Did Lubegard Biotech kill your hemi tick??

Did Lubegard Biotech kill your hemi tick?

• Yes, lubegard killed that tick

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • No, lubegard didn't kill tick, yet

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • Lubegard made hemi tick noticeably better not 100% though

Votes: 29 46.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Well this one is about hemi tick, and it if sticks or as we say plates, the truck simply don't tick most of the time. Glas we found a couple products that do what the science says it will.

OK I'll admit it: LUBEGARD STOPS TICS IN GLASS.

I do use Lubegard.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Well this one is about hemi tick, and it if sticks or as we say plates, the truck simply don't tick most of the time. Glas we found a couple products that do what the science says it will.

I restrained myself from babbling about % POE for carrying additives in solution only in PAO, vs. blending POE as a % of base oil.

You should be thankful my laptop is out of commission. My thumbs are tired.

Travis8352

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I restrained myself from babbling about % POE for carrying additives in solution only in PAO, vs. blending POE as a % of base oil.

You should be thankful my laptop is out of commission. My thumbs are tired.
every post ive made on this site is with my thumbs!!!

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
I posted in another thread as well with no answer. What is the difference between their Heavy Duty and Biotech offerings? Could not find much on their website. TIA

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I posted in another thread as well with no answer. What is the difference between their Heavy Duty and Biotech offerings? Could not find much on their website. TIA
I think we all assume it is the size, yes we could be wrong. Maybe inquire with them.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
What is the difference between biotech and this stuff from back in the day?

zmax is a "micro" lubricant, of which their are a couple ways to skin that cat, one mix alc and acid and have an ester, but the other is to chemically remove larger particles from crude, or even use a different base. To my knowledge zmax is a mineral oil of some type, biotech is the other option the have a fatty ester mimicked from whale and krill oil, plus the same aw/ep additives you see in everyday oil, just more of them. Neither would be considered snake oil, they are what they are no real gimmick here as in chlorine product or some of the solid lubricants that can carry negative results. zmax may dilute additive package of the sump oil, biotech would increase it, generally speaking no big deal either way. We don't have a lot of zmax testing against hemi tick, my guess the science doesn't support it as an option, but I would be happy to be wrong if it did help, more the merrier.

Spsully

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We don't have a lot of zmax testing against hemi tick, my guess the science doesn't support it as an option, but I would be happy to be wrong if it did help, more the merrier.
So back in the day when I was much younger and much more willing to try anything, I saw commercial for zmax. They drained the oil from a viper and ran it on the track. The claim was that the zmax embedded in the metal enough that even without oil the motor would still run. I called bs.
Then one night decided to take an old push mower and try the zmax thing. It ran for like 10 minutes which was impressive but not game changing. That being said z max is supposed to be in the oil for longer than the 20-30 minutes we ran it in the mower.

I'm willing to try it, but I have an 05 motor meaning pre eagle no mds and my valve seats have been peened to combat the issues these heads have with valve seat drop. So all of that being considered I don't really have the best platform to test anything for real. I'm just an idiot with a gantry crane and plenty of time to keep rebuilding my motor.