How To: Install a 2018 4C (UAQ/UAS) Radio in 2013 - 2017 RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I've also noticed that I get no text notification from UConnect while Android auto is connected/displayed (I assume the same for CarPlay) because the notification comes through those apps instead. Does this happen when you are only connected to Bluetooth and not plugged in to the USB?
Now that I think about it, when I’m plugged in and connected to CarPlay, there is no sound indication of a text message, either. A notification will pop up at the bottom of the screen, but I would have to be constantly looking to notice. I sure hope I’m overlooking some settings, otherwise it’s not interfaced very well. The alpine and pioneer CarPlays I had before would interrupt the music with the clear text message sound, plugged in and Bluetooth.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Now that I think about it, when I’m plugged in and connected to CarPlay, there is no sound indication of a text message, either. A notification will pop up at the bottom of the screen, but I would have to be constantly looking to notice. I sure hope I’m overlooking some settings, otherwise it’s not interfaced very well. The alpine and pioneer CarPlays I had before would interrupt the music with the clear text message sound, plugged in and Bluetooth.
Is if possible you inadvertently turned it down? The only way I've seen to change them is with the volume buttons while the notification is playing.

An easier way I found to see when/if the notification is actually playing is having the audio settings equalizer screen up while you send yourself texts and/or NAV prompts are playing. You will see the equalizer go flat while notifications are playing. It's during that flat time when you would try to quickly turn up the volume.

I found the compass NAV relationship when I changed the compass mounting orientation from "right side up" to "upside-down". This effectively broke the NAV and it wouldn't progress on a route properly unless the compass orientation agreed with the GPS information (compass said faced south, GPS shows northbound, no progress or jerky progress on built in NAV)

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

firehawk618

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you have a USB drive in? I've seen something similar happen but it remembered and restored all of my settings without me prompting it to.

So if you have a USB drive in remove it, set your settings band see if it sticks. If it does, format the USB and put whatever music you had back on it.

In short I "think" it's storing customer settings on the USB...

No usb in it. This morning I only lost half my Xm presets.....wtf?

firehawk618

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, I use maps on CarPlay so I can double check against the factory navigation, and this is when I find out that you can’t actually (practically) switch back and forth between the two nav systems. If I’m running a route to destination on the factory navigation, and I want to switch to the same route I have entered on maps in CarPlay, the factory nav route will be canceled, and vice versa.

Mine behaves the same with Android auto.

In my 2018 Cruze it does the same thing.

That's two different factory navigation systems that I have had where you cannot flip between maps if you have a route set in one or the other.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I just thought of something else I haven't seen others report. On mine, I constantly (every Bluetooth connection) must allow UConnect access to messaging from my phone. If yours is doing this too maybe that's the reason you get no notification (messaging permissions not set on phone)?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
On another note, I've found that the display for the reverse camera does actually dim perceptibly at night. However, it is not nearly as dim as the "5" (or below) setting where most of us likely have our screens dimmed too at night. Instead it dims to roughly the 8 brightness setting...resulting in screen brightness going up when placed in reverse.

Brian Lee

US Air Foirce Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I noticed this too. I'm into work in the early am and every time I back in I can tell the screen gets brighter, lights up the cab a little.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
If anyone is looking for spare parts I know of two yards now selling 1 UAS and 1 UAQ with issues.

The UAS has a bad screen and stopped the compass from displaying in the EVIC (I suspect this could be fixed by flashing firmware but it shipped with 22.6 so there is no way to tell right now). In addition, whatever the yard used as a cleaner made all of the labels fade but I took pictures as soon as I got it so that info is preserved. I have the unlock code too if the yard doesn't offer it.

The UAQ is stuck in a firmware bootloop but has a good screen. I tried multiple times to fix it and only succeeded in getting it to display an error code (Error 20).

If anyone is interested I'll send you the details. Just let me know.

ManualCummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Where can I find out in about an hour if all the work I went through was worth it to make a security hub work in a 2014
To see if it fixes my back up camera issue I took a radio harness amp install kit and spliced in the connectors for the security module
I have the security module out of a 2018 ram 2500 that came with a G 56
I’ve tried about everything and hit a brick walls everywhere I swapped out the BCM I swapped out the direct radio out of that vehicle
I even swapped out the camera still no go I checked every wire location and the only thing that I can find different that I haven’t tried is the security module but that one’s going to be off the list soon

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
How Much are they asking
Last offer for the UAQ was $200 but it wasn't worth it to me. I would only buy it if you need a new screen and or have broken plugs you want fixed.

The UAS recycler said they will probably put it in eBay for parts. I bet they'd take $200 but they didn't tell me what they were planning to sell it for.

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Still trying to see if there are any settings I can change in the BCM that will not cause any ill side effects to enable different theme options on my 18' Ram UAQ. I tried changing several special package options & setting both the same with no luck. a1d5061ebfe183ebfe100999bc82e83a.jpg

17' CCSB 4X4 68RFE 2500 6.7 Tradesman DRP EGR delete, CTT tuning w/TCM tuning, UAQ w/7 speed HVAC, 7" premium EVIC, OEM front Parksense, OEM style front camera, aux switches, OEM remote start

black89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I read through a lot of this thread however I'm still not clear if I have to find a UAQ (want nav) with the PN 68331631AH? It seems like many people are using 2019 units or something with different PN's like 332 or AE etc...

I have a 2016 sport with 8.4" auto climate.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I read through a lot of this thread however I'm still not clear if I have to find a UAQ (want nav) with the PN 68331631AH? It seems like many people are using 2019 units or something with different PN's like 332 or AE etc...

I have a 2016 sport with 8.4" auto climate.

In short, the last characters like "AH" are part revisions. The next revision will be AI, then AJ and AK. I believe AK is the newest and is found in 2019 classics. All of the aforementioned part revisions are compatible with your application.

ManualCummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hey so I got a question I ended up going back to my RA4
But I put in the newer HVAC module that’s recommended for a Uaq because I like how I have control of the vents better
with the old module when you would put it on face it wouldn’t come out On face when on heat
Ram 2014 2500
With the new module it comes out where it supposed to
However my rear defrost light is on and flashes when I press the button

stagetwo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Screens for the UAQ and UAS radios can be bought directly from China for as low as $73. I know China anything is a sore spot right now but vendors on Alibaba com have the LG screens. Using PP to pay, you have some protection. LG part #
LA084X01 (SL) (01)AE4F1C10-E39C-4D60-8F22-5412C7314B2B.png

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Screens for the UAQ and UAS radios can be bought directly from China for as low as $73. I know China anything is a sore spot right now but vendors on Alibaba com have the LG screens. Using PP to pay, you have some protection. LG part #
LA084X01 (SL) (01)View attachment 200868
Posted about that a while back. I believe the $73 ones are salesman samples and not meant for resale but they should work just fine. I think with shipping it's just under $100.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Ok, here's the fix should any of you run across Communication Error 8 when connecting to your UConnect systems for Android Auto...

First Uninstall Android Auto from your phone

Then download the latest release of Android Auto Here (the version in Google Play is older for some reason) and install it.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/googl...ging-5-1-500644-release-android-apk-download/

Then connect your phone to your truck and answer all of the permission/setup prompts. You should now have working Android Auto on your Uconnect system.

I found one other Jeep user who posted on this. I imagine it was just that last January update that broke it and/or the fix wasn't implented until this latest version of AA. I haven't had the radio long enough to say for sure...

EDIT: this error popped up again after resetting my phone. The aforementioned fix wouldn't work. I ended up having to remove the radio fuse and letting it sit for about 15 minutes. Once I restored power AA worked as expected.

0298fd79a49be7dffc10356bc756921b.jpg

UPDATE: this error popped up again after resetting my phone. The aforementioned fix wouldn't work. I ended up having to remove the radio fuse and letting it sit for about 15 minutes. Once I restored power AA worked as expected.