How To Add Heated/Ventelated seats and Heated Wheel to Express/Tradesman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaizeNBlue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Or just listen to 00R/T.... much much smarter than me

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you guys post your part numbers? I'm going to start a centralized list of all part numbers and options/features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

56054484AA Tow/Haul / Traction Control / Heated/Ventelated Seats / Heated Wheel

Attachments

• 20170115_101907.jpg
    20170115_101907.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 129

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Just Made the harness that goes between the two seats. You must use TXL wire. Anything else the insulation is way to thick. Even with TXL it's trying. You want to make sure that you do not deform the insulation in any way. It has to maintain its shape integrity to fit in the connector. I used a pair of manual non ratcheting crimpers and did the wire and insulation separately. I then soldered each connection to make sure that everything was well attached. Since the other 4 wires come from the front of the truck (CAN IHS and steering wheel) I'll attach them when I install. It will make an easier installation. If all goes right, I'm taking Wednesday off to do the install. Last day here before the weather drops out.

Thanks Rick!!

IMG_0615_zpspwzrhq60.jpg

Last edited:

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Are any of you guys going to try to hook up the rear heat?

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Are any of you guys going to try to hook up the rear heat?

I'm not. I have the jumpseat and can't add a console so I'm not even sure where the back seat controls would go. I was about to run the wire from the PDC for them, then decided I'd probably never hook them up, so I didn't run it.

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unfortunately my Laramie rear seats didn't have the heated option so its a no go for me as well.

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So a thought for the rear seats if you have the bench seat up front like myself and DeereGuy. On my Caravan the rear seats are heated and the controls are mounted on each rear door. Could probably use those switches and just mount them to the rear on the Pillar or on the door itself. I'd prob opt for the pillar since you wouldn't have to run through the door grommet. Just an idea. I won't be doing mi e until this spring but if nobody's done it by then I'll be the guinea pig lol

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I know heated rears are only on crew cabs and optional on Laramie so a lot of people probably don't have them. I never gave it much thought because I don't even have rear seats. lol

MaizeNBlue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Back seat??? Hell it's going to be a small miracle for me to pull off the seats and wheel! ... talking about back seat *smh* ( I totally still have my stock Express back seat, so not a option )

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm getting anxious for the seats to get here. And overcome with crippling fear I have to add wiring! I hope I don't but man it's taking over. The next 40 hours are going to kill me.

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I installed my seats today and was able to get the heat to work!!! The ventilation is not working for some reason, but I may have mispinned something. It started to rain on me, so I was hurried to finish it.

Rick, can you double check your schematics for me? When you wrote it up you said that pin 4 of the passenger side (Heated Seat Return) goes to pin 2 of the drivers side. It looks like pin 2 on my schematic is for the left rear heated seat temp sense. Pin 19 on my schematic is the heated seat return. I'm wondering if there is a difference in wiring between your truck and mine.

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am at work but I will check when I get home. I could have made a mistake when I typed it all out. As far as I know the trucks should be the same. Oh and congratulations! On the ventelation part of it does it not work on either side? I am thinking it should work on the drivers side even if you had the passenger side pinned wrong. The drivers side should only need to be connected to the CAN which obviously it is or the heat wouldnt work and have power to both pink/yellow wires in the driivers side yellow seat plug. Do the blue lights come on in either switch when you press them?

Last edited:

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I am at work but I will check when I get home. I could have made a mistake when I typed it all out. As far as I know the trucks should be the same. Oh and congratulations! On the ventelation part of it does it not work on either side? I am thinking it should work on the drivers side even if you had the passenger side pinned wrong. The passenger side should only need to be connected to the CAN which obviously it is or the heat wouldnt work and have power to both pink/yellow wires in the driivers side yellow seat plug. Do the blue lights come on in either switch when you press them?

No. I don't get any lights on either ventilated buttons. The heated buttons on both sides act like they should. First press two lights, second press one light, third press off. I also get the little heated seat at the top of the radio. I double checked the pictures I took and Everything looks wired correctly. I'll have to dig into it a little more when I have time. Right now the heated seats is what I really need lol

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is strange hopfuly you csn figurevit out when you have time. Sorry typed that wrong on my last post meant to say (driver's) side only needs to be connected to CAN and power. Im sure you knew that's what I meant just clarifying my mistake for others.

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
A few pics from my install

The I311 bracket with the connector removed. I kind of brute forced mine out but I think you spread the tabs at the top and bottom and then slide the connector out towards you.

IMG_0628_zpskpjdbgcz.jpg

I311 with the steering wheel terminals added. Pins 35 and 40.

IMG_0625_zpswezymvfz.jpg

CAN BUS IHS --> Behind drivers side kick panel above parking sense module

IMG_0629_zpsb30k224e.jpg

And the three finished connectors

IMG_0632_zpsuyd2ctox.jpg

IMG_0631_zps3qvywyrv.jpg

IMG_0630_zpsp6zatoti.jpg

Last edited:

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

69mach1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings 6.7
Very helpful pics :favorites13: I've got to find some time to order the connectors & crimpers! Loving my seats, now it would be great to get the seat heaters working, brrrrr all of 32° this morning ;-)

A few pics from my install

The I311 bracket with the connector removed. I kind of brute forced mine out but I think you spread the tabs at the top and bottom and then slide the connector out towards you.

IMG_0628_zpskpjdbgcz.jpg

I311 with the steering wheel terminals added. Pins 35 and 40.

IMG_0625_zpswezymvfz.jpg

CAN BUS IHS --> Behind drivers side kick panel above parking sense module

IMG_0629_zpsb30k224e.jpg

And the three finished connectors

IMG_0632_zpsuyd2ctox.jpg

IMG_0631_zps3qvywyrv.jpg

IMG_0630_zpsp6zatoti.jpg

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
No. I don't get any lights on either ventilated buttons. The heated buttons on both sides act like they should. First press two lights, second press one light, third press off. I also get the little heated seat at the top of the radio. I double checked the pictures I took and Everything looks wired correctly. I'll have to dig into it a little more when I have time. Right now the heated seats is what I really need lol

Maybe a dumb question but is it possible the seats you bought are heated only?

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Maybe a dumb question but is it possible the seats you bought are heated only?

Yeah I had that thought. They were advertised as heated and cooled out of a 16 Laramie and have the ventilated fabric in the center so I don't know for sure yet. I'll have to look at the module under the seat and see what wiring is there.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Yeah I had that thought. They were advertised as heated and cooled out of a 16 Laramie and have the ventilated fabric in the center so I don't know for sure yet. I'll have to look at the module under the seat and see what wiring is there.

Do they have the Laramie emblem embossed in the back rest? Some of the sport seats are leather with perforated cloth inserts and are heated only. I have a Sport center stack that has the heat buttons only, yet it has dual zone auto climate and the truck came with an RA4. Its weird that Fiat made the ventilated seats an additional option on the Sport. I could be wrong but I think heated / ventilated is standard on all Laramies.

Last edited: