Auxiliary fuel packs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wu tang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
All right....let’s beat this with a hammer.

So when I had my taco I could get away with the rotopax. Unfortunately the power wagon is thirsty!!! So I use my cab over camper so I’m looking for a discreet tank. I’ve seen on this forum people Intrested in using a larger tank ( yes I’m in for that and yes I would do that). However, I have posted a photo with these style tanks which I will mount over the wheel well. If you mount two of these or even one. Shouldn’t that be good enough? How come you never see anyone using these style tanks?

22ADB913-3506-4DA5-AF2B-A1A9E40ED4E6.png

1F54A656-90CE-4344-BDF4-D4CD61013929.png

172F769A-63D1-403C-85C4-778DC002745B.png

danoday

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have typically seen these type of tanks on custom builds, rat rods, sand rails and so on. It certainly can work, but to me, it's seems a bit over kill for 10 gals or so . I would just fill a couple 5 gals jugs and travel. Duals will have you pumping to both sides of the truck in the fenders. I guess it depends on the plumbing layout. I would be curious to see how you make it work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
States for carbureted fuel systems only...not sure what that means. Also, what about the evap system? Or would you use this with a pump to dump it into the main tank?

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Meh. i would pass on this. adding fuel tanks is not super easy. i had a custom surge tank built in my old Evo as the stock saddle bag style gas tank would cause me issues with fuel starvation at high RPM/load, and high G forces.

So basically this was a "lift" pump.

I had the stock gas tank with a Walbro 450 feeding my surge tank to keep it constantly full. Then the surge tank had a fitting to an Aeromotive external fuel pump under the car, which fed the engine ethanol.

The wiring, and the installation was the easy part. Getting everything to communicate together and play nicely in the ECU was a whole nuther story. Took quite a while

I stand with the majority here.. Get some proper VP racing fuel can with a proper nozzle (Not your crappy red jerry cans at the gas station) and just strap em down.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
States for carbureted fuel systems only...not sure what that means. Also, what about the evap system? Or would you use this with a pump to dump it into the main tank?

"A carbureted fuel systems only", it's for a lower pressure fuel system. It isn't designed for the higher pressure fuel pump.

Two years ago I purchased two 21 Micron fuel/water separation filters for my 1978 carbureted V8 marine engine. The OEM filter is 25 Micron, but is a shorter filter. Been using the 21 Micron longer filters for decades. Unfortunately, the second filter shipped was an identical looking 10 Micron filter which I grabbed to use this summer. It is for a fuel injection engine which requires a higher pressure. It was shipped by mistake and was one part number different. It isn't for my old mechanical fuel pump and carbureted high performance engine, but for today's electric high pressure fuel pumps and fuel injection engine. Couldn't use it.

OP
OP
W

Wu tang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I should’ve taken out the main equation. This I would use as a holding unit for gasoline. It would be siphoned into my main tank.

However today I ended up buying the Titan sidekick. It holds 15 gallons and still fits under the cab over camper.