AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an ECU mismatch error B2204. I had my ECU sent to hemituner performance to get it modified from an 09 to a 10 for the Greene cam thump install.

Now I have this code. I switched the truck from Canada to USA and added DRL’s. I want to go and put everything back and reset the BCM but not sure how to do that completely.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have an ECU mismatch error B2204. I had my ECU sent to hemituner performance to get it modified from an 09 to a 10 for the Greene cam thump install.

Now I have this code. I switched the truck from Canada to USA and added DRL’s. I want to go and put everything back and reset the BCM but not sure how to do that completely.

Any thoughts?

It’s probably because your VIN wasn’t updated to the modified PCM. I’d imagine most guys that do this with tunes have this fault stored in their BCM, and just don’t know it because a regular code reader won’t pull it up.

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It’s probably because your VIN wasn’t updated to the modified PCM. I’d imagine most guys that do this with tunes have this fault stored in their BCM, and just don’t know it because a regular code reader won’t pull it up.

I will try to find all areas where my vin is in the programming and make sure it is all that same and updated. Thanks!!

Syciu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can you upload your BCM configuration to google drive and post it here? It’ll be easier to figure this out if I can see you current settings as a whole. Also, what are the fault codes stored in the BCM, and what bulb error message does it say on the cluster screen?

I enclose the BCM report and photos of errors in the subject of the rear direction indicators.
I still have a question about one topic - the parking sensors at the back - work properly but after choosing the D gear and moving the car receives a signal and the Service of rear sensors is displayed and the indicator light next to the switch lights up - is this normal or look for a reason somewhere? There are no errors in the computer. Photos combined.
Another topic is often the lighting up error right rear brake light even though it works - I brake the brake and the error disappears - what's going on?
The last thing - after coding the DRL lights work great but I have a problem with the left position light - lights up only when the position light switch is set - in any other option only the left front light is off - when starting from the remote control, when the dipped headlights go on, etc. when I turn on typical positional it works - no idea.
Raport:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12rHK8Ui4lXA2-DDwYE8gC6ULz4Qc3gDO/view?usp=sharing
Photos:
https://ibb.co/nLSXLhc
https://ibb.co/dBJdsdq
https://ibb.co/NWT2Mdg
https://ibb.co/wrqgmpG

Attachments

• ram en.txt
    30.4 KB · Views: 5

RLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok thanks very much for the insight. I have used the alpha for a few things now. Without issue. Thank goodness. But yes I did download the Bcm beforehand.i will be changing the tire size next and I want to figure out how to activate the cd/dvd for my uconnect so I can install an Apple TV. Any info is appreciated.

RLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I did mine and didn't have any issues but I know some people have reported that they did. Im not sure if they typed in the size incorrectly or possibly did something else wrong orcif it was a problem with the tool. I highly reccomend downloading you BCM configuration before you start if you haven't already. I used one of the stock configurations for my 35/12.5/20 Toyo All Terrain Extreme tires. I used the factory setting for the Toyo 35/12.5/18 and it's pretty close. A friend of mine programmed his by entering the correct tire diameter and he didn't have any issue with his either.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I did mine and didn't have any issues but I know some people have reported that they did. Im not sure if they typed in the size incorrectly or possibly did something else wrong orcif it was a problem with the tool. I highly reccomend downloading you BCM configuration before you start if you haven't already. I used one of the stock configurations for my 35/12.5/20 Toyo All Terrain Extreme tires. I used the factory setting for the Toyo 35/12.5/18 and it's pretty close. A friend of mine programmed his by entering the correct tire diameter and he didn't have any issue with his either.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Great thanks again.

Syciu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
can you somehow turn off error checking bulbs etc? refer to turn signals and stop?

Mothbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I have a 2019 Ram Classic, I'm assuming I would just enter it as a 2018 when connecting? Second question, I had an aftermarket remote start installed and they said they had to install a security bypass, does that mean I don't need one? Or is it a separate bypass than the obd2 port

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I enclose the BCM report and photos of errors in the subject of the rear direction indicators.
I still have a question about one topic - the parking sensors at the back - work properly but after choosing the D gear and moving the car receives a signal and the Service of rear sensors is displayed and the indicator light next to the switch lights up - is this normal or look for a reason somewhere? There are no errors in the computer. Photos combined.
Another topic is often the lighting up error right rear brake light even though it works - I brake the brake and the error disappears - what's going on?
The last thing - after coding the DRL lights work great but I have a problem with the left position light - lights up only when the position light switch is set - in any other option only the left front light is off - when starting from the remote control, when the dipped headlights go on, etc. when I turn on typical positional it works - no idea.
Raport:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12rHK8Ui4lXA2-DDwYE8gC6ULz4Qc3gDO/view?usp=sharing
Photos:
https://ibb.co/nLSXLhc
https://ibb.co/dBJdsdq
https://ibb.co/NWT2Mdg
https://ibb.co/wrqgmpG
Try these two changes-

CBC I/O Usage- left rear door ajar switch usage- disable

CBC I/O Usage- right rear door ajar switch usage- disable

kohersh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone know how to change the threshold for auto activation (comfort) of the heated/vented seats, etc?
Ie. turn on ventilated seats if temp =X...would be cool to change X or increase the ventilated speed form 1-2

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Anyone know how to change the threshold for auto activation (comfort) of the heated/vented seats, etc?
Ie. turn on ventilated seats if temp =X...would be cool to change X or increase the ventilated speed form 1-2

The enable temperature setpoint is not changeable. The Heating turns on below 40°F and the Cooling above 80°F based on the temperature reading from the driver's side mirror.

kohersh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The enable temperature setpoint is not changeable. The Heating turns on below 40°F and the Cooling above 80°F based on the temperature reading from the driver's side mirror.
cool appreciate the explanation!

Richmond2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yes enable trailer tow mirrors equipped it is one option I believe under "doors" or such IF I recall I did mine a year ago

Doors Configuration:
Global Up: Set
Global Down: Set
Sun Shade: Not set
Puddle Lamp Present: Set
Rear Door pre short drop behavior: Not set
Folding mirrors present: Set
Heated Mirrors: Set
Mirror turn signals present: Set
Driver Memory Mirrors Present: Set
Passenger Memory Mirror Present: Set
Electro-chromatic driver mirror present: Set
Electro-chromatic passenger mirror present: Set
Tow Mirror Present: Set
upd
Even with the Trail Ridge aftermarket mirrors?
yes I have cheap "AMAZON" tow mirrors and they do work with "Tow Mirror Present: Set"

Syciu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Try these two changes-

CBC I/O Usage- left rear door ajar switch usage- disable

CBC I/O Usage- right rear door ajar switch usage- disable

Hi
Thank you for your help - it works great so far - I have a question - by setting these options to Disable, I only turn off the lamp diagnostics on the back or something else is turned off?
In the left lamp option I saw the option - Rear Tail Lamp DTC Disable - but I set as you wrote the option Disable - does it make a difference?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hi
Thank you for your help - it works great so far - I have a question - by setting these options to Disable, I only turn off the lamp diagnostics on the back or something else is turned off?
In the left lamp option I saw the option - Rear Tail Lamp DTC Disable - but I set as you wrote the option Disable - does it make a difference?
It’s the disable option. That is the setting for trucks with incandescent tail lights. You will still get a warning when a bulb is actually out. That setting just makes the BCM more sensitive to different types of bulbs, so it’s looking for something specific to the factory LED array specs.

Syciu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It’s the disable option. That is the setting for trucks with incandescent tail lights. You will still get a warning when a bulb is actually out. That setting just makes the BCM more sensitive to different types of bulbs, so it’s looking for something specific to the factory LED array specs.

Again thank you very much.
I will let you know how something would change.
And this Rear Tail Lamp DTC Disable option - what does it concern? Because it's only in the Left Door Ajar Usage function. There is no right when I expand the list.

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine
Isn't a new upload of "fault and status log" supposed to show changes made??? Mine shows original... how do I keep track of changes to see if they "took" or not???

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

diboblo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Isn't a new upload of "fault and status log" supposed to show changes made??? Mine shows original... how do I keep track of changes to see if they "took" or not???

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
Download your BCM before and after and use Notepad++ to compare.

Bob