How To: Install a 2018 4C (UAQ/UAS) Radio in 2013 - 2017 RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have not had a chance to read through all the pages but has anyone tried the USB C media hub out of the Gen 5 with the Gen 4 UAx radios?

This is the part number for the front media hub: 68272254AE

CodyTacy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just installed UAQ radio as an upgrade to 2014 with the older 8.4. Couple issues im seeing:

1) new radio has dual zone ac. (How can I set to single zone since that’s what truck AC is)
2) new radio has controls for heated steering wheel & seats. (How can I get rid of those, truck has neither)

akordboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just installed UAQ radio as an upgrade to 2014 with the older 8.4. Couple issues im seeing:

1) new radio has dual zone ac. (How can I set to single zone since that’s what truck AC is)
2) new radio has controls for heated steering wheel & seats. (How can I get rid of those, truck has neither)
It should read your BCM and fix itself. My had the same thing and the BCM fixed it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel

Give the radio a couple hours and/or a couple big drive cycles to "read" the BCM, it should update on its own.

CodyTacy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the replies, I’ll wait and see if that works.

Couple more things:

1) I had the Uconnect access app prior where I could lock/unlock using my phone. Is that service still usable with the new radio?
2) only front speakers on all radio modes working

Last edited:

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
No Uconnect services will work on transplanted radios. Uconnect to your radio, "You're dead to me."; your radio :(

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Anybody for the rear speakers not working issue?
Using AlfaOBD, you could try..
... go into BCM/ car configuration change/ECU Config 3/ and select Cabin EQ Curve Number ... Set it to another DS truck's 6 speaker system, reset shut the truck off, reset the radio (pull inline fuse/or battery) and wait for the radio to finish it's reset (when sxm button shows up and backup camera works again). Once done, and if it works, try putting it back to the correct setting for your truck/Cab config. e6e42f3a1ea31e648df432174a0782a7.jpg621df67a03ebcb5f7ac776e365f8514b.jpg

M² Mods.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Anybody for the rear speakers not working issue?

Posts #681 & 682, page 69 of this thread, I had the same exact issue after installing my UAQ. See the successful results I had after getting help from @Mpgrimm2 and @Lawsuit11.

Last edited:

CodyTacy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Using AlfaOBD, you could try..
... go into BCM/ car configuration change/ECU Config 3/ and select Cabin EQ Curve Number ... Set it to another DS truck's 6 speaker system, reset shut the truck off, reset the radio (pull inline fuse/or battery) and wait for the radio to finish it's reset (when sxm button shows up and backup camera works again). Once done, and if it works, try putting it back to the correct setting for your truck/Cab config. e6e42f3a1ea31e648df432174a0782a7.jpg621df67a03ebcb5f7ac776e365f8514b.jpg

M² Mods.

not sure what’s up with mine, when I get to the value change, there is no drop down menu for cabin curve, there is only a value field where it asks for a manual input

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
not sure what’s up with mine, when I get to the value change, there is no drop down menu for cabin curve, there is only a value field where it asks for a manual input
What year is your truck?

Maybe try a different year /truck group for your BCM... I pulled this up on the app without being connected to the truck. If it's not showing the options, b may need to contact the developer to get it fixed again

M² Mods.

CodyTacy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What year is your truck?

Maybe try a different year /truck group for your BCM... I pulled this up on the app without being connected to the truck. If it's not showing the options, b may need to contact the developer to get it fixed again

M² Mods.

got alfaobd to show the right things now. Tried setting to different speaker configurations a few times, still nothing coming from rear speakers

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
got alfaobd to show the right things now. Tried setting to different speaker configurations a few times, still nothing coming from rear speakers

Did you pull the inline 20a radio fuse near the brake booster /disconnect the battery and then wait for the UAq/UAs radio to finish its reset as mentioned? (plus disconnect/shutoff/let the truck go to sleep between all changes).

These panasonic radios can take anywhere from 15-30mins to 2-3days for fully reset and have the updated BCM configuration loaded into them. They are definitely not 'quick'.

CodyTacy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you pull the inline 20a radio fuse near the brake booster /disconnect the battery and then wait for the UAq/UAs radio to finish its reset as mentioned? (plus disconnect/shutoff/let the truck go to sleep between all changes).

These panasonic radios can take anywhere from 15-30mins to 2-3days for fully reset and have the updated BCM configuration loaded into them. They are definitely not 'quick'.

i did pull the fuse. Just disconnected the battery and gonna let that sit for a bit. I’ll wait a few days to see if anything changes

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
PS: is your UAQ a ram version with PN 68331631Ax ?

What application version is it on?

(Press Temp Up + Temp Down + Frt Defrost for 6-10secs to get into dealer menu and check radio info section)

M² Mods.

CodyTacy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

(Press Temp Up + Temp Down + Frt Defrost for 6-10secs to get into dealer menu and check radio info section)

M² Mods

M² Mods.

68396158AC Out of Jeep Compass. View media item 29103

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey so I got a question I ended up going back to my RA4
But I put in the newer HVAC module that’s recommended for a Uaq because I like how I have control of the vents better
with the old module when you would put it on face it wouldn’t come out On face when on heat
Ram 2014 2500
With the new module it comes out where it supposed to
However my rear defrost light is on and flashes when I press the button
Why did you decide to go back to the RA4? I have a 14 and bought a UAQ and honestly didn't care for it. I know they are the hot ticket but I pulled it and put my RA4 back in. The only advantage that I could see was the CarPlay/ Android Auto capability which I realized I didn't really use much anyway. plus my truck being a 14 I had all the little glitches with the radio even with the customtronix module that were annoying. I have an android phone so my RA4 voice texts fine plus I like the way the RA4 looks and works better and it sounds way better in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk