Core 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I see you quoted me for some reason, no clue why.. The arms I speak of do not need a place for a wrench to adjust and can be adjusted on the ground like most any other arms with a threaded in end on each end of the arm . The aluminum arms on my Jeeps are from a company named Savvy . At one time they used to machine flat spots on the tube which was there to help with the Jam nuts. They stopped putting the flat spots on because people were using them to put wrenches on to adjust the length of the arm which usually ended up with a bound up end, not what they were there for . While the vehicle ins on the ground you can adjust by hand turning the two arms you are adjusting at the same time once you loosen the jam nuts on both arms. If one arm stops turning you got ahead on adjusting one of the arms , back off the tight one and continue adjusting. If you need a wrench to turn it you have not maintained the arms pure and simple . to tighten just snug up each jam nut alternating each one till the ends had rotated in the mounts . This keeps them aligned. Continue tightening without changing the adjustment you made. eventually you can hang on your wrench to really tighten it . As far as JJs no lasting that sounds more like lack of maintenance from my experience. I know I am not in PA but I am only in NJ and we have the same elements plus a small Ocean just to add some more salt if the brine on the frigging road isn't enough. 20 years of using Jonny Joints on my Daily drivers because heim joints don't last on a DD from what I ve read , fine on race cars and trucks though. The amount of flex from JJ's has never been the flex limiting factor on my rigs. As in most cases its something else on the vehicle thats not up to maxing out JJ's.

I didn’t mean to quote you, just meant to post and wasn’t paying attention.
Most people that offroad want all the flex they can get, which the SPC joint excels.
I don’t feel like greasing Johhny joints every week driving in salty snow and mud. That’s another reason the SPC joints are better than Johnny’s. SPC joints are sealed, and do not need greased. Maintence free.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Greasing them once a week on a daily driver is sarcasm not educational . Do the trucks you see or read about in this thread including mine seem like they are off-roaded to the point a JJ is going to limit them , I doubt it. Most of us are just making a little improvement in handling and getting power to the ground and the Core ams do that just fine.... Greasing a JJ when you do a chassis lube is usually all thats needed for most daily drivers which isn't to much to ask. JJs have a place and for most of us they are more than fine on the ends of Core arms . .:Bye:

Last edited:

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Greasing them once a week on a daily driver is sarcasm not educational . Do the trucks you see or read about in this thread seem like they are off-roaded to the point a JJ is going to limit them , I doubt it. Most of us are just making a little improvement in handling and getting power to the ground and the Core ams do that just fine.... Greasing a JJ when you do a chassis lube is usually all thats needed for most daily drivers which isn't to much to ask. JJs have a place and for most of us they are more than fine on the ends of Core arms . .:Bye:

I was referring to the guys that live in the rust belt. JJ do not hold up in snow, without CONSTANT greasing. Rock bouncers use 2” .250 Wall dom tubing on their trucks. Cores arms are way thicker than that, and all that is is ALOT of unnecessary weight. Especially if your trying to save weight at the track. Nice job trying to be a smart ass

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Well I had a chance yesterday to get on my truck pretty hard off the line and was happy to feel no wheel hop.
My truck used to wheel hop real bad and after installing the Core arms it nolong does, I left 2 30 foot black marks and it was nice and smooth.. :)

Longhorn1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Longhorn
Engine
Cummins SO
Well I had a chance yesterday to get on my truck pretty hard off the line and was happy to feel no wheel hop.
My truck used to wheel hop real bad and after installing the Core arms it nolong does, I left 2 30 foot black marks and it was nice and smooth.. :)

Sounds great! Must be nice to have the LSD!!

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just got my Core 4X4 Rear Sway Bar End Links installed.

Note my Core 4X4 Sway Bar too... (just kidding, painted the Hellwig Sway Bar to match the Core color. Painted the axle housing to spiff it up a bit too.

View attachment 206481
Looks good. What end links are those? Just ordered a hellwig but would like to upgrade those
While im down there.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Looks good. What end links are those? Just ordered a hellwig but would like to upgrade those
While im down there.

Hellwig should have 2 different lengths of adjustable endlinks,one for lowered trucks,the longer set is for lifted trucks,at least they did when I put a hellwig bar on my truck 6 years ago

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hellwig should have 2 different lengths of adjustable endlinks,one for lowered trucks,the longer set is for lifted trucks,at least they did when I put a hellwig bar on my truck 6 years ago
Once again you da man. Thanks.

brad_12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
While im down there.

The ones he has are Core4x4 end links which you can get in all different sizes from stock to shorter or longer depending if you're lifted or lowered.

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just the panhard bar before the rest of the core 4x4 products. These things are beasts! Shipping to Canada is $92.00. I replaced the Fabtech rear end links And rear control arms. 2EA7244B-4042-4E6E-A009-CE35D1E3AF59.jpeg
End links are way better than Fabtech!234E9466-8544-472E-9089-DAAC8CE27FE0.jpeg
Control arms are badass and very easy to install!
74F5E5D5-1D1A-4CAE-94F1-5B890165A0B9.jpeg 33441534-5272-41B8-B5DE-6BE47119A955.jpeg
I torqued my uppers to 135ft/lbs and the lowers to 145 ft/lbs. no need to over torque as you will have issues with the bushings. Make sure to grease the outer mating surfaces of the bushings before install. I went with the Johnny joints to frame and bushings to axel. Have to ensure your Johnny joints are straight (use wedge when tightening down lock and loctite). Start with Uppers and the front bolts then install rear.
I didn’t have any issues with the the holes not lining up and only used the jack for the last passenger lower control arm rear bolt.
You can feel the difference in the the truck in first drive after install. Wig from hell is in today and going on.
Completely new rear end on this beast! Get em, you’ll
Love em!

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Da

Damn now I gotta get a dif cover. Booty lookin good!!!

In all honesty get something like what Banks did with their covers. aFe changed their design on some newer offerings but I love the custom look it gives the axle!

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In all honesty get something like what Banks did with their covers. aFe changed their design on some newer offerings but I love the custom look it gives the axle!
I dont think Banks makes covers for 1500 though.