Another victim of BDS control arm ball joint failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We offer and recommend Zone and ICON UCA's. We have not seen any problems like the BDS ones have with these 2 brands. Very sorry to see this happen to you. If we can help get you any parts please let us know.

bigdave2212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I can tell you that they "DID NOT" have that posted anywhere on their site before ... that is new and they did it because of all the failures to the UCAs as of late ..... complete bs if you ask me lol ....
Wonder how much it would cost to touch base with an attorney? A class action might lite a fire under their ass to step up and honor a warranty on their faulty equipment!

I know it's been said 100 times before, but what if........ There was a car next to you full of family...... You weren't on a long straight away to be able to skid to a stop? I know the tire and cv axle n all isn't too expensive, but the cost to install and total inconvenience is!

I'd talk to every 1 that has had the same issue and talk to an attorney! They basically are admitting fault with the updated website!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Here is the thing ... no one wants to wait the months that something like this would take to settle or even be heard in court .... until people stop "excusing" these brands and companies from doing this kind of crap over and over again, it will continue to happen over and over again ....

What needs to happen is everyone who is going through this go to BDS instagram and other social media and put them on full blast! And continue to put them on blast with posts and stories showing what is happening with their bs parts ....

I blasted Maxtrac on instagram but no one else who had problems did .... BDS is a trend lift kit if you ask me ...no other way to put it ....

OP
OP
MAJ_Charlie

MAJ_Charlie

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We offer and recommend Zone and ICON UCA's. We have not seen any problems like the BDS ones have with these 2 brands. Very sorry to see this happen to you. If we can help get you any parts please let us know.

Zone would be nothing more than another BDS product with the same flaws. Icon did not recommend using their control arms with the BDS 4" lift. I already ordered new control arms that should actually work.

...just as I thought, no warning back in December of 2018. Yet BDS insisted it was there!

No "disclaimer" in February when I placed my order either. Simply trying to cover their tracks. Too late!

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Zone would be nothing more than another BDS product with the same flaws. Icon did not recommend using their control arms with the BDS 4" lift. I already ordered new control arms that should actually work.

No "disclaimer" in February when I placed my order either. Simply trying to cover their tracks. Too late!

BDS and Zone control arms are not the same. Same parent company but they make different UCA's

Kenneth Gunther

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did the 4 inchBDS lift kit for the air ride on my 2020 ram limited. I didn’t change the upper control arm since the geometry remains the same as the stock suspension. I have found that the truck drives a hell of a lot better than I did with stock suspension. I upgraded to the fox 2.0 shocks in the rear. I waited a year to do the lift kit. When I buy my next ram I am going to do this the first day I get the truck.

DaveSharp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry Charlie but ball joints just don't snap like that, even under load unless they are defective or put under heavy duress. The front end design of that Ram is made to reduce load on the upper ball joint, it offers improved steering geometry and reduced stress in the upper ball joint and the upper control arm and its mounting points. What are they waiting for? Somebody to die? Clearly this is company that may not give two figs for the safety of their customers. I bet if you looked into the matter you'd find others just like yours. There is a limited liability, I'd be finding legal help to talk to. Obviously they need to be stopped if a dangerous pattern is emerging with the products they sell. New ball joints don't just break and even under the loads that might be found in a four inch lift. Keep all the old parts you may need them.

Problem SOLVER ball joints? I'd call them something else...

RaptorHD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 2500HD
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Remember, That Ball joint by Moog was probably designed for stock components.. Anytime you change the geometry of the suspension you create more stress on the components..
I am sure that Moog ball joint was not designed to support a larger tire, and if I read it right, your also running spacers? that increases the load on the ball joint even more... BDS should have looked at this and determined the part was inadequate, yeah I think you have a good lawsuit and as another person said, report the company to the DOT and the NHSA...

cash4acres

4lb pompano
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L,660ftLbs=G56 Manual 6 speed
Glad I don't lift any truck.

Only delete 4 high MPGs.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is the thing ... no one wants to wait the months that something like this would take to settle or even be heard in court .... until people stop "excusing" these brands and companies from doing this kind of crap over and over again, it will continue to happen over and over again ....

What needs to happen is everyone who is going through this go to BDS instagram and other social media and put them on full blast! And continue to put them on blast with posts and stories showing what is happening with their bs parts ....

I blasted Maxtrac on instagram but no one else who had problems did .... BDS is a trend lift kit if you ask me ...no other way to put it ....

i have always told people to deal with a company first before bad mouthing on social media.... they blew you off here and it’s bs, fsir game as far as I am concerned.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7