I noticed something lame about Gen 5 Rams.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemimania

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
While I was at the dealer getting my oil changed, I noticed only the Limited's had rear wheel well liners, no other trim levels did. That looks real ****** without it. Gen 4's don't leave everything completely exposed. Come on, even on $50k+ trucks they don't have it if they aren't a Limited? That can't cost but a few dollars really considering the quantity they'd use. I forgot to take pics.
I could see one issue with having them. My 2004 didn't have them and I didn't get any rust on my fender. My 2015 has them and I musta got some debris between them and the fender and I started getting rust bubbles.

NH RAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Tradesman 2500 Snow Chief
Engine
It's an option, my 2019 2500 has them and it's a Tradesman. It depends on what you're looking for, but it's a pretty easy add-on if it doesn't have them. I agree though, it looks much better with them and serves to protect the frame and bed underside. I also FluidFilm my truck to help with corrosion. MY 2016 1500 Big Horn came with them also.

Fergusontd

FTD
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My '17 1500 Big Horn came with wheelwell liners as and option.

JF19Longhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ETorque
Almost every brand will have an appearance weak point. You can spend $75M for a Ford 150 Platinum w/ Ecoboost and still have that pathetic looking single side exit tailpipe...

Actually that is the only trim, besides the Raptor, that they put the dual exhaust on. I 'think' they added that in 2018. :favorites13:

Jerry Ashby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My 2019 Tradesman came with the two upgrade packages available but did not include them. Never liked the way it looked but was unaware of an option. This post motivated me to install a set, huge difference! 98% of the trucks on my dealers lot don't have them, across all trim levels. According to my salesman they must be ordered as a separate option. Current List price is $82 each, if ordered would have been $100 option for both.

This forum has been a treasure trove of valuable information and I greatly appreciate it!