How To: Install a 2018 4C (UAQ/UAS) Radio in 2013 - 2017 RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok .I just bought the compass one .May switch it up later though if I miss the dual usb. My center console is full of cigarette lighter chargers though

Last edited:

jdip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm getting all the parts first and haven't even gotten the radio yet haha .Who on here said they got one from lkq? How do you get the pin? They give you the donor Vin

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'm getting all the parts first and haven't even gotten the radio yet haha .Who on here said they got one from lkq? How do you get the pin? They give you the donor Vin
You may not get the P/N from LKQ but they will list the source vehicle VIN on their site. You can use the VIN to look up the equipment listing using this link:

http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/index.html

Select "equipment listing" on the left and enter the VIN in the window that appears on the right side. That will bring up a build sheet for the source vehicle.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

jdip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You may not get the P/N from LKQ but they will list the source vehicle VIN on their site. You can use the VIN to look up the equipment listing using this link:

http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/index.html

Select "equipment listing" on the left and enter the VIN in the window that appears on the right side. That will bring up a build sheet for the source vehicle.

Thanks. How can you get the unlock code if they don't provide it?

@DeereGuy In the initial post it says "be cautious of radios with revision AA" due to them being " crapshoot" Is this in reference to the firmware version or is there actually other problems that may arise? I am talking to someone who has an AA revision UAQ for sale but it's on software version 19

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Thanks. How can you get the unlock code if they don't provide it?

@Mpgrimm2 In the initial post it says "be cautious of radios with revision AA" due to them being " crapshoot" Is this in reference to the firmware version or is there actually other problems that may arise? I am talking to someone who has an AA revision UAQ for sale but it's on software version 19
I'll let see someone else answer on revisions and specific parts, but the unlock code so can be had from several websites. I went to my dealership and got mine free of charge. I only needed to provided MY VIN and the "new" radio's serial number (take a picture of the back before installing)...

jdip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok. I assume a receipt of purchase of the part should suffice also so they don't give any crap.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Ok. I assume a receipt of purchase of the part should suffice also so they don't give any crap.
I didn't need that, they just made a record of who now had the radio.

jdip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got the build sheet for this truck.
It says 4c radio but also says "all vp4 radio"
The listing for the part says it has nav built in but I cannot find it on the build sheet and the only photos of the radio don't show nav in the menu (on the new radios you can move that menu around though so it may not necessarily be there but have it installed?)

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got the build sheet for this truck.
It says 4c radio but also says "all vp4 radio"
The listing for the part says it has nav built in but I cannot find it on the build sheet and the only photos of the radio don't show nav in the menu (on the new radios you can move that menu around though so it may not necessarily be there but have it installed?)

I would say get the actual part number from the radio. Have them send you a Picture of the label And compare it to this thread to confirm Nav. People do lie and try to rip people off. You want 4c-Nav. Or UAQ. PN - 68331631xx. There is other UAQ radios that work but that is the Ram radio PN

2018 Black Pearl Ram 1500

LED Tail Lights, Black 4 Quad Halogens with HID conversion, LED Black 3rd Break Light, Blacked Out Emblems, 8.4 UAQ conversion!

jdip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've asked them for a photo of the apps menu or the settings page with the pn on it .In the photo of the radio it's powered on and is definitely the 4c since it has that look to the menus and the bold text of the font where the temp and time is etc. I'll see if they get back to me on a saturday

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I would say get the actual part number from the radio. Have them send you a Picture of the label And compare it to this thread to confirm Nav. People do lie and try to rip people off. You want 4c-Nav. Or UAQ. PN - 68331631xx. There is other UAQ radios that work but that is the Ram radio PN

2018 Black Pearl Ram 1500

LED Tail Lights, Black 4 Quad Halogens with HID conversion, LED Black 3rd Break Light, Blacked Out Emblems, 8.4 UAQ conversion!
Can't really go wrong with this advice...if they'll provide it get it.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

I purchased an RA2 from LKQ and they provided me with a sales reciept with the VIN from the donor. I just took the receipt and the radio to my local dealers parts dept and showed them both. They printed me out a nice page with the donor VIN,
radio serial # and the radio unlock code. Worked perfect first time :)

BTW, LKQ is really customer friendly with no tax or shipping (Many items). Plus a 180 day warranty and will take your item back and issue a full refund if your not happy with your purchase as long as you pay return shipping. Between LKQ and Keystone (same company) I've made a LOT of purchases over many years.

Last edited:

jdip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does this menu look right? This is the unit I was looking at. Idk if you can change the menu appearance or not? It just doesnt look like all the other photos of the 4c's ive seen. I want to get it so I don't lose out on it .

$C96989-100_1_fmt.jpg

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I purchased an RA2 from LKQ and they provided me with a sales reciept with the VIN from the donor. I just took the receipt and the radio to my local dealers parts dept and showed them both. They printed me out a nice page with the donor VIN,
radio serial # and the radio unlock code. Worked perfect first time :)

BTW, LKQ is really customer friendly with no tax or shipping (Many items). Plus a 180 day warranty and will take your item back and issue a full refund if your not happy with your purchase as long as you pay return shipping. Between LKQ and Keystone I've made a LOT of purchases over many years.
Agreed on LKQ. I have a yard near me so returns are free...

icetraxx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just remember it takes a couple of key cycles and a little time for all of the features and screens to get setup. MY UAQ took a a couple of starts and overnight resting before everything came up like it should.

Does this menu look right? This is the unit I was looking at. Idk if you can change the menu appearance or not? It just doesnt look like all the other photos of the 4c's ive seen. I want to get it so I don't lose out on it .

View attachment 145508

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

View attachment 145508
Can't tell from that picture is it's a 4c or 4c Nav radio. Only a few ways to know... Pull the radio to get the PN (best way); pull up the apps menu to see if the Nav icon is there (could have been removed from the main menu by user); or check the original VIN/build sheet

Pm me a link and I will see if anything else let's us know

M² Mods.

jdip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@icetraxx That's from the donor vehicle on the parts site.

@Mpgrimm2 I pulled the build sheet and this is what it says .I also sent you a pm .I know worst case scenario I end up with a uas which I still wouldn't mind.

Screenshot_20181103-211018_Drive.jpg

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
@icetraxx That's from the donor vehicle on the parts site.

@Mpgrimm2 I pulled the build sheet and this is what it says .I also sent you a pm .I know worst case scenario I end up with a uas which I still wouldn't mind.
Looks like it's most likely a UAS radio...
"uConnect 4C with 8.4" Display"
(vs uConnect 4C Nav with 8.4" Display)
de014465cec5f3f55b3f1ec6e007ded9.jpg

M² Mods.

jdip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So just to update the lkq yard never got back to me on that radio which was probably a UAS and it sold before I could call the yard again. I ended up getting a uaq off a seller on eBay. I already have a 911 bypass and media Hub harness on the way and a new media Hub on the way so all I needed was the radio.

Can I get a count of how many people actually have Canadian trucks here that installed a 4c with no problems and if you got a Canadian 4c or USA version?

I messaged the seller regarding what firmware version they are and luckily she said they have 18.x so I won't get it with the bad audio. I also asked about a donor Vin regarding the uconnect updates since I don't have the cellular shark fin antenna. Just wanted to confirm no one had any problems. I bought the radio anyway

This is what she said "
This newer model UAQ has built in 4g cellular modem. It automatically updates via OTA by itself using the built in 4g modem (with user/driver permission) unlike the old RA4 system that uses USB or OTA (via paired/connected phone's cellular data) The newest one we have has 18.33.24. Production/manufactured date :Sept. 2018 (less than 2 months old up to this day). We do have the codes but we do not have the VIN. Some of our units are new and never installed so there's no VIN assigned to it. Let us know how you want to proceed"

jdip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just went back and also re read the entire thread while I mentally prepare myself for everything to arrive. Wanted to clear up a few things that seemed to pop up in the 45 pages that didn't seem to be confirmed if they are not resolved.

I did notice that people were reporting the dash cluster having problems with nav turn by turn with displaying broken characters/text (post says looks like backwards Ls) when the new 4c was installed.

Similar to above I believe the same person stated the sirius xm channel that displays in the cluster was "sticking" and if you change the channel the cluster stays on the last channel.

An additional post indicated the text (song artist info) from sirius and fm radio was cutting off and not displaying complete song names/info.

Can anyone weigh in on these?