DIY: 2013-18 (19 classic) Power Fold Mirror upgrade/Notes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Big Horn with the luxury package. I don't see the little "heater" icon on the mirrors though.

Edited to add: Okay, the build sheet says I have power folding heated auto dimming etc etc mirrors. I guess the truck is more deluxe than I thought!!!

Thank you!!!

Heated mirrors turn on with the "rear defrost" button on the instrument panel (even if you dont have rear defrost).

I guess wait until something is frozen on them and try it out :)

89grand

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here are the part numbers for Delmonico Red power folding puddle light mirrors, non towing.

Left side - 6KE871RVAE
Right side - 5XY521RVAI

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Here are the part numbers for Delmonico Red power folding puddle light mirrors, non towing.

Left side - 6KE871RVAE
Right side - 5XY521RVAI
Do you know if these support the Memory feature? (Per Benny?)

M² Mods.

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
A quick way to tell if a non tow mirror is auto dim besides the thicker black plastic ring on the actual mirror glass is to check and see if it has four wires in the white connector. If it has four or more wires it's a auto dim mirror. From what I have seen If it only has two wires in the white connector it's not auto dim.
Not sure if tow mirrors are the same but I would think there us a good chance they are since they are all wired the same for the most part.
Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Rick,
What wires to check to verify memory feature?

M² Mods.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rick,
What wires to check to verify memory feature?

M² Mods.
Regular Sport mirrors are not memory capable because memory was never an option on the Sport. The only exception that I know of is a Laramie truck with the sport option. Those Sport style mirrors are memory capable because memory mirrors are standard on the Laramie. If the white mirror connector has More than four wires it's a auto dim memory mirror. If the white connector has only four wires it's and auto dim non memory mirror. If it only has two wires in the white connector it's a standard non memory non auto dim mirror with blinker light puddle light only. If it has blue wire next to a yellow wire in the black mirror connector it's a power fold mirror.

akordboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is there a setting to have the mirror turn signals turn on with the DRL's?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Are there color matched mirrors with all the options including memory?
I just swapped the passenger side to the one i bought to have painted, now that mirror doesnt have memory and the motor wire connection at the mirror it self has less wires.

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T
There's a reprogramming procedure for the Auto up by pressing up/down button a certain way in the middle of the first post.

M² Mods.

I have a 17 RAM 1500 R/T with heated/folding/auto dim mirrors... I have Auto windows that ONLY AUTO DOWN - Is there an easy way to make them AUTO UP as well?

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T
Are there color matched mirrors with all the options including memory?
I just swapped the passenger side to the one i bought to have painted, now that mirror doesnt have memory and the motor wire connection at the mirror it self has less wires.

I was wondering this too as I have the painted mirrors with all the other functions on my R/T, just no memory seats...

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I was wondering this too as I have the painted mirrors with all the other functions on my R/T, just no memory seats...

Looks like Laramie and above chrome mirrors only have the memory mirrors, had Benny run a few sport mirror options and none had the memory.

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Looks like Laramie and above chrome mirrors only have the memory mirrors, had Benny run a few sport mirror options and none had the memory.
You can always get a set of Laramie/Limited mirrors and swap the color matched front housing out of your current power fold mirrors to the Laramie ones with memory. That's what I did

M² Mods.

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You can always get a set of Laramie/Limited mirrors and swap the color matched front housing out of your current power fold mirrors to the Laramie ones with memory. That's what I did

M² Mods.

Thats what was supposed to happen by me buying a set of black ones and having them painted!
The driverside popped out ok the passenger went past the stopping point and i guess chipped a gear, still works but theres a lag in the up and down.
Im trying not to spend 569 bucks a mirror ontop of what ive already spent lol

Demaster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was just searching online for all the parts for this modification and it appears that that the right door module (R) Pass module: 68225102AC has been discontinued. Does anyone have a replacement part number for it? I have a 2014 ram 1500 Quad cab sport edition with tow mirrors.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I was just searching online for all the parts for this modification and it appears that that the right door module (R) Pass module: 68225102AC has been discontinued. Does anyone have a replacement part number for it? I have a 2014 ram 1500 Quad cab sport edition with tow mirrors.
Check out Benny at AllMoparParts, vendor on this site.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As stated check with Benny at Allmoparparts.com. remember the last two letters of the part number change regularly but the part is the same. So you are looking for 68225102 _ _ and then whatever two letters come after doesn't really matter.