E- cutout's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I've been doing some soul searching and I really can't decide if this is a mod worth doing? It would be a nice attention getter, but after that Are they worth it? Do they add horse power that ,generally isn't needed, imo. And then there is the cost??/ Three hundred bucks? I'm guessing. I'm also thinking would it kill the resale of the truck. These things I think about before most every mod. But I gotta admit it would be kool to blow out a few HEMI notes' when cruising.......:Wedgie:

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I got mmine for like $175. I dunno if they add HP, but I cant wait to get mine on and make some noise LOL

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cutouts are like train horns- theyre noise makers. You won't see any horsepower. It won't kill resale, just take it out.

I have a raceland cutout and I like the all-in-one aspect of it. The downside is that the tubing is very thin and even withthe cutout closed it is noisier than without it.

I would recommend doing a normal dump tube with a dmh or other brand of cutout.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Uh oh, really Frog? Thats the brand I got.... they suck?

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wouldn't say "suck". I like it and have no plans to change it. But the thin metal does let more sound out. I suppose a little exhaust wrap would quiet it down quite a bit.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
I have a raceland, picked it up for $90 on sale shipped. Works great.

Are they worth it, YES, other than the noise factor its good for an addition 10rwhp/rwtq and 1-2mph in the 1/4...

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
And yes I do have dyno info to back that 10rwhp/tq gain up

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm looking at your mods and thinking a cutout would definitely help. I don't think rocket will feel any difference though. That and I don't see him 1/4 mileing it around town.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I picked up my Raceland cutout for $150 shipped...I think they are worth it. I'd probably even pay double that if I had to.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Looking at his mods, back when I did the dyno runs with the cutout open and closed I had roughly the same items in mine as he does now. You could tell there was a difference. 0-60 times dropped, 1/4 mile times dropped not by a whole lot but enough to tell that my times were getting lower.

Now would I drop $300+ on it, no, but if he can find one cheap or on sale I say go for it. Clamp it in and see how he likes it and if its not up to par, take it out and resell it. There are plent of guys looking for them so resale shouldnt take long.

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Looking at his mods, back when I did the dyno runs with the cutout open and closed I had roughly the same items in mine as he does now. You could tell there was a difference. 0-60 times dropped, 1/4 mile times dropped not by a whole lot but enough to tell that my times were getting lower.

Now would I drop $300+ on it, no, but if he can find one cheap or on sale I say go for it. Clamp it in and see how he likes it and if its not up to par, take it out and resell it. There are plent of guys looking for them so resale shouldnt take long.

Yeah I was guessing at the cost too be quite honest . A cut out at this point would be an excuse to take out the front resonator that is still before the muffler On my truck. You keep refering to me as ''he'' and ''his truck''. Dude how long have we been on these forums?? lol. Just an observation.....back on topic. This can be wrapped up with a couple (3 ) Band clamps 3 feet of s/s tubing, 2.5 inch? And a die grinder. Am I forgetting something? Oh the electrical hook-up? Do they come with directions? I was thinking of a 3 way toggle witch would spring back to the neutral setting. when applied.

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do it after the Y and you will need two 3" band clamps. No extra pipe necessary, just cut out a section of exhaust 1/4" longer than the dump tube. If you go with a raceland, no switch is necessary. They come with a cool remote.

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
^^^ I really want too get rid of the resonator...................

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Isn't the resonator between the y and muffler? Mine was.

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Do it after the Y and you will need two 3" band clamps. No extra pipe necessary, just cut out a section of exhaust 1/4" longer than the dump tube. If you go with a raceland, no switch is necessary. They come with a cool remote.

how did you do your wiring? any pics? i havnt decided on where i want to finally place everything

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Yeah, I read the threads, It seems the pipe can just be cut and then band clamped. Others had them welded. But if it doesn't leak it's all good. Yes The 06's actually had 2 resonators. one past the muffler and one in between the muffler and y pipe. This will take a while, I'm gonna do this one on the snyde! lol Then scare the hell out of the gf!! ha ha ha.