Am I an idiot? Or...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2018NightRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So I don't know if I'm just an idiot... or what's going on but somehow my 2018 keeps leaving the radio on after i park it.
This is the second or third time I've come out to find the radio on. Why does this keep happening??? This morning the battery was dead so I had to have it jumped... but I can't for the life of me understand why this keeps happening. It's as if it goes into ACC instead of turning OFF

raff18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019c
Engine
hemi 5.7
Have you taken it to the dealer? Hole host of things could be going on

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
So I don't know if I'm just an idiot... or what's going on but somehow my 2018 keeps leaving the radio on after i park it.
This is the second or third time I've come out to find the radio on. Why does this keep happening??? This morning the battery was dead so I had to have it jumped... but I can't for the life of me understand why this keeps happening. It's as if it goes into ACC instead of turning OFF

Only happens to me if I exit during a phone call. My screen will stay on and won’t shut off. And there is no off button so.... kinda stupid.

Tiped on ifone using Tapatalk and auto correct. Can’t you tell?

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Only happens to me if I exit during a phone call. My screen will stay on and won’t shut off. And there is no off button so.... kinda stupid.

That might be a feature, not a problem. It might automatically stay on during a call rather than let the timeout end the call. It's probably looking for a "Call Ended" response from either the phone or the radio screen.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
That might be a feature, not a problem. It might automatically stay on during a call rather than let the timeout end the call. It's probably looking for a "Call Ended" response from either the phone or the radio screen.

But when I click transfer call it should turn off. And even when phone off it still stays on. My truck has gremlins. I’ve come to terms with it. My odometer disappears all the time too [emoji2369]

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I bet this starting happening after the last UConnect update. There ha e been a few reports on this forum of it happening, some people have solved the issue by resetting the radio through the engineering menu if I remember correctly

joesstripclub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
If I accidentally turn the truck off with it still in gear it will automatically put the truck in park, but it leaves the ignition in either acc or run. Possibly what happened to you?

OP
OP

2018NightRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
If I accidentally turn the truck off with it still in gear it will automatically put the truck in park, but it leaves the ignition in either acc or run. Possibly what happened to you?
Hmmmmmm... I know I wasn't on the phone but I guess I could've accidentally turned it off without putting it in park. You'd think that would be a habit... but who knows? Something definitely to keep an eye out for in the future.

I'll try the reset function too to be safe. And there's definitely not a battery protect mode cause it was dead this morning. :(

Steve Cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Had that happen a time or two before the last uconnect update. Nothing since then.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Country?...Well that's obviously the problem!! :)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Lmao! [emoji14]. Don’t hate. Although new country is turning into pop music..... still some good artists out there.

SD26760

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I used to have this happen too. All my radio problems occur when I used the remote start to initially turn on the truck. If I start the truck by inserting the key, everything works fine. When using remote start, I've also had the reverse camera stay on even when I put the truck into drive, and the screen staying completely black. I just try not to use the remote start anymore.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
BATTERY SAVER: Battery Saver built into truck systems. But if their is another issue not related to below, not sure it will help, especially if some type of software/ECU screw up. all IMHO.....

Battery Saver
To protect the life of your vehicle’s battery, load shedding
is provided for both the interior and exterior lights.
If the ignition is OFF and any door is left ajar for 10 minutes
or the dimmer control is rotated all the way up to the dome
on position for 10 minutes, the interior lights will automatically
turn off.

NOTE: Battery saver mode is canceled if the ignition
is ON.
If the headlights remain on while the ignition is cycled OFF,
the exterior lights will automatically turn off after eight
minutes. If the headlights are turned on and left on for
eight minutes while the ignition is OFF, the exterior lights
will automatically turn off.

slickwilly63

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol...I'm not hating, I'm just playing. But I agree, new country sounds more like pop. Give me some Willie or Merle any day over todays country.

slickwilly63

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lmao! [emoji14]. Don’t hate. Although new country is turning into pop music..... still some good artists out there.

Lol...I'm not hating, I'm just playing. But I agree, new country sounds more like pop. Give me some Willie or Merle any day over todays country.

OP
OP

2018NightRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I used to have this happen too. All my radio problems occur when I used the remote start to initially turn on the truck. If I start the truck by inserting the key, everything works fine. When using remote start, I've also had the reverse camera stay on even when I put the truck into drive, and the screen staying completely black. I just try not to use the remote start anymore.

You know... you might be onto something here. The two most recent times I can remember it happening I did remote start it. And last week I put it in reverse and when I got close to the bar behind me it beeped as it should but when I put it into drive the sound stayed on. It was incredibly annoying. Turned off the truck and restarted it And stayed on. I put it back into reverse... I was trying everything I could to get it to turn off... and it wouldn't turn off. So I pulled over. Turned the truck off... got out and locked the truck and it was still beeping so loud I could hear it outside the truck. At that point I was literally about to take it to the dealer and I thought to switch it to phone mode on the radio and it finally turned off. I know electronics can be glitchy so I considered it a fluke... but maybe it's all related. Maybe something with my radio is wonky after remote starting it?