Honest Ram Feedback Poll

I took my Truck to dealership service ___ number of times.

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timeless

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine has only been for recall and I did it at the time of oil change.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
only 500 miles and sitting so nada, come springtime I need the right side mirror checked as it does not alway open/close on first try.

crash_eco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
In 17 months. It's been to the dealer at least 10x.

Mostly for recalls. They provided a free winter cover and installed it. So maybe that one doesn't count. Lol

They call so often to bring it in that I'm not sure I will buy another 1500 diesel ram.

SportyJames

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
In 17 months. It's been to the dealer at least 10x.

Mostly for recalls. They provided a free winter cover and installed it. So maybe that one doesn't count. Lol

They call so often to bring it in that I'm not sure I will buy another 1500 diesel ram.
Sounds like yours was built on the third shift on a Friday.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
Only one time for this truck for 2 recalls done at same time in 13716 miles almost two years old.

TapRackBang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I need to change my answer. I will be taking my truck in for a 3rd time for the same issue in god knows when since my dealership is so backlogged.

SoFLRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman 4x4
Engine
Pentastar V-6
Bought new with 6 miles on it. Only issue has been the blower motor failing at around 30k. And it kept frying the relay in the fuse box. Dealer replace the fuse box, then the blower motor. Then at 50k it started acting up again, the dealer was a week out on service appointment. I took the unit out and found it was the electric connection. Since I would have to cut it open, fix it, and glue it back together, I just went to Bennett Auto and bought a $95 motor/fan assembly. It is better than the OEM. The 7 speed is just in the controller, motor is just a variable speed.

A disclaimer for OEM part. My truck is a work truck, my office also. it sits at idle for extended periods while I review schedules, plans, write emails, make phone calls etc. It has 66k on the odometer, but the hour meter tells the story. over 3600 idle and over 2300 driving. Grand total of right below 6000 hrs on this truck. Almost all of those hrs are with the a/c blowing. The humidity in s Florida can fog everything up in a hurry, and since I dont have a shade tree ...lol

One of the reasons I went with the V6, was idle time/ gas burn. My trade in was a 5.9L 360 magnum, and that sucker would drink gas at idle the same as driving 70mph.

Over all I have been very satisfied with the Ram. Already spec ing out my next one!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Besides regular maintenance my truck has been to the dealer one time (fixed under warranty) for both exhaust manifolds leaking. Granted it still has less than 30k on the odometer

Zeak

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Only oil changes for mine. Sure I've only had it for 1 1/2 yrs and 20,000 miles but it hasn't given me any troubles. My 2011 2500 Cummins was trouble free for 3 yrs and 40,000 miles and my 08 1500 4.7 only had the steering rack replaced in 3 yrs and 40,000 miles. I really need to keep this truck longer and put some good miles on it. Unless I get rich or NEED another Cummins I don't think the wife will let me get a new one anyway. She has had the the same 2011 Grand Cherokee we bought new in 2010 so I guess she has a point since I have had 3 new trucks since 08.

I voted 0 but didn't get my truck 50% off, it was only 22%.

Last edited:

Joshwaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 CC 4x4 Laramie AirRide
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2016 Ram 4x4 Laramie, been in for service 6 times for same problem. Had it for 4 months. It has spent more than 30 days in service. Let's just hope my lemon law replacement truck will not have the same track record.

SportyJames

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2016 Ram 4x4 Laramie, been in for service 6 times for same problem. Had it for 4 months. It has spent more than 30 days in service. Let's just hope my lemon law replacement truck will not have the same track record.
What's the problem you're having?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
In twenty months and 15k on the clock.

7 recalls one still unresolved, guess they will fix it when the track bar falls off.

Service issues
1 E brake cable routed incorrectly from factory, cut thru tire and cable. (fiist visit dealer looked at it)
2 Replaced E brake cable and tire (second visit)
3 Third brake light replaced leaking
4 ABS / ESC lights on dash Dealer reset computer and deleted my CD player sales code.
5 Dealer tried to fix CD player code (say they cannot add it, yet they had and charged me previously to do just that) still not resolved
6 Turn light indicator on mirror burned out (diagnostic visit dealer broke the mirror)
7 Dealer fixed mirror and replaced turn signal light on second visit (apparently it takes 2 appts to replace a lightbulb)
8 Strong smell of antifreeze, leaking somewhere (going in asap)

There are some paint blemishes that should and likely would be covered under warranty but, I will live with those, rather than roll the dice with the dealer.

If I count the recall visits I have been to the dealer for service issues 15 times in close to as many months. I have had 9 new vehicles in my life and this one has been in the shop more than the other 8 combined. Yeah yeah crap happens and recalls are just apart of life BS, these trucks have some serious design flaws. The build quality especially in the Warren plant is terrible (straighten out the paint process please and control employee sabotage). Lastly the dealer support network is abysmal, rated the worst in the industry bar none two years in a row, not just the trucks but all FCA vehicles period.

Fiat has always been considered garbage junk automobiles, now they have the dubious distinction of turning
Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth, Jeep and Ram into junk as well. FCA get you **** together.

Just my 02

Last edited:

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
In twenty months and 15k on the clock.

7 recalls one still unresolved, guess they will fix it when the track bar falls off.

Service issues
1 E brake cable routed incorrectly from factory, cut thru tire and cable. (fiist visit dealer looked at it)
2 Replaced E brake cable and tire (second visit)
3 Third brake light replaced leaking
4 ABS / ESC lights on dash Dealer reset computer and deleted my CD player sales code.
5 Dealer tried to fix CD player code (say they cannot add it, yet they had and charged me previously to do just that) still not resolved
6 Turn light indicator on mirror burned out (diagnostic visit dealer broke the mirror)
7 Dealer fixed mirror and replaced turn signal light on second visit (apparently it takes 2 appts to replace a lightbulb)
8 Strong smell of antifreeze, leaking somewhere (going in asap)

There are some paint blemishes that should and likely would be covered under warranty but, I will live with those, rather than roll the dice with the dealer.
Man you have the worst luck with your dealer !
I've struck out with 3.5 dealers , meaning first three wer idiots and a fourth was only 1/2 idiots , mainly the service writers " who imo couldn't change a tire themselves " this place had a couple good techs .
I have found what I believe to be a good dealership , fingers crossed ! It's Autonation of Johnson City ,Tn.

Good luck to you Sir !

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i'm really getting tired of the ****** front end and electrical problems with my 2500.had it 2 years and it goes in for the 3rd time for major work.my ford 3- times in 10 years.i don't care if it's still under warranty,i see nothing but tears in the next few years.i also see a trade in for an fx4 or king ranch f350 in the next few years as well.

Last edited:

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Almost 3 years and 18500miles, only one major problem (body was misaligned with bed) and several minor ones. Bought it on 3/18/13 with 7 miles on it

1 Cab was put on frame noticeably crooked, dealer realigned body/bed (had to fight for this as the dealer told me "they don't make these perfect")

2 No menu in the EVIC for trailer brake controller, dealer didn't believe me the truck had a menu for the trailer brake controller, fixed after I showed them a identical truck off the lot that had that menu

3 6 speed trans had minor leak at pump seal, dealer fixed

4 Brought it in for Hemi Tick to document it, was given **** for changing my own oil

So far 3 Recalls: abs module reprogrammed, 2 airbag Recalls

Overall I absolutely love my truck. So far I've had no problems with the Uconnect 8.4 or any other electronics. So far it's been more reliable than my wife's 2014 Nissan Rogue.

Bssc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
warranty rear pinion
warranty hood latch for remote start
warranty evap core

3 oil changes and tire rotations
30k service

needs to go back front diff weeping after 30k service

hounddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 laramie 2500 credit cab 4x4 cummins
Engine
6.7 Cummins
All my service and maint is done by the dealership until 40k miles.

After that they go to a local shop for major stuff, my shop for my mechanics for less major stuff.

Out of our 6 Rams only 1 is/has given me issues and that's the '14 3500. Just can't seem to get the bugs worked out of it. Been to the dealership probably a dozen times and it's just under 40k miles. It's been a frustrating truck while our '15s and '16s have been literally trouble free and the '15s are all over 150,000 and the '16 all over 80k.

jettajam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2019
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bought my 2012 brand new and have not had one problem that was dealer worthy or required warranty work (56,000 miles on her). Although I did take it in for an oil change a year and half ago and they said the water pump has a small leak and was fixed under warranty.

But my 2011 (which I also bought brand new and lemon lawed) was a completely different story. All of the work I'm listing below was because of the grinding TCs that were installed in those F'd-up 5 speed trannys....here goes nothing:

-Rear differential rebuilt twice (ring and pinion)
-Dampers installed in the exhaust system
-Exhaust system replaced
-Tranny dropped and inspected (but TC not identified as culprit)
-Tranny drained, flushed, new filters installed
-3 visits where my truck stayed 2 or more days only to have them tell me they couldn't identify what I was describing
-I produced TSB on torque converter and they finally changed it out, which corrected the problem
-9 days later the starter stayed engaged and smoked all of the associated wiring
-Contacted lawyer....problem solved

Wbhvacer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Never been in for service the 15 months I've had it. I did replace the gasket in the third brake light recently myselfafter 5 straight days of rain but no other issues.

Me too didn't even give them a chance to RTV mine and screw up the paint.
Got gasket material from advanced auto and done in 15 min.

KarL45

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express quad cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 MDS
Overall I have been satisfied with my 2014. Also with the dealership. 25,000 miles which 10,000 have been towing. It has been in for routine maintenance plus about 6 recalls. Except for a failed TMPS a month after purchase, nothing. As for the recalls, have to this point not found any problems that were driving the recall. As for the dealership, even if I have to leave it for a few hours, a taxi service is immediately available or the offer to loan me another vehicle until the work is completed, which by the way, has always been in a timely manner. Very pleased so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357