AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
just didn’t want to have to pay twice for the software ...
Once you pay for the app on Android, it's tied to that Gmail account, you can put it on multiple devices. You just have to sign in with that account on the device you want to use it on.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I thought the golden rule with this software was to save to google drive before doing anything.
As long as you save the file, whether it's on the device or Google Drive. Once it's on Google Drive you can access it from any device you have signed into you Gmail account on

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Once you pay for the app on Android, it's tied to that Gmail account, you can put it on multiple devices. You just have to sign in with that account on the device you want to use it on.
That's where I was headed with that last question lol
What about Pc though? I would hope that you can login and get the download again or something?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
What about Pc though? I would hope that you can login and get the download again or something?
I think with the PC version you get a license file but I'm not sure it can be installed on multiple machines like Android.

Scar1331

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you have the Android version or Pc version? I have it on multiple devices through Android and only bought it once.
I had it on a droid all I need to do is change my toms to 40 all around...

Anyone in north Dallas like frisco or prosper I could meet ..

it’s the only change I need

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had it on a droid all I need to do is change my toms to 40 all around...

Anyone in north Dallas like frisco or prosper I could meet ..

it’s the only change I need

You are good then! Just login to an android device using the same gmail account that you originally bought the app in. Once logged in, go to the play store and look under my apps and games and you should see it listed under library as a purchased app. Or just search the play store for alfa again and it will give you the install option rather than the buy option.

Any android device should work. Tablet, phone whatever

Last edited:

Scar1331

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You are good then! Just login to an android device using the same gmail account that you originally bought the app in. Once logged in, go to the play store and look under my apps and games and you should see it listed under library as a purchased app. Or just search the play store for alfa again and it will give you the install option rather than the buy option.

Any android device should work. Tablet, phone whatever
Hell man that was over a year ago !!!

lol no way I’ll remember that hahaha

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hell man that was over a year ago !!!

lol no way I’ll remember that hahaha

How many google accounts do you have lol? Use the account recovery tools and you'll figure it out. Go to gmail.com and try to login and it'll help you.

I haven't typed a password into one of my google accounts for like a year because I never needed it and completely forgot the login. Recovery got me back into the account in like a minute.

AE5548

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I made an easy to follow step-by-step video on this. Hope this helps answer any questions you have. And welcome to the Forum!

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

I just installed Alpharex Nova headlights with built in LED Parking light/Turn Signals on my 18' 1500. Low and behold i get the "Parking light out" message on the EVIC on startup. I followed your video step by step and changed my parking lights to LED and then took the key out and after waiting 5 minutes went back in and changed the turn signals to LED. But i'm still getting the "Parking light out" message. Does that fault need to be cleared manually? or is it supposed to clear on its own once it doesn't detect the issue any more?

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just installed Alpharex Nova headlights with built in LED Parking light/Turn Signals on my 18' 1500. Low and behold i get the "Parking light out" message on the EVIC on startup. I followed your video step by step and changed my parking lights to LED and then took the key out and after waiting 5 minutes went back in and changed the turn signals to LED. But i'm still getting the "Parking light out" message. Does that fault need to be cleared manually? or is it supposed to clear on its own once it doesn't detect the issue any more?
It will eventually clear. You may have to cycle the truck on and off a few times.
But there's no harm in clearing the faults either.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

AE5548

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My apologies if this has already been asked, i looked and couldn't find an answer. The new headlights i installed are LED and they came with built in resistors so i'm getting no faults or flickers which is great. The same goes for LED taillights i got. That being said, should i still go into AlfaOBD and change them to LED? Will it hurt anything? If i do does that mean i have to remove the resistors that are built into the LED headlights and taillights? If they were external i would. But i'd rather not dissect the housings to get them out if theirs no reason to. But if the computer doesn't know i have LED's does it make sense to change the settings?

HTXRamExp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Pictures or it didn't happen...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
My apologies if this has already been asked, i looked and couldn't find an answer. The new headlights i installed are LED and they came with built in resistors so i'm getting no faults or flickers which is great. The same goes for LED taillights i got. That being said, should i still go into AlfaOBD and change them to LED? Will it hurt anything? If i do does that mean i have to remove the resistors that are built into the LED headlights and taillights? If they were external i would. But i'd rather not dissect the housings to get them out if theirs no reason to. But if the computer doesn't know i have LED's does it make sense to change the settings?
No need to change anything if you have no error messages and proper operation of your new lights.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OnyxDragon87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0L
I was hoping someone could help me with this. So I am trying to upgrade my rear view mirror with an Auto dimmer & SmartBeam mirror. I bought the harness and SmartBeam mirror and installed everything pretty easily. Then I used AlphaOBD to install:
Vehicle Config 3: Interior EC Mirror Present: Yes
Vehicle Config 1: Auto High Beam: Yes
Lin and Misc: SmartBeam Present: Yes
After waiting 5 mins in between each procedure, the SmartBeams don't work. The dimmer works, though I noticed that there was a flashing red light coming from the sensor which turned into a solid red light when I disconnected and reconnected the battery.
My truck is a 2013 Ram 1500 Tradesman with an aftermarket radio (Alpine Halo9)
Mirror is: 68096094AF
Harness is: 68207372AC
So I know you have to push the stalk forward, keep lights on "Auto", and drive at a decent speed to activate SmartBeams, but I don't get any notifications from my EVIC at all. Am I missing anything?

cclark019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was hoping someone could help me with this. So I am trying to upgrade my rear view mirror with an Auto dimmer & SmartBeam mirror. I bought the harness and SmartBeam mirror and installed everything pretty easily. Then I used AlphaOBD to install:
Vehicle Config 3: Interior EC Mirror Present: Yes
Vehicle Config 1: Auto High Beam: Yes
Lin and Misc: SmartBeam Present: Yes
After waiting 5 mins in between each procedure, the SmartBeams don't work. The dimmer works, though I noticed that there was a flashing red light coming from the sensor which turned into a solid red light when I disconnected and reconnected the battery.
My truck is a 2013 Ram 1500 Tradesman with an aftermarket radio (Alpine Halo9)
Mirror is: 68096094AF
Harness is: 68207372AC
So I know you have to push the stalk forward, keep lights on "Auto", and drive at a decent speed to activate SmartBeams, but I don't get any notifications from my EVIC at all. Am I missing anything?

You have one more to change

2014 CBC I/O & Features: Auto High Beam Module Location
Select “ECC_AHBM"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cclark019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well I just turned that one on too and still no response from the EVIC.

Well I just turned that one on too and still no response from the EVIC.

It will only show if the lights are in auto mode and the turn signal stalk is pushed forward. It should show something like auto high beams enabled.

Did you do all of these?

Vehicle Configuration 1: Auto High Beam
Select “yes”
Vehicle Configuration 3: Interior EC Mirror Present
Select“yes”
LIN & Misc: Smart Beam Present (AHBM)
Select “yes"
2014 CBC I/O & Features: Auto High Beam Module Location
Select “ECC_AHBM"
Customer Service Menus: Auto High Beam CSM
Select “yes”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk