Bcm failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

71killsh0t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I recently had my BCM fail and in the process of getting it replaced by a local stealerhsip. They have ordered the part but it is on back order and has been for over a month now. Anyone have issues with this before?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
If the BCM is on backorder there’s nothing you can do. Just have to wait till it comes in. The only other option is getting it from another dealer if they have one in stock.

OP
OP

71killsh0t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The issues I was having are: front door locks won't operate, front windows unopperable, radio doesn't work, outside temp reads - 40, left rear taillight out, no a/c, when fan turned up all the way it turns off. I think that's all of them.

I find it odd that there isn't a recall for this and the part is backordered for so long. They keep giving me a date that's two weeks out then when that date comes they call about say another two weeks.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
The issues I was having are: front door locks won't operate, front windows unopperable, radio doesn't work, outside temp reads - 40, left rear taillight out, no a/c, when fan turned up all the way it turns off. I think that's all of them.

I find it odd that there isn't a recall for this and the part is backordered for so long. They keep giving me a date that's two weeks out then when that date comes they call about say another two weeks.

Recalls are only issued for safety items. It’s likely a supplier issue. The BCMs on the 4th gen trucks don’t fail very often. Since they began using a BCM in the 4th gen trucks I’ve actually seen maybe 3 at the most with failures, and I work on these trucks every day.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Just your turn in the barrel. You are 5 model years old and had a part fail. While better expected life should have been had, probability caught up on the bathtub curve of failure and tagged you.

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What year is your truck? Solid chance I have a BCM sitting on my shelf. I probably have a half dozen + random BCMs right now from the random testing I've done over the last two years.

adam2817

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What year is your truck? Solid chance I have a BCM sitting on my shelf. I probably have a half dozen + random BCMs right now from the random testing I've done over the last two years.
My truck is a 2016. I'd love to hook up with one if it's possible

jhiggins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
@Roman217 I have a few BCM related questions for you since it seems you have had the opportunity to play with a few different model year BCM. I have a 2014 2500 and I've just recently upgraded the radio to the UAQ and am now trying to add a few features like the option to turn on the rearview camera with the icon in the radio but this requires have the option in the BCM to enable "Radio & Connectivity: Trailer Hitch Camera Present" but this option is not available in the 2014 model year (possibly not available until 2016 BCMs?). I have not found anywhere not the internet how I can flash newer firmware to the BCM so that some of the newer options are available to turn on. It appears that the BCM physically didn't change for quite a few model years, so I'm wondering if I can just replace my 2014 BCM with a 2016 or newer BCM. Thoughts?

caudlke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Promaster 3500 chassis with v6
Roman217.... I have a 2015 ProMaster Chassis in desperate need of a functioning BCM. The part number was originally 68233855AA and has been replaced with part number 68399798AA. Would you happen to have either? Thanks.