DIY: 2013-18 (19 classic) Power Fold Mirror upgrade/Notes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T
OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Yep, looks like none of the parts sites cross linked the xxxxxxxxAD version of the part yet.

Door modules 4dr (& 2dr ?) for 2013-18 & 19 classic:
(R) Pass module: 68225102AD, AC, AB, AA, etc
(L) Drvr module: 68225103AD, AC, AB, AA, etc .

M² Mods.

Demaster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got the parts from Benny yesterday and installed them today! I have a 14 Sport with Rambox and with the parts that I was told to get and my mirrors fold in, and windows go auto down and up (both drivers and passengers side). I can’t thank Benny enough for the quick response and lightening shipping! I also have to thank all of the people who made this modification super easy to do! Cheers!

jmckeejr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Do I need to have memory seats as well as memory mirrors to be able to enable the tilt in reverse option?

Thinking of buying the following as well as the modules and switch (everything in my cart now just waiting for confirmation):

Pwr Fold, Heated, (edit: NOT AutoDim) w/o color w/puddle/signal & MEMORY
(Confirmed by @CincyCuda68 Post 47 ):
(R) Pass Mirror: 68412884AA
(L) Drvr Mirror: 68412885AA

Edit:
Will these mirrors not work on my truck if I don't have the memory seats?

Last edited:

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do I need to have memory seats as well as memory mirrors to be able to enable the tilt in reverse option?

Thinking of buying the following as well as the modules and switch (everything in my cart now just waiting for confirmation):

Pwr Fold, Heated, (edit: NOT AutoDim) w/o color w/puddle/signal & MEMORY
(Confirmed by @CincyCuda68 Post 47 ):
(R) Pass Mirror: 68412884AA
(L) Drvr Mirror: 68412885AA

Edit:
Will these mirrors not work on my truck if I don't have the memory seats?
You do not need memory seats in order for the tilt in reverse to work.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jmckeejr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So I was supposed to have all my parts tomorrow so I could do this while on my camping trip Friday, but the drivers side door module has not shipped (even though eBay had the item listed with guaranteed delivery). So I wonder if anyone can tell me if the SLT models might already have the correct module, and if not could I still do the swap but be missing some functions? When I look up "door module 2014 ram SLT" the main part number that comes up is the one listed in OP. Guess I'll just have to pull the panel and see what I have. The correct module has more ports I take it? I currently have standard mirrors with heat and power adjustment.

On a side note, I also purchased an aftermarket module to try and set up auto fold with lock button. Wish me luck in finding the correct wiring to get that working

EDIT: Figured I would stick these on and see what happens, everything functions (even correct buttons when flipped up) except the power fold. I noticed the spot for original plug is missing 2 pins so guessing the new one will have those pins when I finally get to put them on. Don't need to fold them for the trip so I'll leave them. Just to let others know the stock module of at least 2014 SLT does not support power fold. Part# 68155771ae
Unfortunately the dealer that sold me support brackets did not include hardware when they shipped it originally, but I put the brackets on anyway with the existing mirror bolts/nuts for now. Will have to pull it all apart to fix it later anyway.

Last edited:

BosManG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
Hello, I have a 2013 RAM 1500 SLT. Bought pair of heated power fold with blinker mirrors. Smashed my old mirror and decided to upgrade. I got blinkers to work but not to fold. Trying to figure out if mirrors can fold if door or eBay switch compatible. Flashed alpha for fold and blinkers said complete successful. Mirrors come with two wires and colors match previous post for fold. Please help and thank you.

Old window switch part 68110866AA did have fold button

Door part 68155771AD

Switch bought from eBay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Power-...c-ec59-4483-b12d-57d166c5bbcd&epid=2306694268

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
You have to replace the door modules for power fold to work. See first post.

M² Mods.

Last edited:

HvyDuty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Great thread. Thank you @Mpgrimm2

Has anyone swapped Tow Mirror Covers? I have a chrome set and want to swap to black. Plastidip not holding up well as they get flipped up often to tow... Thanks

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Your best bet is to buy a standard set and swap the covers over yourself and sell the leftover assembly.

Keep in mind, most chrome capped OEM mirrors are from a Laramie or higher and should support memory and tilt in reverse functions that the standard ones do not. I'm not 100% that this applies to all 'Tow' mirrors but fairly certain.

M² Mods.

HvyDuty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Thanks for the quick reply! Gave you your 3000th like lol.

Yes, love alfaobd got those features to work. But, the right chrome mirror I have is an older OEM unit -pre 2013 and the flip up adjustment correction doesn't work like the driver side. Not sure why. Possibly added feature in later years?

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Possibly. If you can locate a proper/matching 13+ year mirror set (16+ even better possibly) that would be the best place to start IMO.

M² Mods.

Vince Sandoval

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Sorry if this is a repeat question, but my 2014 Ram 3500 already has manual fold heated tow mirrors with puddle light and turn signal light. Do I still need the mirror module or can I just change the door switch out with power fold button door switch and add the power folding mirrors?

Darkreinky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I’ve read through all 16 pages of this thread and I’m not really getting an answer to my question.

I have a 2019 classic with power folding, turn signals, puddle lights, heated, and I think auto dim (auto dim option on radio) etc etc. I want to get tow mirrors because my boat is 8.5 feet wide and I think those would make a big difference backing it down the ramp.
I’m wanting chrome and found a set of the trail ridge on 1aauto that says they only fit 13-18. I’ve called them and they can’t give me clarification if they fit or not. So what I need to know is, is there any difference between 2018 and 2019 classic when it comes to upgrading to tow mirrors? And if I match features will I need to do any module upgrades in the door?

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I can't confirm on the TrailRidge brand vs OEM, but your 19 classic is the same as a 13-18 truck as far as the mirrors go.

So if you get a 13-18 compatible set, with Power fold, Auto dim, memory, etc it should work once you enable the extra Tow Mirror codes with AlfaOBD for when they are flipped up.

M² Mods.

Mleads310

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This may be a dumb question and hopefully not, but if I get a tuner for my truck (diablo etc) will I be able to access these necessary codes for the tow mirrors? I read thru the post but didn't see a mention of it. I just don't want to buy the Alfa obd in addition to a tuner if I don't have to.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This may be a dumb question and hopefully not, but if I get a tuner for my truck (diablo etc) will I be able to access these necessary codes for the tow mirrors? I read thru the post but didn't see a mention of it. I just don't want to buy the Alfa obd in addition to a tuner if I don't have to.
The codes for the mirrors are in the BCM. I'm pretty sure a tuner can only adjust a PCM. I'm pretty sure you will need the Alfa or the dealer to enable the tow mirror codes. The actual app is only $49. If you already have an OBD connector and a android device. The dealership is going to charge you at least $100+ in most cases. Once you own the Alfa you can pretty much do whatever you want as far as adding options or changing settings plus programing keys.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Darkreinky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I can't confirm on the TrailRidge brand vs OEM, but your 19 classic is the same as a 13-18 truck as far as the mirrors go.

So if you get a 13-18 compatible set, with Power fold, Auto dim, memory, etc it should work once you enable the extra Tow Mirror codes with AlfaOBD for when they are flipped up.

M² Mods.

Thank you. That’s what I figured based on research, but the vendors couldn’t confirm. Rep from 1A said they changed and wouldn’t fit. I don’t think she could understand I had a classic body style. My modules should be ok as well since I already have power fold etc, right?

bloup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Yes OBD adapter and alphaobd required to input sales codes in BCM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BigHornGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Ok, so I just went through the whole thread and maybe I missed it but I'm looking for the part number for the glass replacement for the auto dim mirror with part number 68231242_ _

Does anyone know this?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lasse452