an mxlink coming from amazon today. So crossing my fingers that helps!

I’m currently using the android version

Sdpadrez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Also can anyone confirm this. Have there been users who have used an obd reader other than MXLink and have found success?

Sdpadrez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Try using the recommended Scantool MX or MX+ OBD dongle. This thread has a number of cases where using this OBD dongle solved the issue. Also, I put a 7" EVIC back in July 2018 and used AlphaOBD version 2.1.7.3 running on a Galaxy S7 with the Scantool MX dongle. Changing the hours and mileage worked the first time. I think there is a post by Lawsuit11 in this thread that lists the procedure.
Chri5k, Thanks for the tip! I have an MXLink on its way today. Does it matter that its not an MX+?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins

To make simple changes I have used a cheap ebay elm327 and a veepeak obd2 reader. But when I never tested them for anything else. But it is recommended that you use the obdlink mx.

Sdpadrez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To make simple changes I have used a cheap ebay elm327 and a veepeak obd2 reader. But when I never tested them for anything else. But it is recommended that you use the obdlink mx.

I will keep yall updated! Thanks for all the responses!

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Chri5k, Thanks for the tip! I have an MXLink on its way today. Does it matter that its not an MX+?

Mx+ has additional iOS support but that doesn't matter since alphaobd is android and windows only

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Thanks for any help!!
You do need a security bypass but the 1500 uses a different CAN connector that the 2500. You will need to order a bypass for a 1500. That's why it specifies which model you have when you order it. da8190780e4cfe17646eedf967fb7ca6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2019ram150057

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone had success with doing the key fob program baseline and if so how long did it take to program the key fob

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jeff Krawczyk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I have the obd2 mx and use a spare android tablet for alpaha

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I have the obd2 mx and use a spare android tablet for alpaha

Try reinstalling alphaobd. As I stated before alphaobd has been hit or miss lately with mileage correction