High horse performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I would use HHP before Arrington...but give modern muscle a shout as well. They are building the 392" for my regular cab.

Rupert

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 big horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
HHP is closer to me than MMPG ( Dave weber) , yet I drove 7 hours to get the parts for my 08 Charger R/T.

Dave is patient in explaining the nuances of each project.

He doesn't do "packages" , or stages, each project is done separately, based on YOUR goals.

He was the first person in my journey to ask me what I wanted, what my goals were.

I wanted to build a mid /high 11 sec N/A 5.7 stock bottom end.

Together with Builder bill ( Paramount performance) and both Johan and then Brent at DTP for the dyne tune, they designed and built the parts, I put it together, and beat the snot out of it.

Last week it went 11.6 @ 117 MPH. it has 87k on it and when Im not driving my RAM, its my daily driver. there is one other car in my self proclaimed "class" .

If I wasn't wanting be so involved I would have gone to HHP, they have the fastest Hellcat in the world I believe.

HHP also has a lot of experience and success with the Hemi's.

In a nutshell my opinion is if you want a unique build and have definite goals, or want to discuss possibilities talk to dave.

If you would be ok with a proven package or stage then HHP might get the nod.

I would talk to both and see which one you are comfortable with.
Then again shipping costs might be cheaper from Martinsville va to you ( Bloomington ill, right?) if all other factors are equal, to you.

Agreed with the Arrington statements..from what I have learned on the forums ( lx forums) my opinion is if you take your car to them and spend an assload of $ you will get a great result.

Buying parts, consulting on a build....seems to be a crap shoot.

Good luck and post up!

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I've worked with HHP, Arrington, and Modern Muscle. The guys at HHP were great with the early build process and starter tuning but I could never get a tune regularly out of Josh so I went else where for that. They were a big help in dealing with some issues that came up with the block that was assembled by another vendor whose doors are now closed so they're stand up guys. One benefit of the HHP shop is they work with BES for their engines and they are one of the best engine builders I know of. HHP also works with L&M for tuning so if you ever went with a L&M trans you'd be working with the HHP guys as well.

Dave at MMPG is who put my cam together and helped spec everything I needed for the new build. He was even willing to help out with information when I had no intention of purchasing anything at the time so he's got my business for other things that have come up.

Arrington did my heads and I was very happy with the turnaround and service I received. I would never use them for tuning or any other builds unless I was sending the vehicle to them as they're better at in-house stuff than remote work.