How is a Dually Shipped?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrGreen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually Laramie Night Edition
Engine
This may be a stupid question but how does a dually get from the factory to the dealership? I really don't care how it gets from the factory to the shipping yard because it will probably go by boat or train. But I know where my dually comes into port, but how does it get from there to my dealership? In all my travels on the road, I have never seen a car hauler or even a flatbed shipping a dually to the dealership. Do they drive them from the port 150+ miles to the dealership? Seems that would not be good since it would have or could have lots of miles on them when you get it "new".

I even googled dually being transported and not one dually being carried by another truck showed up!

Mine is on order and was one of those questions that went thru my mind at 2am.

Anyway thanks in advance

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Yeah what he said ^^^ on a vehicle transport trailer like this:
Dually-truck-on-transporter2.jpg
Only time I've seen new trucks drove to the dealership was from the shop putting the work bodies on them.

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Yep. Top rack of the double.......

Attachments

• 20210715_115633.jpg
    20210715_115633.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
MrGreen

MrGreen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually Laramie Night Edition
Engine
Well, I guess that answers my question. Thanks all. I guess I got to be more observant.