Eibach Pro Lift Struts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Shipping weight claims something like 180, but it has to be closer to 200 watching them unload it and use jacks just to get it on the truck lol. Comparing it to the aluminum foil thin stock front bumper it has to have added at-least 160lbs net to the front of the truck. Needless to say you can feel that **** in the steering weight without a doubt. That was the main driver for me getting the beefed up LCA's and outter rod ends, but until I get shocks all those parts are just sitting in a corner in the living room. It's frontiers copy of the ranch hand bumper which I love, but yea it's a heavy SOB. We got too many suicidal white tails and coyotes around here not to protect the front of the truck and now the "new texans" driving their prisuses 20 under in the left lane move over with a quickness.
Oh ****. Yea, that's alot of sprung weight for sure. But the protection is surely nice. New Texans [emoji23] that **** is too funny. Keep an down there jersey is bad enough.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

50BMG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't have any Eibach parts, so I can't answer your specific question. But I just wanted to make sure you're aware that Eibachs rear spring provides a 1" lift - which may be a better option than the 1.5" spacer if you're ordering Eibachs front components. I'd like to see someone do the full front & rear Eibach kit at 3.5"/1".

I haven't read through all the pages here yet, but Midwest, this is exactly what I plan on doing, but I'm not sure of a couple things...
1. Should I get new UCAs for the front running at 3.5"lift. I was looking at the Readylift UCAs because they looked fairly sturdy. Suggestions...?
2. Am I going to lose some weight hauling ability with the new rear coils. If so, I may just stay with the stock coils and use a 1" spacer to eliminate that possibilty.

I'm not lifting my Ram for anything other than a little more ground clearance for the side steps this truck is equipped with. I really don't want to sacrifice too much highway comfort or any weight hauling ability due to work use with my truck (hauling hardwood lumber) and the I periodically pull a 20' car hauler with my go fast car in it (@6000# loaded, 500+# on the tongue probably).

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had thought about Icon's as well, but last time I figured the price difference it wasn't much more to get the kings when you add in $240 for springs onto a F/R set (Assuming they use 14" springs on the 1500 set). I might hit them up as well for just a set of front coilovers if they can do it fast. And yea what a debacle indeed, I had ordered the eibach stuff the same week I ordered my bumpers assuming that I wouldn't be sagged out for too long. I went with that setup since I figured it would get me by until I decided to upgrade or just live with lower tier suspension.

https://wheelersoffroad.com/i-25489842-icon-14-x-700-lb-coil-spring-for-2-5-coilovers.html

Icons come with 650lbs springs in the RAM application from what they told me, but if you order them with the 700lbs springs you should not have to pay extra though I’ll call them 1st to make sure,i don't know if those 650lbs springs are 14" though but you can also ask them about that. they come preset at 2.5" lift, and it seems you could go to 3"

Bruiser did a great job documenting his Icon install, for example

https://www.ramforum.com/posts/1954003/

From my King install i can tell you the OEM performance from Kings uses a 14" long spring, 500lbs rate, 3.75" diameter. You could go 3.5" lift maybe a tad more, Icon says good up to 2.5” id think you could go 3", you can also order them with heavier springs, heavier springs will change the valving so it's recommended to go witth a vendor that can do the tunning as is just not as simple i want to go from 500 to 700lbs springs, techincally yes, realistically you want to valve the shock for what you need/want including truck total weight/spring pressure/height etc etc.

For instance, this is Kings OEM set at 2.25", look how many open threads you have underneath the collar, that's how much you can go up, but how much up i have no idea.
They come preset or at least mine did for about 1.5" lift, and you can't go lower than that in this particular application, i went up 3 full turns and that put me around 2.25"
46476452331_46ea1e5878_h.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

With stock bumper, this is pretty much how you set them for 2.5" lift, or 4 full turns, i could go up another 1" for a 3.5" easy, but i'm not interested in going there, i'm saving those open threads for extra weight, at 2.5" of lift i have about 3.5" of available droop, great CV angles, no issues with diff, tie rod angles are good etc, etc. If i lift another inch, that droop will go down to 2.5", Icon for example says they don't recommend less than 2" or the ride will suffer. Most of this stuff if not all are are tuned to live in the middle anything in between 2-3" lift will make your shocks work as intended.
Can you go up ? well up to you as the adjustability is there, i like my suspension to have full travel up/down as i use it all :)

45943953494_3fe59b3d23_h.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

Regarding shipping speed when it comes to 2.5 performance shocks or above, typically you have to wait 3-4 weeks as they’re made to order, perhaps there are dealers out there that could stock some ? You can contact Nick@gotexahust to see if he mau have some returns, maybe Carli or Thuren as they’re basically shops that make specific items for RAM's using Kings for example for their performance options though their prices are a little too much in everything they sell, or you could go with other big dealers like Filthy Motorsports (King dealer) or SDHQ Offroad (King,Fox,Icon), though Filthy told you 1-3 weeks? that means the're prob not stocking either. For the most part 2.5 body and above performance shocks are not available for you to open a box right away and take them home unless perhaps you're going straight to the manufacturer, and still.. i tried that approach with King (30 miles away from my house) and Radflo (25 miles away) and all they had available was to fullfill orders. Believe it or not this companies flip this stuff like hot bread and their demand is just crazy.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Icons come with 650lbs springs in the RAM application from what they told me, but if you order them with the 700lbs springs you should not have to pay extra though I’ll call them 1st to make sure,i don't know if those 650lbs springs are 14" though but you can also ask them about that. they come preset at 2.5" lift, and it seems you could go to 3"

Bruiser did a great job documenting his Icon install, for example

Icon got back to me and suggested their 700x14 springs over the stock 650x13 but said I wouldn't be able to preload them more than an additional inch or so which is fine by me. I went back to my Convo with Filthy and they suggested either 650 or 700 on the King's as well. For now I decided to get the eibach springs for my current 5100s as they're in stock. In the fall I might get myself the Icon's or the King's for my birthday or if I'm pleased with how the springs work out just get the Falcons and run the Eibach springs on those.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Icon got back to me and suggested their 700x14 springs over the stock 650x13 but said I wouldn't be able to preload them more than an additional inch or so which is fine by me. I went back to my Convo with Filthy and they suggested either 650 or 700 on the King's as well. For now I decided to get the eibach springs for my current 5100s as they're in stock. In the fall I might get myself the Icon's or the King's for my birthday or if I'm pleased with how the springs work out just get the Falcons and run the Eibach springs on those.
Thanks for the info. The 13” coil explains why the adjuster is almost all the way down to reach the 2.5 lift. You wouldn’t need that much preload with a 14” 700lbs to gain the same lift, same with a 14 650.

MidwestExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
I haven't read through all the pages here yet, but Midwest, this is exactly what I plan on doing, but I'm not sure of a couple things...
1. Should I get new UCAs for the front running at 3.5"lift. I was looking at the Readylift UCAs because they looked fairly sturdy. Suggestions...?
2. Am I going to lose some weight hauling ability with the new rear coils. If so, I may just stay with the stock coils and use a 1" spacer to eliminate that possibilty.

I'm not lifting my Ram for anything other than a little more ground clearance for the side steps this truck is equipped with. I really don't want to sacrifice too much highway comfort or any weight hauling ability due to work use with my truck (hauling hardwood lumber) and the I periodically pull a 20' car hauler with my go fast car in it (@6000# loaded, 500+# on the tongue probably).

1. I would do UCAs, to be on the safe side. Zone UCAs were kind of the go-to for awhile around here. ReadyLift UCAs seem to rising in popularity though, along with some others. As with most things in life, I think you get what you pay for. UCAs price range go from about $300 - $900. If you're not going to need the best, you might not want to pay for the best. Rough Country, although a lot of people talk badly about the brand, have UCAs that don't look terrible to me at maybe the lowest price point. I'm still on stock UCAs though, so I can't give 1st hand feedback. There are quite a lot of posts discussing UCAs in the forum.

2. I haven't read anything saying that the Eibach rear springs would decrease payload/towing capabilities, you could confirm with Eibach before ordering though. Sorry to say again, that I'm still on stock springs, so I have no 1st hand feedback for you on this.

*If you haven't read all the pages yet, you should be aware that the full Eibach kit is on back-order and getting all the parts may take awhile.

koceguera

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Hello Everyone! I just wanted to address that the kits will definitely be out of production in early May! We appreciate your patience and apologize for the delay. We have very high expectations for all of our products, and we experienced a delay in receiving the specific Wire that is used for the Kit. We greatly appreciate your business, and if you have any further questions about your orders I will be more than happy to look into it and help in any way possible! Please contact me at Koceguera@ eibach .com and I will do my best to assist you.

50BMG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2. I haven't read anything saying that the Eibach rear springs would decrease payload/towing capabilities, you could confirm with Eibach before ordering though. Sorry to say again, that I'm still on stock springs, so I have no 1st hand feedback for you on this.

*If you haven't read all the pages yet, you should be aware that the full Eibach kit is on back-order and getting all the parts may take awhile.

Thanks for the reply Midwest, and now that Dr. Eibach is part of this thread maybe we can all get this answered.
With the admitted "minimal" research I've done about lifting my truck, it seems to be a general concensus that the longer/lift springs dont handle as heavy of loads as even the stock Springs are designed to. I know the trucks C.G. will be higher off the ground with some lift and that would be expected to change things up a bit under extreme loads, but with my periodic work use of my truck, losing even 200-300# of load capacity would be a P.I.T.A.
Koceguera, any comment?

This is why I'm thinking of just using a spacer for the minimal 1"-1.5" of rear end lift that I may want with the Eibach struts & lift springs set up at 3.5" in the front.

I'm also set on using new UCAs when i lift and have been looking at various ones of those this morning.
Man, the Zone UCAs DO look pretty strong in comparison to the Rough Country and even the Ready Lift (which are the ones I was leaning toward due to them looking much beefier than the RC twigs).

Are there any steering geometry issues with even just 3.5" of front lift I need to know about?

Last edited:

sequoia464

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There were a couple threads floating around about these struts and springs recently. No real info out there about the Ram kit. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the front struts and springs. I installed them on Saturday. Install is the same as bilstein so no new info there. They ride great so far. They are definitely better than the strut spacers I had on previously. The spacers were starting to cause my upper balljoints to separate from the control arm and they squeaked constantly. These are quiet and ride smooth. Here are a couple pics.

cDbAmBv.jpg

aMCZAfy.jpg

M1XSvjH.jpg

Peq0EYN.jpg

SeVJG5l.jpg

i9iqVDt.jpg
Quite a long thread, it might have been posted but I'm not finding your tire size. Mind posting that again?

PerfectCreature

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For you guys changing rear shocks, this kit from Thuren is a good investment. Makes removal and installation easier

https://www.thurenfabrication.com/products/dodge-ram/09-18-1500-shock-nut-set.html

1500_shk_nut_kit.jpg

How does this tool work exactly? Do you still need to remove the fender liner with this?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello Everyone! I just wanted to address that the kits will definitely be out of production in early May! We appreciate your patience and apologize for the delay. We have very high expectations for all of our products, and we experienced a delay in receiving the specific Wire that is used for the Kit. We greatly appreciate your business, and if you have any further questions about your orders I will be more than happy to look into it and help in any way possible! Please contact me at Koceguera@ eibach .com and I will do my best to assist you.

Hello, thank you for dropping in and providing some info. We have sold a bunch of your kits to this great community and also had a bunch of orders canceled due to the lead times. I will be emailing you to discuss future stock as I would like to confidently offer your product without prolonged delays. We know things happen that is out of anyone's control but I would like to see if we can discuss future stock.

Thank you for your time and enjoy your evening.

50BMG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So Mike, how are you liking the ride thus far?
Is it a ton stiffer than the factory setup or is it still pretty comfy for long road trips, etc...?
I pretty positive I'm going to go this route on my 2016, but since I'm not really doing it to fit bigger meats under the truck I don't want a tank like ride afterward either...

OP
OP
mike19950

mike19950

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So Mike, how are you liking the ride thus far?
Is it a ton stiffer than the factory setup or is it still pretty comfy for long road trips, etc...?
I pretty positive I'm going to go this route on my 2016, but since I'm not really doing it to fit bigger meats under the truck I don't want a tank like ride afterward either...
I'm still very happy with the ride. It's not very stiff at all. Handles the bumps very well. Gonna take it on another road trip at the end of May. First one with the rear springs and shocks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Branden510

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
any issues running the 35s? rubbing issues set at the 2.75 setting?

OP
OP
mike19950

mike19950

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
any issues running the 35s? rubbing issues set at the 2.75 setting?
No issues at all. I do rub on the sway bar at full lock bit that's a wheel offset issue. The Eibachs are performing excellent on the beach this week so far as well. f36d357b98ece264df1e0a8dc77e75c2.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

koceguera

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I apologize for the lack of updates on this. We are working on getting this cleared up ASAP. In the meantime, we want to make sure we are helping everyone the best we can. Since we aren’t always able to be active on the forum, for the quickest response please contact us at TechSupport@ eibach .com or call us at 951-256-8300. Once we have more info we will post it here as well.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
See above post. Might be worth talking to them even though you already installed the other coils.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca