Did Lubegard Biotech kill your hemi tick??

Did Lubegard Biotech kill your hemi tick?

• Yes, lubegard killed that tick

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • No, lubegard didn't kill tick, yet

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • Lubegard made hemi tick noticeably better not 100% though

Votes: 29 46.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I see that, but the strange thing is somedays I can hear a slight tick and other days I get nothing.
have you tried redline 5w30? And do you use royal purple or fram ultra large filters?

Dginn69

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
have you tried redline 5w30? And do you use royal purple or fram ultra large filters?
I use the fram xg2 ultra large filter as I cannot fing the RP filters. I have not tried the RL as I am not even 500 miles into my last oil change.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I use the fram xg2 ultra large filter as I cannot fing the RP filters. I have not tried the RL as I am not even 500 miles into my last oil change.
Is your oil level a little past top notch? With the xg you need to be at least 7.5 quarts, and sometimes this can hurt start up tick.

Dginn69

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is your oil level a little past top notch? With the xg you need to be at least 7.5 quarts, and sometimes this can hurt start up tick.
No, it's actually a little blow the top notch.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I'd fix that one, several people posted above that line 1/2 fixes a lot of start up tick. It is possible for sure, report back.

Dginn69

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd fix that one, several people posted above that line 1/2 fixes a lot of start up tick. It is possible for sure, report back.
So you are saying go above the full line?

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I'm saying I put in 8 quarts and many guys in syn thread started by corey and kyle tried going 1/2 quarts of fill line and in some cases that alone stopped the ticking. Is it safe, dunno for sure but is leaving it tick safe? When you use the larger filter it does take more then 7 quarts to fill as well.

Dginn69

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm saying I put in 8 quarts and many guys in syn thread started by corey and kyle tried going 1/2 quarts of fill line and in some cases that alone stopped the ticking. Is it safe, dunno for sure but is leaving it tick safe? When you use the larger filter it does take more then 7 quarts to fill as well.
Well, with the xg2 filter, 7 qts of PUP & the lubegard (15oz) the stick reads about half way into the safe zone, cold. A little higher when warm.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Burla - what is that? A ****** cut sheet? lol

We also discussed the merits of pre-lubing engines that are subject to hydraulic lifter oil drain down (not run often, cold temps, thin oils, etc).

Normally pre-lube is a feature on high-value engines. I'm talking $150,000 engines - not a $9,500 Hemi engine, because those engines are usually used for life-safety or production income applications. They have either a dedicated oil pump for pre-lubing, or pre-fire cranking.

We discussed the Hemi can be forced to pre-lube prior to firing two ways:

(1) depress throttle pedal to floor and crank engine (no longer than 20 secs. so starter doesn't overheat) - the engine will not start...verified via testers. Can do this a couple times and lifters should fill with oil (make sure you have good battery 1st). Release pedal to start.

(2) pull the ignition fuse and crank. Obviously gotta put fuse back to start.
One thing I like about late model domestic cars is the "clear flood" feature. This is where you floor the throttle with the key off and crank the engine with the throttle floored to clear out excess (flooded) gasoline. During clear flood, the ECM disabled injectors. I use it to run relative compression tests and to provide a service bay prelube by cranking an engine, especially turbo engines, to build oil pressure before subjecting the rod and main bearings to the load of combustion. Also, some turbo engines need to be prelubed prior to firing up after an oil service. This extends the life of the turbo as well.

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
So we have had a couple guys running biotech so we should start seeing some results, and hopefully this thread will encourage people with hemi tick to try other lubrication strategies. For those that follow, Lubegard Biotech is similar science to Redline, and as we have seen it can be an effective answer, also backs up reviews at amazon. Running this is like 1/2 the price of redline, so if it has similar success rates this ends any argument of why not use this inexpensive option that dresses up any random group 3 motor oil. With the modern engines oils become more sparce, this may be something you want to add to every non di turbo engine you own. I know @Hemi395 put it in his work truck, killed about 80% of his tick in that.

Now, I am leaving that you can change your answer, to keep up with accurate info and change answer as needed. Consider this, since lubegard is similar science to redline, keep in mind even if it isn't effective at first, it can take time for the plating effect of the formula, JUST LIKE REDLINE. So change those votes as needed to give a proper snapshot of the effectiveness of this product. I don't know you should change the vote if the truck sat for a long period like over two weeks, I'm not sure there is a lubrication answer for those engines, but how you report that is up to you. Thanks Burla

I've never had the tick. I use:
PUP 0W40
Miracle Mystery Oil in the gas

I tried Redline and it was a bit quieter than PUP. But finding it and the cost did not appeal to me.

It is very quiet.

I will be trying Lubeguard in the next oil change.

As to cost 1 qt of LG is $28 on Amazon and you need 3oz/qt or 21 oz for my 7 qt 6.4l

6.5 qts of PUP is about $65 plus 19 for LG or $85 total.

Redline is $66/4 or $115.5 for 7 qts

Try MMO it helps.

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
PUP 0W40

I tried Redline and it was a bit quieter than PUP. But finding it and the cost did not appeal to me.

It is very quiet.

As to cost 1 qt of LG is $28 on Amazon and you need 3oz/qt or 21 oz for my 7 qt 6.4l

Try MMO it helps

PUP 0W40

It is very quiet.

Try MMO it helps.
I saw redline for 48 bucks the other day for a gallon. Elite race fab, and if you buy 75 bucks or more ya get 10% off. I know some guys here have had issues with them. I have purchased redline 3 times from them and never an issue.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Trying this again as a last ditch effort my hemi 220k is knocking like a ***** on startup past 2 days guess I better start rebuilding my spare motor Lol.
So far it sounds way better I honestly thought it was goin to blow lifter probably got stuck. Its either because I took it out on parkway and floored it :laughing1: Or its working.

Dginn69

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So far it sounds way better I honestly thought it was goin to blow lifter probably got stuck. Its either because I took it out on parkway and floored it :laughing1: Or its working.
So if the sound gets better, what does that mean? I know hemi's are naturally noisy. I guess I mean how long can you run it with the ticking? Till it blows?
And where in Jersey are you?

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So if the sound gets better, what does that mean? I know hemi's are naturally noisy. I guess I mean how long can you run it with the ticking? Till it blows?
And where in Jersey are you?
If the sound gets better then your all good how long will mine last idk has 220k hard miles and it was Knocking something got stuck annnd now its not. all back to normall running smooth sounds like a regular ticking 5.7 again.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry if I missed it but would this be suitable for a vehicle that isnt driven often? I know some products have additives that will settle in the oil pan and can cause some issues. Is there anything that will not stay suspended in the oil during long sitting periods?