How To: Install a 2018 4C (UAQ/UAS) Radio in 2013 - 2017 RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Got a unit from a 2018 RAM. Easy swap and working as expected. Just waiting for the rest of the controls (Seat Heat/Cool) to show up.

I've seen some conflicting info on this topic. But I have a 2017 Ram 1500 with factory 8.4 non-nav unit and dual ATC. I added heated steering wheel and heated/cooled seats all enabled with AlphaOBD. I have now installed an 8.4 non-nav unit from a 2018 Ram 1500. The heated steering wheel soft button is showing up but the driver and passenger seat controls are not. It's been approximately 24 hrs and about half a dozen starts since the install. Any ideas on what I should look into or do I just need to give it more time?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've seen some conflicting info on this topic. But I have a 2017 Ram 1500 with factory 8.4 non-nav unit and dual ATC. I added heated steering wheel and heated/cooled seats all enabled with AlphaOBD. I have now installed an 8.4 non-nav unit from a 2018 Ram 1500. The heated steering wheel soft button is showing up but the driver and passenger seat controls are not. It's been approximately 24 hrs and about half a dozen starts since the install. Any ideas on what I should look into or do I just need to give it more time?
They should show up on the 15 and up trucks. The 13 and 14 trucks require a module in the radio harness for the controls to show up. As long as you're sure you have all the codes enabled which obviously they should be you might want to disconnect the battery for a while and reconnect it so the radio will read the BCM again. Most of the time 24hrs is enough time for everything to show up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Battery disconnect did not help. Going to disable the codes and re-enable them to see if that helps.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Any iPhone app in Carplay! Trying out a new tweak called Carbridge that allows you use any app on your iPhone in Carplay. Not all apps will look good or function properly especially if they do not follow Apple's guidelines. This tweak requires a jailbroken iPhone. I use Unc0ver https://unc0ver.dev and it works great on my daily iPhone. If you Google and find a site that says they have Carbridge for unjailbroken iPhones it is a scam. Here is the link for the authors site https://carbridgetweak.com

Short video of Gmail and Safari
View media item 28416
This thread in Safari
View media item 28414
Gmail
View media item 28415

Update.

The Carbridge developer has a new companion tweak called Canvas. It allows you to make any image the background for Carbridge. Also, there is a new jailbreak tool out called checkra1n. It runs off a Mac desktop to jailbreak iPhone 5s thru iPhone X, iOS 12.3 and up. https://checkra.in/ Make sure to only use this URL. There are a bunch of fakes popping up. Here is a link on how to use checkra1n. https://www.idownloadblog.com/2019/11/10/how-to-jailbreak-with-the-checkra1n-public-beta/ Some of my friends have a separate iPhone just for the car to run Carbridge.

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Battery disconnect did not help. Going to disable the codes and re-enable them to see if that helps.

Still dealing with no soft buttons on the radio for the heated/cooled seats. Disable and re-enable did not make a difference. Might need to disable for a couple of days then try again. Anyone experience this issue or have other ideas?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

Still dealing with no soft buttons on the radio for the heated/cooled seats. Disable and re-enable did not make a difference. Might need to disable for a couple of days then try again. Anyone experience this issue or have other ideas?

Don't know if it will help but in the AlfaOBD thread there is a 2018 Laramie 1500 factory BCM dump with heated seats/wheel ... It might be worth a look.

Or possibly find someone nearby with an 18 factory heated seat/wheel truck to test it in.

M² Mods.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Quick question, would a 68331635AK from a 2019 Ram work in a 2014 with a 8.4 RA4?

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Don't know if it will help but in the AlfaOBD thread there is a 2018 Laramie 1500 factory BCM dump with heated seats/wheel ... It might be worth a look.

Or possibly find someone nearby with an 18 factory heated seat/wheel truck to test it in.

M² Mods.

That was the perfect suggestion, thanks!!! Comparing my file and the 2018 file I found seat settings under the Cabin Network which I did not need before. Enabling them resolved the issue.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
That was the perfect suggestion, thanks!!! Comparing my file and the 2018 file I found seat settings under the Cabin Network which I did not need before. Enabling them resolved the issue.
Post that additional info up in the heated seat n wheel thread by Ricks Ram (or StecoD ?) for the benefit of others please.

M² Mods.

mdowning

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 Tradesman Powerwagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Exactly what I wanted to hear! I think I'm going back to a "stock" radio...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

My 68331635 is scheduled for delivery today. I'm going to start working on that project as soon as the bezel arrives (hopefully friday). Many thanks to Mike for the help getting all the parts I needed.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
My 68331635 is scheduled for delivery today. I'm going to start working on that project as soon as the bezel arrives (hopefully friday). Many thanks to Mike for the help getting all the parts I needed.
I just purchased 68331635AK from a 2019 classic. They are including the USB hub from the center jumpseat console all for $450 shipped. Is that about what you all have been paying for a UAS?

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
@SitKneelBend that USB hub is worth $100 just by itself. Dam you did excellent, Congratulations on that deal.
Patience found the radio at the right price and a nice guy on the other end of the phone got the hub included!

Now let's see what comes in the mail...fingers crossed but the build sheet for the truck checked out and he sent me a picture of the right hub (I think).

83f17b3e059111134105afcfd89c220d.jpg

Last edited:

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I just purchased 68331635AK from a 2019 classic. They are including the USB hub from the center jumpseat console all for $450 shipped. Is that about what you all have been paying for a UAS?

I've never found one that cheap, or even close to it. They have gotten harder to find as of late too.

Did you give up on the Tesla Style radios?

M² Mods.