How To Add Heated/Ventelated seats and Heated Wheel to Express/Tradesman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruiner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Sadly yes, I appreciate it.

If the screen shows the modules greyed out, how can you bypass that to get them activated?

69mach1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings 6.7
Rick that is really great news :happy107: I misunderstood looking at pics of the yellow & gray floor connectors :crazy: One thing I do know is the CAN BUS wires should be a twisted pair to minimize noise on the CAN BUS lines. I'll be moving this up on the to-do list now :)
Thanks for the info and encouragement!

You will need to run the same wires I did for the most part. There are only a total of 9 wires that need to be connected besides hooking up the correct ignition on run power to the two pink/yellow wires in the drivers side yellow seat plug. You will need 5 wires that run from the passenger seat yellow plug to the drivers seat gray plug, two heated wheel wires from the gray drivers seat plug to the correct plug under the dash and two more wires from the drivers side gray plug to the IHS CAN + and IHS CAN-. That's pretty much it.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On top of all this I see steering wheel thrown about. If again I have a bighorn, what wiring will be needed for the heated wheel. Im in Florida so I may never use it, but I just cant have a button without purpose.

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes you should have the wiring for the heated wheel. You will need to buy a Heated Wheel and a different clockspring. If you don't buy a complete wheel off of a salvaged vehicle you can also purchase a new heated wheel only and install it but you will need to buy the heated wheel harness as well to connect it to the heated wheel clockspring.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
On top of all this I see steering wheel thrown about. If again I have a bighorn, what wiring will be needed for the heated wheel. Im in Florida so I may never use it, but I just cant have a button without purpose.

I thought all bighorns came with a heated wheel, never personally seen one without heated only front seats, power drivers seat and the heated wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought all bighorns came with a heated wheel, never personally seen one without heated only front seats, power drivers seat and the heated wheel.

Not a lot of cold weather packages down here in Florida. I bet its nearly standard up there.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

My experience has been just the opposite. When I was looking for trucks earlier this year I'd say only about 20% of the Big Horns I found had that option.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You had me till clock spring, Im not that savy. Oh well a dead button.

My seats are shipped so a few more days and I will bring my gopro into the truck and plug it all in see if it works! Great deal out of Iowa.

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Does anyone know how to remove the I311 connector from its mounting bracket? I need to get behind it to pin two wires into it for the heated steering wheel and can't figure out how it releases.

IMG_0610_zpsbhhe8tpv.jpg

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got my heated/cooled, front end rear pdc, traction, heated wheel, and tow haul buttons todays. Wanted to confirm there are only 3 pins populated in the connector. I imagine is +voltage, ground, data?

Also you sure my bighorn needs to upgrade the clockspring for the wheel and it's not already in there?

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Got my heated/cooled, front end rear pdc, traction, heated wheel, and tow haul buttons todays. Wanted to confirm there are only 3 pins populated in the connector. I imagine is +voltage, ground, data?

Also you sure my bighorn needs to upgrade the clockspring for the wheel and it's not already in there?

Yes. All the switch blocks use the same wiring except for the HD one with the AUX switches.

Your truck definitely won't have the heated wheel clockspring. There's no reason why they would install a more expensive part when it accomplishes nothing.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes. All the switch blocks use the same wiring except for the HD one with the AUX switches.

Your truck definitely won't have the heated wheel clockspring. There's no reason why they would install a more expensive part when it accomplishes nothing.

Thanks and darn.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Step 1 for me.

83391d1485205217-what_did_you_do_your_4th_gen_week-20170123_151950.jpg

MaizeNBlue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wheel and seats

Last edited:

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Can you guys post your part numbers? I'm going to start a centralized list of all part numbers and options/features.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Can you guys post your part numbers? I'm going to start a centralized list of all part numbers and options/features.

68137063AB - Basic Tow/Haul & ESP plus heated seats and wheel

MaizeNBlue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Will get it to ya the next time I take the bezel off

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members