AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ManualCummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
It’s been confirmed
You can add remote start to any year 13 and up Be simply grounding pin 11 in the Bcm
Replacing the key over lay
And activate it with alpha
If you want to make it safer and you can add the hood switch

If you want to make it safer you can add the hood Safety
There is no need to purchase the OEM kit Will work on any radio frequency hub we have done it on a 13 express with a total cost of less then 20
If you need the wire you can hit me up

RamItGood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I need help! How to I get the red locking tab on radio undone???? I’m trying to hook up cargo camera wires.
The instructions don’t say how to do that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody plzzzzz it’s the only step I’m stuck at is pinning the wires!!!!! It’s dark and cold and I’m waiting for help and replies.

RamItGood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There’s no hole to stick something in to release??

RamItGood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well got it all in. Didn’t know there were suppose to be screw driver holes to pry red tan out. So I just went through the side and snapped it. Not to informal.
I couldn’t find any videos or pics showing how to. Sucks but guess it’s done with a busted red tan now.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Can no longer edit thread. Maybe the mods can do something about this?

Auto Tilt Mirrors in Reverse Thank you PNUTLT1
Driver Memory Mirrors Present
Select "Yes"
Passenger Memory Mirrors Present
Select "Yes"
Tilt mirror in reverse
Select "Yes"

Also

Fog lamps with high beams
Fog lamp dropout enable
Select "No"

Has anyone tried this with the regular stock mirrors that these trucks come with? I read down and i read that some people have them on higher end mirrors but not these ones. I don’t see a difference in tech between the two other than one using more lighting.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Well got it all in. Didn’t know there were suppose to be screw driver holes to pry red tan out. So I just went through the side and snapped it. Not to informal.
I couldn’t find any videos or pics showing how to. Sucks but guess it’s done with a busted red tan now.

When i replaced my original RA2 with the upgraded RA4 that one was a ***** and it broke in mine too.

nathantc

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500 sxt 120
Engine
3.7 V6
ok so i can control everything thru alfaobd, yet if i try and change anything at all i get this message

nwqdk2.jpg

that being said using this same bluetooth adapter, phone, and app works on the guys truck down the street (2013 ram 1500) my dads truck (2016 ram 2500), and my brothers truck (2020 ram 1500) but on my 2008 ram 1500 i get that message every time i try and make any changes to anything at all.

ManualCummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
The tire pressure system under a different menu I believe on a 2008

dwhutch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bypass harness?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

nathantc

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500 sxt 120
Engine
3.7 V6
no idea what im doing wrong, i just was able to change it so the headlights come on when i hit the unlock on the key fob. yet no matter where i go in the menus i cannot turn off the TPMS or change the tire size to correct my speedo. every time i try and change anything other than the key fob settings i get that message. and only on my 08. seems to work everywhere else.

not sure what you mean by "bypass harness"

Keasy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2015 3500 Laramie and I had in to dealer for a few recalls and now i get a warning showing the f
left front on the truck stating left turn signal inop. I took back to the dealer and they said they did nothing cause this and said i needed a need projector lamp 850.00. so i bought a Ram lamp of the same part number and installed it still and i get the same indication.
Do i need to do something to clear the warning ( disconnect the battery or something) the light works good head light seem to be adjusted very well. I am the second owner had it for about a year.

Thanks Keasy

Keasy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you turn off the front and rear fault detection circuits that are normally enabled on the led trucks? There are four of them under CBC I/O Usage:

Driver door ajar switch usage > disable

Front passenger door ajar switch usage > disable

Left rear door ajar switch usage > disable

Right rear door ajar switch usage > disable

I know it doesn’t sound right being “door ajar”, but you’ll see once you select value that they are the lamp diagnostics circuits that are normally disabled on non led light trucks.

How do you do this and why would i need to do it.

dwhutch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
no idea what im doing wrong, i just was able to change it so the headlights come on when i hit the unlock on the key fob. yet no matter where i go in the menus i cannot turn off the TPMS or change the tire size to correct my speedo. every time i try and change anything other than the key fob settings i get that message. and only on my 08. seems to work everywhere else.

not sure what you mean by "bypass harness"
I think in 2018 Ram put a security module in the trucks to prevent access to flash the BCM. My '19 Classic has it and I had to install a bypass harness to make changes.
https://www.kaodtech.com/

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
i dont think ill need something like that in my 2008 ram 1500.

You are in the wrong thread, the supported years here are 2013 and up. Some things might work on a 2008 but there is a separate thread somewhere here on the forum for those years