Don't want a stuck jack hold-down? Replace yours with the 2018+ Pieces

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^ that's the correct parts, I'm curious when yours was built, when you get a chance check the sticker in your driver door jamb

xFred12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My sticker says 6-17. Maybe they installed whatever they found readily available lol

PJRNM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
06/17 as well, and I have the improved parts.

OP
OP
O.R.T.

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
*What's the 8th from last digit of your VIN's? It's entirely possible it rolled out just before the 2017 rollover month where after a certain month it becomes the next model year. (Manufacture date does not always dictate model year except after a certain point.)

xFred12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine is the letter H. ^^ Good Point. There may be other trucks out there the same way if it is as you mention with the rollover month etc.

Gero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seems like a lot of trouble ordering the stud and wingnut. Its easier to put a dab of anti seize and spray it from inside and from the bottom with some good rust proofing oil.

Every couple of years, it's good to lower your spare and liberally spray rust proofing oil.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
I like that idea, but that reminds me that I have to go out and check mine again, I like fluid film for this stuff. The jack idea is good but where to put it?, but looks like you already have box full, good brand

JMod45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Seems like a lot of trouble ordering the stud and wingnut. Its easier to put a dab of anti seize and spray it from inside and from the bottom with some good rust proofing oil.

Every couple of years, it's good to lower your spare and liberally spray rust proofing oil.

I was just looking through to see if anyone had already mentioned anti-seize.

Another thing about the spare tire. Rotate it a bit when putting it back into place. They get wear marks from rubbing the same spot all the time, and make a weak point. I check mine and move it probably twice a year at least.

Always a good idea to make sure these parts are in working order from time to time. That actually sounds like a good thing for me to do this evening in the garage.

16Ram4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I will have to check my Jack hold down wing bolt and put some anti-seize on it.
Plus I never thought about rotating the spare to change the contact point to reduce a possible wear patch.
Also at every oil change I lower the spare down and lube the ***** cable with motorcycle chain lube to keep it from sticking or rotting out.
Also with alloy wheels I wipe a thin film of anti-seize on the back of the wheel hub area to keep the bi-metal corrosion at bay. Just a little bit of anti-seize on your rubber glove or paper towel and just wipe it on, it takes just a few seconds but saves minutes/hours in future frustrations.
There is nothing like a seized on wheel when you need to change a flat or to do other work

PJRNM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
H here as well.

maverickmk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm having trouble finding these parts with the numbers listed. When I put the number in the search bar it says no part found - ??
Anyone have a link to a site selling these?

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I went to their site as it's the only site so far that lists the parts. They discount to a great price but the shipping was over $15.00. That stopped me from ordering

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had used anti-seize on mine, but about a year ago I installed this newer style.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I Fluid Film my truck every fall and have never had a problem getting that bolt out. But I'm sure if I didn't it would get rusted in.

Mike Murphy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Deleted
Engine
Deleted
Since I bought my truck lifted 6", I took the jack out and threw it somewhere. It was not going to reach the truck anyway and it was my initial stage weight reduction. A couple weeks ago I put my truck down to stock. I was thinking about the jack then... but it is gone.