DIY: 2013-18 (19 classic) Power Fold Mirror upgrade/Notes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Ok, so I just went through the whole thread and maybe I missed it but I'm looking for the part number for the glass replacement for the auto dim mirror with part number 68231242_ _

Does anyone know this?
I don't have it, but if you find the PN for both sides let me know/post back and I will update the thread for others.
Reach out to AllMoparParts (Benny) & he can likely ID what you need.

M² Mods.

BigHornGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
I don't have it, but if you find the PN for both sides let me know/post back and I will update the thread for others.
Reach out to AllMoparParts (Benny) & he can likely ID what you need.

M² Mods.

Hey Mike, yes I did hit Benny yesterday and the passenger side mirror/glass replacement part number is 68079362AA and it looks like the driver side is 68079363AA, allmoparparts has them both $200 for passenger side and $160 for drivers side

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Mike, yes I did hit Benny yesterday and the passenger side mirror/glass replacement part number is 68079362AA and it looks like the driver side is 68079363AA, allmoparparts has them both $200 for passenger side and $160 for drivers side
They are definitely expensive. I was going to replace one on a mirror I had and I was shocked when I found out the price for just the auto dim glass itself.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

BigHornGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
They are definitely expensive. I was going to replace one on a mirror I had and I was shocked when I found out the price for just the auto dim glass itself.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

You and me both brotha. I'm definitely thinking about getting the regular heated replacement mirror for the time being unless I find something less pricey. Do you have any idea if I can encounter any issues?

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

Beemer533

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hey guys hopefully a quick question; I just picked up my 2014 2500 last week and I started ordering parts for it for this mod. The first part I ordered was the door switch which arrived today.
This is the part I ordered: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Left...-/312850425078?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Outside of the illumination color being wrong (yellow Vs blue) the front door window switches don't work at all. Everything else on it works (obviously except for the door fold button as nothing else has been swapped) fine.

I do have to return it due to the color anyway, but my question is should everything work without alphaobd or the door modules and mirrors being installed? I checked the connections and swapped back to my old switch and the front windows are working again.

Can I just assume that the switch is bad, or is it just the wrong part?

Thanks!

Last edited:

BigHornGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Hey guys hopefully a quick question; I just picked up my 2014 2500 last week and I started ordering parts for it for this mod. The first part I ordered was the door switch which arrived today.
This is the part I ordered: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Left...-/312850425078?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Outside of the illumination color being wrong (yellow Vs blue) the front door window switches don't work at all. Everything else on it works (obviously except for the door fold button as nothing else has been swapped) fine.

I do have to return it due to the color anyway, but my question is should everything work without alphaobd or the door modules and mirrors being installed? I checked the connections and swapped back to my old switch and the front windows are working again.

Can I just assume that the switch is bad, or is it just the wrong part?

Thanks!

At least for me, once I installed the window switch everything worked great except the p/f feature since I didn't have the door modules then, once the modules where in place all I needed was to set the parameters on alfaobd, the modules the truck had originally did work for the signal lights and the puddle lights, mirrors moved as normal, windows rolled up and down.

I saw those on Ebay but ended up getting an oem used window switch and both lighting and switch works great.

Beemer533

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thanks for the confirmation. It made sense to me everything on the switch other than the PF button should work with no other changes but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

I guess I will look for a different switch. I didn't feel like spending the money on an OEM switch, but that may be the easiest way to go.

BigHornGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Thanks for the confirmation. It made sense to me everything on the switch other than the PF button should work with no other changes but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

I guess I will look for a different switch. I didn't feel like spending the money on an OEM switch, but that may be the easiest way to go.

I hear you man, I actually bought mine used and the link was another one I had in my scope, it's used but at least it's oem so at least for me is a choice.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13-15-Dodg...-/274475512634?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I just updated my non-power fold to power fold with memory and I'm having some issues with the passenger side. The tilt on reverse doesn't seem to be working. Driver's side works fine and I confirmed I have all the settings set correctly (you have to set the memory mirror individually which I did and confirmed). I have seen the passenger mirror move twice in about 30 attempts. Do you think this is a wiring issue or a motor issue? I believe there is a company out there where you can buy a new motor but I'm not sure if that is the motor that controls the folding motion or the motor that controls the mirror position. Any ideas?

I should note, that I plugged the passenger mirror into the driver side module just to confirm it wasn't a module issue and the mirror still would not tilt in reverse so pretty sure that rules out a bad module (which is brand new).

Last edited:

BigHornGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Alright fellas, I don't remember if it has been covered in this thread but I just replaced my auto dimming glass portion on my upgraded p/f mirrors and I the regular power/heated glass from the non p/f mirrors has mounts the same, fits and holds perfectly.

This could be why people had reported their passenger side p/f mirror is not auto dimming.

I also been wanting to color match them mirrors so I wrapped the same mirror since I was already in there. Took it apart still mounted like @Mpgrimm2 when he was going from chrome to black inserts.

Now the question is how long will the vinyl hold lol.

Pictures for reference

20210205_163317.jpg

20210205_163333.jpg

20210205_163541.jpg

20210205_163514.jpg

20210206_093329.jpg

Sking80

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Just finished installing my power folding Crome mirrors and lighted switch Waiting on new modules to complete image.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• 205A3B4D-2E75-431B-A252-96C39A6783F7.jpeg
    205A3B4D-2E75-431B-A252-96C39A6783F7.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Sking80

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Finally completed my PF mirror upgrade. I was about to post about my mirrors not tilting but then i went in and turned on the setting for memory mirrors installed and then it works. Nope I don’t have memory seats. Special thanks to Benny @AllMoparParts.com for his help with the correct part numbers and for fast shipping. This project completed on to the next one. OEM parts will be for sale. Mirrors, switch, and modules all standard parts.

Panarama

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a few of questions.

I have a 2014 1500 Laramie. Crew cab
Tow mirrors that are manual fold and power everything else. Chrome with black texture arms.

If I wanted to use junkyard parts, what years should I look for?

What part numbers if I buy new?

What are door modules? And is it 1 module for each door or are all the modules in the driver door?

Do they make power folding door mirrors in body color (white)? Or preferably white and chrome?

Do I have to get the passenger door panel switch as well as the drivers?

I think I need:
Left and right power folding tow mirrors
Driver door panel switches
(2) modules
And get the computer flashed

I know a lot of questions. But this is an information heavy thread with many options. Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Regular or tow mirrors

Sking80

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have a few of questions.

I have a 2014 1500 Laramie. Crew cab
Tow mirrors that are manual fold and power everything else. Chrome with black texture arms.

If I wanted to use junkyard parts, what years should I look for?

What part numbers if I buy new?

What are door modules? And is it 1 module for each door or are all the modules in the driver door?

Do they make power folding door mirrors in body color (white)? Or preferably white and chrome?

Do I have to get the passenger door panel switch as well as the drivers?

I think I need:
Left and right power folding tow mirrors
Driver door panel switches
(2) modules
And get the computer flashed

I know a lot of questions. But this is an information heavy thread with many options. Thanks for any help.
Your on the right track. Yes you will need the driver and passenger door modules for the power fold to work. Only the driver door panel switch needs to be replaced with the power fold button on it. Once that is done then use alpha OBDLink to enable features. Not sure on the paint colors question

Brads41789

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I bought a set of Laramie mirrors a while back and just got around to seeing if they worked. The driver side mirror folds in and out just fine but does not adjust. I can hear the motor whirring when I press the button but the actual part that holds the mirror does not move. Would I be able to swap that part of the assembly out with another mirror? Or would it have to be specifically another Laramie piece? Here are 2 pictures of the part in question. I have a set of express mirrors and a set of big horn mirrors. So if I could swap out the mirror mount/gyroscope piece that would be pretty great lol

Attachments

• 20211110_172344.jpg
    20211110_172344.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 20211110_172406.jpg
    20211110_172406.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 9

Gordo2212

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 L Hemi
So here's a question I can't find the answer to. What does function does the "with memory" part of "with memory" power fold tow mirrors provide? I'm striking out in online searches and on the forum.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So here's a question I can't find the answer to. What does function does the "with memory" part of "with memory" power fold tow mirrors provide? I'm striking out in online searches and on the forum.
Remembers the position for specific drivers if I'm not mistaken. Similar to the memory seats...